• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help building my Krazed Un-stuck crawler

Last couple days I've been researching theory of 4 link suspension in fullsize rock crawling and how to set up. Figured it may give me a better idea on setting up my crawler. Have two questions.

How is the base of the unstuck chassis suppose to rest in reference to the ground? Was it built to be angled like the photo below (yellow)? Or should it be horizontal to the ground? And should the links run straight and in line with the chassis base (red)?

c28da832f912dce815fb870856ed5a30.jpg

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Ya man your good. It was designed to have an angle.

Go drive it a bunch and make one change at a time until it is where you like it. I know that sounds cliché as fawk but it's how it works. I ended up with my uppers in the top hole both front and rear on the chassis but some people like it different.

If I buy the voodoo 2.2 pin tires do I only have to cut some pins off? I don't have to do any complex mods like narrowing or anything? Should I get them all gold (super soft) ?

Thanks

I don't have any pins trimmed but I'm going to try to get them narrowed at some point.

Last edited:
I don't have any pins trimmed but I'm going to try to get them narrowed at some point.

Scalerfab.com Team Driver / 149 r/c worx Team Driver

You run them in stock form? What softness? Can u get them narrowed after they have been used or should they be new? Just curious

In my group there are 4 sets of voodoo's. Full width gold, narrowed gold front/silver rear and ultra narrow gold front/ silver rear. They all work fine.

If you want narrowed tires just buy them pre cut from purpmart.

If i get that CA glue release stuff will it work if I went crazy with CA glue lol? I glued the beast tires fully around the rim. Can the carbon fiber be damaged? Thinking about getting the narrow voodoo pins and putting the beast tires on my son's everest 10. Don't want to do it though if it opens a can of worms and ends up ruining either the wheels or tires.

Get the un-cure and let it soak for a minute or so before pulling them off. It really is fantastic stuff. Rough up the area you're going to glue the voodoo's and they'll stick even better than the pitbulls do.

In my group there are 4 sets of voodoo's. Full width gold, narrowed gold front/silver rear and ultra narrow gold front/ silver rear. They all work fine.

If you want narrowed tires just buy them pre cut from purpmart.

narrowed gold front/silver rear
is that regular width rear or narrowed rear too?

Ill go with that, Ill need to know what to tell the guy as far as back width.

Also what CI foams should I order?
Narrow comp cut or just comp cut? 2.2 - 5.5 or 2.2 - 6.0? soft front med rear foam or med front hard rear foam? I know there are many combos what would be a good start for me based on everything you know about my build?

Last edited:
Acetone in a sealed bucket, elevate the tires above and let the fumes dissolve the ca, will take overnight

I've used that method and it works but un-cure is almost immediate and cleanup is a breeze.

narrowed gold front/silver rear
is that regular width rear or narrowed rear too?

Ill go with that, Ill need to know what to tell the guy as far as back width.

Also what CI foams should I order?
Narrow comp cut or just comp cut? 2.2 - 5.5 or 2.2 - 6.0? soft front med rear foam or med front hard rear foam? I know there are many combos what would be a good start for me based on everything you know about my build?

Purp does narrow and ultra narrow. I'd do narrow with narrow comp cut medium rear soft front in 6" from ci.

A few locals around me are using 'Goop' to glue their wheels now. Ive see it in use and none have lost a bead yet.

From what Im told they use it because its real easy to unglue and clean off when they want to take their tires apart or change them.

A few locals around me are using 'Goop' to glue their wheels now. Ive see it in use and none have lost a bead yet.

From what Im told they use it because its real easy to unglue and clean off when they want to take their tires apart or change them.

I'll give that a shot the next go around but I'm not throwing g away my CA and un-cure just yet. :lol:

Lonewolf8o, would you please tell me what knuckles, chubs and shafts that you ended up using? Post #172 pictures look like Vanquish wraith chub, and axial unis, but is that a DLUX knuckle? Or vanquish knuckle and brass weight? Reading through your thread, it looked like you had some compatibility issues you got sorted out, and I would like to avoid. This has been a great thread, and motivated me to build a krazed shafty. Thanks for the build thread and any help you can provide.
Peace.

Lonewolf8o, would you please tell me what knuckles, chubs and shafts that you ended up using? Post #172 pictures look like Vanquish wraith chub, and axial unis, but is that a DLUX knuckle? Or vanquish knuckle and brass weight? Reading through your thread, it looked like you had some compatibility issues you got sorted out, and I would like to avoid. This has been a great thread, and motivated me to build a krazed shafty. Thanks for the build thread and any help you can provide.
Peace.
That's awesome my thread helped you. I feel there's a lot of people like us that feel a little overwhelmed but I can tell you with the support of a few members here on this thread and in pm's it helped me sort things out.

Right now I just did 12 hrs of snow removal and I'm in a parking lot taking a leak, so I don't really remember much of anything right now lmao. But when I get home in a little I'll take some needed updated photos anyways and answer all your questions.

All vanquish including the weights from the looks of it. Using the rcbros steering arms helps get tighter turning radius than regular VP arms will allow. To get full 70* throw a bit of the weights need to be ground down.

Peace.
If your starting from scratch and don't have any VP stuff, it is cheaper to go with VP C's and Dlux brass knuckles, from the get go.

Yup scratch build. Thank you for the reply! WT, Winnerone23, robbob, thank you for your input through this thread! Lonewolf8o careful things don't freeze out in the open like that!!

Back