• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help building my Krazed Un-stuck crawler

Yes sir! I am, desTroy.. lol..

I'm not a vendor anymore and I'll get a hold of Robbob and see what's up.
Krazed and BmachineRC, both started offering the desTroy plate, with their chassis.

Love the desTroy plate! One of the only plates that'll go vertical with the servo and not be in the middle of the links doing it.

31921386105_fe5a17d8b3_b.jpg

Was meaning to ask this when I was figuring out where to mount the servo. Wanted to do it like this but I couldn't get the servo to fit and figured maybe he is running a smaller servo? Is he?

9b797e1bc11e7b7e3c0a1f0b1ebc35d0.jpg

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

In able for me to run the servo like that, I had to clearance the housing a bit and run a plate like the one pictured. Robbob might be able to make one for you.
stuck-16777-albums4156-60469.jpg

stuck-16777-albums4156-60489.jpg

Last edited:
Yes sir! I am, desTroy.. lol..

I'm not a vendor anymore and I'll get a hold of Robbob and see what's up.
Krazed and BmachineRC, both started offering the desTroy plate, with their chassis.

In able for me to run the servo like that, I had to clearance the housing a bit and run a plate like the one pictured. Robbob might be able to make one for you.
stuck-16777-albums4156-60469.jpg

stuck-16777-albums4156-60489.jpg

Sorry I missed all this. Ill have more desTroy's in stock this friday if you're still looking for one.

I also have the file for the one Stuck uses on his truck if that one interests you as well.

Feel free to PM me "thumbsup"

Thanks for the info. I ordered the other top plate rcbros makes last night. I'm determined to have a go at BTA steering lol.

This one
6b9473d7865223107bd5316b19b6edd2.jpg

I'd still like to get the desTroy one to try out. Am I correct to say though that the desTroy one limits what pinion angle you can use?

Sorry I missed all this. Ill have more desTroy's in stock this friday if you're still looking for one.

I also have the file for the one Stuck uses on his truck if that one interests you as well.

Feel free to PM me "thumbsup"
You wrote that while I replied above. I'll probably go with the desTroy one if anything if I'm not satisfied after trying the one that's on the way. Thanks for letting me know I have options.

Good to know. Any clearance issues with the shocks or lower links mounted a certain way?

I use the offset link ends, on the bottoms of my front shocks.
e02d21d28e9f1e3a3a749c59d1d022c1.jpg

Which gives room for your RX..
0e449803f166301774b5689813d73f7b.jpg

I have nothing but motor wires, behind my ESC placement. ;)

Krazed builds and RcBros offer some fast shipping. Ordered the other top plate a couple days ago and it's in my mailbox today.

I noticed krazed listed a desTroy plate in stock Thursday night which I grabbed and got a notice already it's waiting for pick up. Also got the shock disc set from him.

Great service! Thanks

The shock discovered are a product that few take the time to try but they are worth there weight in gold!

149 r/c worx

Started setting up the other rcbros top plate and wanted some opinions. I made a tie rod that would work while giving me as much clearance as possible. This is what I came up with.

54d3d9a3d98f0e2ea6cc4ba346d1b198.jpg

792e834844f6ece1cdb2bde8f1279eda.jpg

90e532fc4920fc69aa4a57f78036609a.jpg

These whole reason behind trying this BTA steering was to get everything as far away from obstacles as possible. But now looking at it in front of me I don't see it being accomplished with the tie rod there. I already knew as best as I can make a drag link that works it won't give the mechanical leverage as say running the destroy will (seems the negatives or out weighing the positives). So why do some people run BTA steering? I see people that easily run there tie rod in the front and way up high which I see as all positive with no negatives or is there one that I don't know?

My next step I think is going to be flipping the servo to face forward and over analyz the shit out of that for a while lol or till my destroy plate comes in the mail.

Last edited:
I've ran bta on an scx axle before and it worked out fine. The tie rod looked like a funky piece of artwork but it cleared from lock to lock. :lol:

I'd just wait for the destroy plate and run the tie rod out front to make life simple. No need to over analyze it.

54d3d9a3d98f0e2ea6cc4ba346d1b198.jpg

792e834844f6ece1cdb2bde8f1279eda.jpg

90e532fc4920fc69aa4a57f78036609a.jpg

My only issue with the BTA, the way you have your tie rod, is:
What are you gaining? Is the miniscule amount of front clearance (say 1mm) Worth the 3mm of ground clearance, under the axle?

To me: it's not even about the 3mm of ground clearance. (Even if it was only 1mm)
It's about MANY other things that go with the tie rod, under the axle..

You can't hang a edge, as deep.

Your tie rod will rub on the rocks and take contact pressure away from your front tires.

