• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

looking great mate - cant wait to see it in person.

re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

baddass rig bro i like it so much its comming along real good keep up the good work?"thumbsup"

Guido looking great as allways. Can`t wait to see him back in action "thumbsup" Man I gotta build a bronco!

Looking stout Griz. Whats next on the agenda?

I am in the last sprint on my few trucks.
Trying to tuck 5 lbs of electronics in a 2 lb box for the FOJV and tuck the wires in.

And changed out to an 80t spur/20t pinion on Teeny.
More betta!

But I like the dirrection your heading now.
But man, doesnt lrave alot of tuning time, your certainly cutting it close

So... you DIDNT en up burning this thing did you?:mrgreen:

Some days that's how fabbin goes LOL. Time to walk away for a few.

looking great mate - cant wait to see it in person.

baddass rig bro i like it so much its comming along real good keep up the good work?"thumbsup"

Guido looking great as allways. Can`t wait to see him back in action "thumbsup" Man I gotta build a bronco!
thanks guys. 8)
Looking stout Griz. Whats next on the agenda?

I am in the last sprint on my few trucks.
Trying to tuck 5 lbs of electronics in a 2 lb box for the FOJV and tuck the wires in.

And changed out to an 80t spur/20t pinion on Teeny.
More betta!

But I like the dirrection your heading now.
But man, doesnt lrave alot of tuning time, your certainly cutting it close
Next up is paint the chassis, finish fab work on the rear axle, electronics boxes, and work on things like the interior and roof panels as I do reassembly.

Tuning, what's that? :ror: I've never had time to tune a build before a big event. Since 2004..... :ror:
I figure the width and wheelbase increase will only make handling better than before so I'll just drive like I did before. I've been building long wheelbase 4ws 2.2's for many years so I feel confident everything will work and drive as expected. As far as foam and shock tuning go, I just pick something and run with it. 8) I feel I've got a good amount of TTC time on Guido and know what the weaknesses were and what improvements I want.

Besides, I won't be running in the Class 3 crawling event. Guido is no match for those wide axle, narrow bodied, competition style rigs, so I have no desire to get my ass kicked there. I'm running KOL and TTC only. "thumbsup"
So... you DIDNT en up burning this thing did you?:mrgreen:
Nope. Only 666 burns his rigs. :ror:

4th time's the charm! "thumbsup"

Some days that's how fabbin goes LOL. Time to walk away for a few.

I feel your pain mate - but it all pays off in the end.
Thanks guys, 4th time was a charm. :ror: I just really wanted to get done early today with fab so I could start prepping for paint.

What happens to the workbench after 3 days of constant fab work. :ror: It's not always clean anyway but I did clean up before this weekend.
IMG_0105.jpg

Found one of these in the garage rafters that I had been saving.
IMG_0117.jpg

New tube work on the rear end. Since I lost the grill after the last rebuild I wanted to at least bring back part of the tailgate to bring back some of the Bronco element. I wanted to get away from the KOH look and go back to a garage built trail/TTC rig look.
IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

I wanted to put on a bumper that had some resemblance to the 1:1 Guido. I may add the dimple die plate if I have time.
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Winch plate is finally installed.
IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

It's a tight fit but it just clears the track bar at full bump. I had to move the winch back to keep the screws from interfering with the trackbar.
IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Now it's time to finish welding and clean up the chassis for paint.

Last edited:

how are you cleaning up the welds? dremel?

Looks good

Good idea on saving an extra shell, wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a few more just incase LOL. Cheap enough, wish the CR01 mog body was cheaper, makes me not want to go with it.

Never know when stuff gets disco'd and then becomes a rare or expensive body!!

Good idea on saving an extra shell, wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a few more just incase LOL. Cheap enough, wish the CR01 mog body was cheaper, makes me not want to go with it.

Never know when stuff gets disco'd and then becomes a rare or expensive body!!
Yep, I like to squirrel stuff away. While I was looking I found 2 Proline CJ8 bodies, a couple Madscrambler CJ8 repops, a Proline FJ40 body, a couple HPI TJ bodies, a Losi Grappler, and a Losi Bronko. "thumbsup"

I had a proline Cj8 for awhile when they become spendy but it wasnt NIP or good shape.

I haven't fell in love with any of the lexan bodies yet :(. If I had the skill, I've considering mig welding a tube chassis, and making samurai hood/body panels from styrene

Your build is making me consider a EB body though LOL.

That's a lot of engineering right there griz! Awesome work. "thumbsup":twisted::twisted::twisted:

Grizz I'm Speachless Guido never ceases to amaze!

Also Eddies foams are the only way to go, they have never failed for me especially with a rig as heavy as yours.
Thanks Luis. 8)
Great updates man. All the fab parts are looking good and functional. Is front suspension like death, comes in threes? First Norm, then me, now you. LOL! Just glad we all got our stuff lined out and relatively easy. Wish I could be in Washington for all the fun.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs
I think it oes come in threes. :ror: Thanks Clay. 8)
That's a lot of engineering right there griz! Awesome work. "thumbsup":twisted::twisted::twisted:
Thanks Bulldog. 8)

So I got tired of doing paint prep work so i got on the computer. Every time I rebuild Guido I plug numbers into my spreadsheet to make sure I am building something realistic. I just wanted to show you all this, I think it's something that gets overlooked way too much with scale rigs.

Way back when, I measured several of the body panels of the HPI Bronco body and compared it to my 1:1 Bronc. I came up with an average of 1:8.6 scale for the body. Based on that I can calculate how everything else scales out.

For comparison I picked a couple fairly well known rigs to compare specs with. The Vector Fab Green Giant and ColeworX Fat Girl. I'm really happy with how things are still working out to scale on Guido. My specs are very similar to the Vector Fab Jeep running the same tires.

ref01.jpg
ref02.jpg

ref03.jpg

ref04.jpg

GuidoScale.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Just for reference, this ugly Bronco has a 116" wb.
ref05.jpg

Last edited:

Hooray for scale rigs that are actually scale! :mrgreen:

Guido's looking great....keep it up, man! "thumbsup"

Think this is the first time Ive seen a 1:1 pic and thought it was an RC. The second pic of the Vector Jeep looks like a RC clone with the big Iroks.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs

Back