• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Ultra4400 now w/ Axial Ripsaws!

Going to make two light bars for this rig. I saw the light bar on Andy's Hack-A-Lac again today and reminded me how much I liked that style bar. I first saw the style when Campbell built his IFS KOH rig.

Terr5sha.jpg

Did a couple test configurations tonight and some testing. Going to order the white LED's tonight and make a proto with the amber lights I already have since the white will take a couple weeks at least to arrive from Hong Kong.

Going to make the frame from 1/4" Delrin
Light_Bar.JPG

LED%20001.jpg

LED%20002.jpg

I sanded the face of the LED's smooth to see what it would do to light dispersion, I may put something in front of the LED's to make them look like a bunch of smaller LED's still I'm not sure. You can see it doesn't project as well.

LED%20003.jpg

LED%20004.jpg

Try a coat of flat clear on some Lexan, put the Lexan about 1/8 inch in front of the LED's. That'll eliminate the pinpoint effect.

love the setup. Hong Kong is cheap but it takes forever. I ordered 100 white 10,000mcd LEDs from there. Took 3weeks and they sent me blue ones. They made it right but it took another 3 weeks.

Going to make two light bars for this rig. I saw the light bar on Andy's Hack-A-Lac again today and reminded me how much I liked that style bar. I first saw the style when Campbell built his IFS KOH rig.

Terr5sha.jpg

Did a couple test configurations tonight and some testing. Going to order the white LED's tonight and make a proto with the amber lights I already have since the white will take a couple weeks at least to arrive from Hong Kong.

Going to make the frame from 1/4" Delrin
Light_Bar.JPG

LED%20001.jpg

LED%20002.jpg

I sanded the face of the LED's smooth to see what it would do to light dispersion, I may put something in front of the LED's to make them look like a bunch of smaller LED's still I'm not sure. You can see it doesn't project as well.

LED%20003.jpg

LED%20004.jpg
Have bought from this site a few times, quick shipping.
www.superbrightleds.com

think U need a strut in-between the shocks ??
may help out with shock support "thumbsup"

a bar taped on both ends so where U can run the shock bolts thru the shock mount, shocks & into the shock brace bar !

looks like U may need a roof all-so !
to hide the light bar wires.

let me know if i can help ?
can make & tap the shock bar & the roof if U like :flipoff:

LED_bar200031.jpg

I may have you do a little more to the shock area, thinking about running a longer shock that is tipped in a little more. May still pick up those lower links too.

The roof I am definitely going to bring your way.

think U need a strut in-between the shocks ??
may help out with shock support "thumbsup"

a bar taped on both ends so where U can run the shock bolts thru the shock mount, shocks & into the shock brace bar !

looks like U may need a roof all-so !
to hide the light bar wires.

let me know if i can help ?
can make & tap the shock bar & the roof if U like :flipoff:

LED_bar200031.jpg

Back