You Will hang up, on it!

Etc, etc, etc....

It is a Bad way to go about a steering setup!

On the flip side.. the front mount tie rod, will out weigh, any other setup! IMO and has been debated, with many of ppl..

It will keep you from getting as far stuffed into a rock.

You can use your tie rod and drag link, to move the front of the truck, when your pushed into a rock or even upside-down.

Better geo, stronger steering, and zero draw backs, that I ever found.

I could continue.. but I'm not going to.. lol..

Unless it's for fun.. don't waste the time trying to figure it out. It's been tried and changed, by better ppl then me! lol..

Last edited:
My only issue with the BTA, the way you have your tie rod, is:
What are you gaining? Is the miniscule amount of front clearance (say 1mm) Worth the 3mm of ground clearance, under the axle?

To me: it's not even about the 3mm of ground clearance. (Even if it was only 1mm)
It's about MANY other things that go with the tie rod, under the axle..

You can't hang a edge, as deep.

Your tie rod will rub on the rocks and take contact pressure away from your front tires.

You Will hang up, on it!

Etc, etc, etc....

It is a Bad way to go about a steering setup!

On the flip side.. the front mount tie rod, will out way, any other setup! IMO and had been debated, with many of ppl..
It will keep you from getting as far stuffed into a rock.
You can use your tie rod and drag link, to move the front of the truck, when your pushed into a rock or even upside-down.
Better geo, stronger steering, and zero draw backs, that I ever found.

I could continue.. but I'm not going to.. lol..
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Not trying to knock one over the other, but this was where my thinking was leading too and you threw in a few from your own experience that I couldn't have known yet either. Thank you. I'm waiting for my deTroy plate.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Not trying to knock one over the other, but this was where my thinking was leading too and you threw in a few from your own experience that I couldn't have known yet either. Thank you. I'm waiting for my deTroy plate.

I'm not really knocking one, just the way your tie rod is.. lol..

I have seen good BTA setups. Where the tie rod is above the lower links.. But....

It was spaced off the steering arms and/or bent 4-6 different ways.. which all losses steering leverage.

I'm a HUGE fan of the 7980! Tho, I couldn't figure out how to get one to fit, with the desTroy plate.
So I worried and worried, about not having enough torque.
To my surprise,I haven't felt the need to need a stronger servo! Even tho I'm running a HH servo.. ;)

I'm not really knocking one, just the way your tie rod is.. lol..

I have seen good BTA setups. Where the tie rod is above the lower links.. But....

It was spaced off the steering arms and/or bent 4-6 different ways.. which all losses steering leverage.

I'm a HUGE fan of the 7980! Tho, I couldn't figure out how to get one to fit, with the desTroy plate.
So I worried and worried, about not having enough torque.
To my surprise,I haven't felt the need to need a stronger servo! Even tho I'm running a HH servo.. ;)
Wasn't applying you we're, I felt some may have thought I was knocking it which I wasn't trying to, just wanted to have a open discussion on both of them so some who know little about all this like me and may not post but read, will have a better idea what is right for them and not buy all three plates like me lol.

Edit to add:
I know I could have put a few more bends in it if I wanted it higher off the ground but as you mentioned and I knew (that would have lowered steering strength even more) Hence why I went with a simpler design.

Last edited:
Wasn't applying you we're, I felt some may have thought I was knocking it which I wasn't trying to, just wanted to have a open discussion on both of them so some who know little about all this like me and may not post but read, will have a better idea what is right for them and not buy all three plates like me lol.

Edit to add:
I know I could have put a few more bends in it if I wanted it higher off the ground but as you mentioned and I knew (that would have lowered steering strength even more) Hence why I went with a simpler design.

Hahahaha...
When I said "I'm not REALLY knocking one of them"..

I Really was! Lol... I'm not skerd!

Last couple days I've been researching theory of 4 link suspension in fullsize rock crawling and how to set up. Figured it may give me a better idea on setting up my crawler. Have two questions.

How is the base of the unstuck chassis suppose to rest in reference to the ground? Was it built to be angled like the photo below (yellow)? Or should it be horizontal to the ground? And should the links run straight and in line with the chassis base (red)?

c28da832f912dce815fb870856ed5a30.jpg

Last couple days I've been researching theory of 4 link suspension in fullsize rock crawling and how to set up. Figured it may give me a better idea on setting up my crawler. Have two questions.

How is the base of the unstuck chassis suppose to rest in reference to the ground? Was it built to be angled like the photo below (yellow)? Or should it be horizontal to the ground? And should the links run straight and in line with the chassis base (red)?

c28da832f912dce815fb870856ed5a30.jpg

Dam that's a good looking rig! And the setup looks to be, spot on!

Back