• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC

To be clear, the turn ratings on these are all based off a 540 3 segment arm....a 16t 3 segment arm is going to make a LOT more RPM than a 550 16t or a 16t 5 segment (CVR under the my brand, crawlmaster line from HH).......

For further reference...

5 segment arms typically are equal to double the winds in a 3 segment...16t 5 segment=32t 3 segment, etc. There is no real ratio for 550 arms to a 540 arm...

Long and the short of it, these ESCs will work with just about any brushed crawler based motor on the market....

Later EddieO

I set my start up power up from 0% to 6% now and it pulls off a lot better. Before there would be a slight whine and no movement.
Likewise with resolution up to 16k
With the motor i'm running the ESC is almost silent as well. Shame the motor is so loud!

My order arrived this am and 2 1080 WP are in. Nice and compact compared to the SW3. Finally had some "quiet" time this evening to install / solder Deans plugs etc. Sunday I will read up on the setting's.

The 1080's will be going on a Vaterra Ascender and a TF2, both running HH Crawlmaster Expert 13T w/ 3S.

IMG_7866.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

Last edited:
I installed this esc in my ascender a few days ago, and have adjusted the settings a few times to get it dialed in. I am very impressed with how well it works, and how it made my truck so much more controllable. Couldn't be happier with how it works.

I set my start up power up from 0% to 6% now and it pulls off a lot better. Before there would be a slight whine and no movement.
Likewise with resolution up to 16k
With the motor i'm running the ESC is almost silent as well. Shame the motor is so loud!

that is a great feature no more loud whinny motors....

Is the internal bec rated at max 3A or 6A? I want to run this in my Gelande II without bec and wonder if it will hold up well. Will attach a winch, 6 x leds and of course the steering servo (savox SW-1210SG).

Is the internal bec rated at max 3A or 6A? I want to run this in my Gelande II without bec and wonder if it will hold up well. Will attach a winch, 6 x leds and of course the steering servo (savox SW-1210SG).

3a/6-7.4v. I'm assuming 3a is a conservative rating and the max is close to 5a. I have about 20 packs through mine and the bec has been very reliable. The bec easily handles my 1230sg @500oz. "thumbsup"

Took my scx10 2 out today with the freshly fitted 1080 and hh trail master 21t 550 and I'm super impressed for a $62 combo. Internal Bec seems good to me, I run a savox 1258 and it has plenty of grunt for my 6lb truck.
c6c6c2a489e25a20e242bfc5562a7d22.jpg

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/207852212" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been running this ESC a lot for a couple weeks now in my budget TF2 build and I'm very happy with it. Mine is paired with e Titan 21T and its pretty smooth and even after a couple hours on that heavy thing it doesnt get warm. I'm sure a quality motor would be much smoother, but for now the cheapo Titan is staying in.

I dont think you can beat this ESC for the price.

I emailed them because it says 3a everywhere, but one part of the website says 6a. It's a 3a with a 6a peak for around 10 seconds.

The savöx specs say it could draw up to 5A. Add the draw of the Winch motor and u are easyly above 6A. I would use a bec.
Or u could even steer or winch but not both in the same time. To be save not frying the ESC bec. The LEDs doesn't consume much.

sent by magic_yeti :)

I've been running this ESC a lot for a couple weeks now in my budget TF2 build and I'm very happy with it. Mine is paired with e Titan 21T and its pretty smooth and even after a couple hours on that heavy thing it doesnt get warm. I'm sure a quality motor would be much smoother, but for now the cheapo Titan is staying in.

I dont think you can beat this ESC for the price.

It's real good. I've been super impressed after figuring out my initial issue. I wish they made one in this price range for BL motors with similar capabilities. I really like Holmes Puller Pro BL motors but I don't like having to shell out almost $300 for a motor/esc combo.

Would you guys recommend that i would go this route or should i go with HH TorqueMaster Waterproofed?

I am running 2S battery, Tekin 35T, and a Hitec 7950 servo. Oh also this is for a Wraith.

Would you guys recommend that i would go this route or should i go with HH TorqueMaster Waterproofed?

I am running 2S battery, Tekin 35T, and a Hitec 7950 servo. Oh also this is for a Wraith.
Go with the HobbyWing 1080 unless you want to spend more money for no reason...

I have the esc set up as follows, but I still do not have 100% hold on a incline / decline, rig still rolls.

settings: 3 - 1 - 3 - 9 - 4 - 4 - 9 - 1 - 9 - 1 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 1 - 2

That tekin 55t doesn't have strong enough magnets to hold the truck still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back