• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help building my Krazed Un-stuck crawler

What should my wheelbase be?

Is it measured with truck at ride height or bottomed out to the ground?

Measured from front axle pin to rear axle pin?

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Sportsman spec is 12 1/2" with the suspension compressed. Axle centers with front tires pointed straight.
Not completely true...

12.5" is your Max wheel base.. whether it's at full compression, ride height, or at full height.

If a tech judge sees that your wheel base shrinks, when you push down on your rig, he/she will have you lift your rig till it's at "Max wheel base"..
Ask me how I know! Lol..

Not completely true...

12.5" is your Max wheel base.. whether it's at full compression, ride height, or at full height.

If a tech judge sees that your wheel base shrinks, when you push down on your rig, he/she will have you lift your rig till it's at "Max wheel base"..
Ask me how I know! Lol..

Measured with wheels/tires on or off?

What about toe in or toe out?

Measured with wheels/tires on or off?

What about toe in or toe out?

Axle to axle.. with or without wheels on. Your choice.
If your axles are do in your wheels, you can make a jig..

A piece of cardboard w/12.5" marks and the center cut out, works. (Like 2 triangles on a stick).

What about toe in or toe out? The rules say, 12.5" wheel base, with your wheels straight.. soooooo... You might be able to squeeze a 32nd or so, by running toe in.. [emoji6]

Over the years, I have tried it all.. I have landed on, toe in.. way more Pro's, then any con, I could find.

It's alive!

006e499c578841c8961b29adab605b52.jpg

29d7e429bc1c3f175c4ec64e7354918c.jpg

Saaweeet!!! Time to start dialing it in!

I meant to post these already. Here's my son's unstuck, that I built and tuned. (Build thread around here somewhere)
17a903efe825682cb496381149f69274.jpg

024eba1d30210cd623e5bb1d3b72b4cd.jpg

96c34d32b6b7267dd1eafa2b9858fb83.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos. I'll have to try and find that thread, nice looking build.

Right now my shocks or dry. Have to order some oil, Fish said 30w front 60w rear would be a good start and he also gave me stiffer springs that I need to swap on.

Started removing the knobs on the inner front tires cause they were catching on the springs.

Not the KOR's! Lol.. you just need comp tires.. ;)

Agreed! XOR's are a decent trail tire but they aren't worthy of a comp rig. If work is going to be put into tires at least start with something good. I run jconcepts ruptures on my main sporty and jconcepts scorpios that are thoroughly worked over on my secondary sporty.

On the ruptures I removed the lugs from the inside & out of the rear and inside of the front tires since I like to use the outside side lugs to climb. Shaving the side lugs and especially thinning the sidewalls made a huge difference to the climbing ability.

20161127_173658_zpsmhhzmro0.jpg

The scorpios are sanded down on the inside and I cut every lug on the tires in one way or another while removing a bunch of them.

20161214_162334_zpsmxnwjowi.jpg

20161214_175649_zpsciipautv.jpg

Voodoo pins are always a solid choice too but you'll have to play around with a tire before you find a tire that matches your driving style. I've found a lugged tire to be more to my liking over pins so that's what I run.

She has the shacks at certain speeds. Checked alignment of pinion and spur. Both rears spin freely when disconnected from transfer case.
Fish said look for video on drive shaft alignment or balancing. Is there one on this forum someone would recommend?

Turns out its my front pinion angle. Going to lengthen the top links and hopefully not have to change everything else lol

Pinion angle will certainly do it more often than anything else. I was editing my reply when I hit a dead zone and when I came back into service you'd already quoted it etc. :lol:

I still run outputs in phase and driveline yokes in phase too so any odd vibration is kept to a minimum.

Turns out its my front pinion angle. Going to lengthen the top links and hopefully not have to change everything else lol

What's wrong with your front pinion angle?
It should be level, with the ground.

From what I can't tell from the pics.. you don't want your uppers, any longer.
Need a pic from the side, with the rig at ride height.

Last edited:
Back