• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gspeed V3 w/ Mojave body

Hey campers, been a while since I've updated this build...

A couple weeks ago, I swapped the TRX-4 axles and 3 gear tranny for some AR45 Strait axles and a VFD. I had to shorten the front upper link 6-8mm from what I had before. Also, I replaced the Amazon servo for a 3BRC G-11. Pulled a late nighter and got it ready for my first comp. Ended the day with 2nd place in Class 2.5 SORRCA Lite rules and local spot. Untested rig at a place I'd never crawled before.

I had to de-case the Rx just to get it to fit somewhere. I know this isn't ideal but I added a couple layers of servo tape to try and keep it from picking up Rf noise from the servo. So far, its working just fine.
iK9UWbJ.jpg

DTrvoKJ.jpg

xiyPQ00.jpg

1CppQEi.jpg

Nywn6mX.jpg

I used to the standard VFD skid. It took a lot of cutting to get everything clearanced and links moving freely.
MOTCvfy.jpg

svlAur7.jpg

Lou

Last edited:
I learned so much at the comp as well as saw a few things that needed tweaking on the rig.

Most notably, I hung a Mamba X so I can move to 4s batteries. The ESC and battery are within a few grams of each other so that helps a ton with lateral balance.
SZOzhC9.jpg

I also went back to dravtechs for this guy. I had them on a rig that doesn't see much wheel time so I swapped them back in.
9jrfPRY.jpg

After the shock swap, I took the time to really dial the front end in. I'm very happy with where it is now and there is almost no bump steer.
sLfpq7L.jpg

While I was doing all this work, A co-worker offered to do some paint work for me... Hand painted pin stripes. Totally needs to be seen in person to appreciate...
xc9qiHY.jpg

Fp2f0lu.jpg

XPUAXwj.jpg

With all the changes, She weighs in at 5lb 5oz... Dig it.
xynSE6r.jpg

Lou

Looks great Lou!"thumbsup" Not sure how I missed your build thread, but I found it and I'm following along now!:)

Nice to see another GSpeed with the VFD trans! Good looking shocks!;-)

Congrats on the 2nd place finish. Damn good for your fist comp!"thumbsup"

Looks great Lou!"thumbsup" Not sure how I missed your build thread, but I found it and I'm following along now!:)

Nice to see another GSpeed with the VFD trans! Good looking shocks!;-)

Congrats on the 2nd place finish. Damn good for your fist comp!"thumbsup"

Thanks bro! I was super jazzed. I have the bug for sure, I definitely want to comp more. I hope to test it later this afternoon, I’ll try to get pics on.

Lou

I serviced the Dravtechs with 32.5wt all around but mini T med springs up front, and firm in the rear. Got it nice and twisted up this afternoon and I loved it. I think I'm going to 30wt in the front shocks and see how it feels from there.

OrcuxMS.jpg

hNSwtuO.jpg

zwRtRDd.jpg

4rZCJtg.jpg

cNeLOHZ.jpg

bc4X6QV.jpg

Ynp5VZR.jpg

5r4SpoL.jpg

9PbRG49.jpg

I freaking love this buggy.

Lou

Nice twisted pics Lou!"thumbsup"

I'm still unsure on which shock oil weight I am going to go with on my Drav's. I always start out at 40wt and tune from there. Though 40wt usually seems to work out well in most cases. Since these G-rigs are lighter, I may have to drop down to 30wt like you may do.

Nice twisted pics Lou!"thumbsup"

I'm still unsure on which shock oil weight I am going to go with on my Drav's. I always start out at 40wt and tune from there. Though 40wt usually seems to work out well in most cases. Since these G-rigs are lighter, I may have to drop down to 30wt like you may do.

The big get with the drav’s are the machined pistons. They are way consistent. A lot of times, I think we tend to use heavier oils just because of blow by internal to the shock itself. If you usually run 40wt, I’d suggest 25-30wt starting point on the dravs. I run 50wt in my other rigs. 30wt in dravs feels pretty damn close to my other shocks but way more consistent and predictable.

After the last outing, I’ll probably drop to 27wt up front in mine, leave the 32.5wt in the rear...

Lou

Thank you, thank you. The pin stripes were done by a buddy at work. The bumpers were custom made by one of my Jeep buddies who is a professional fabricator. I’m so in love with this rig... I can’t wait to post my newest build...

Lou

Back