• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Hooray for scale rigs that are actually scale! :mrgreen:

Guido's looking great....keep it up, man! "thumbsup"
Thanks Tommy. I will. "thumbsup"
Think this is the first time Ive seen a 1:1 pic and thought it was an RC. The second pic of the Vector Jeep looks like a RC clone with the big Iroks.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs
I thought the same thing when I saw it on Google. :ror:

2x of these are in the mail now. :twisted:

yhst-19614592112113_2228_281066

yhst-19614592112113_2227_9019557

re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

This redo is looking awesome! 8)

The Fj is coming along very slowly but surely. :ror:

Think this is the first time Ive seen a 1:1 pic and thought it was an RC. The second pic of the Vector Jeep looks like a RC clone with the big Iroks.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs

X2! Grizz...that scale spreadsheet...Holy crap. Way to take it to the next level. We can bend our eye a little on these builds, but to see the numbers back it up is really nice. If only we had a magic machine that could size bodies and tires to our liking...we'd be set.

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned...the killer axle width for 2.2s is wk width or around 8.5" I'm eager to get my axles back from Clay to post up.

Last edited:

Love the effort.

I'm a bit "obsessive/anal/attention to detail" I like the spread sheet, something I would do LOL. :D

So much awesome!

I'm getting the itch to build a bigger rig, just need to nail down a plan

Lots of good info in this build. thanks for sharing.

This redo is looking awesome! 8)

The Fj is coming along very slowly but surely. :ror:
Thanks Eric, glad to hear you are coming along on the FJ. "thumbsup"
X2! Grizz...that scale spreadsheet...Holy crap. Way to take it to the next level. We can bend our eye a little on these builds, but to see the numbers back it up is really nice. If only we had a magic machine that could size bodies and tires to our liking...we'd be set.

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned...the killer axle width for 2.2s is wk width or around 8.5" I'm eager to get my axles back from Clay to post up.
Thanks Bulldog. The numbers have always been important to me. "thumbsup"
I agree on the WK width. These axles are about 1 1/4" wider than AX10 axles and about 1/4" wider than WK axles.
Love the effort.

I'm a bit "obsessive/anal/attention to detail" I like the spread sheet, something I would do LOL. :D
Thanks TLT, I love Excel. :ror:
Any chance of you bringing those in before they're installed 8)
Oh yeah! I'll bring them by. "thumbsup"
So much awesome!

I'm getting the itch to build a bigger rig, just need to nail down a plan
I would love to see a new build Andy. "thumbsup"
Lots of good info in this build. thanks for sharing.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed. 8)

So Sunday night the flapper wheel on the grinder got my finger. I've almost got bit several times but it finally got me. I really need to go get a smaller flapper wheel so I can put the guard back on.
IMG_0118.jpg

Got paint on the center console and wired up the switches.
IMG_0119.jpg

It took over an hour to get the side panels of the tunnel installed and bolted to floorboard. Plus I had to remove the dash to get it in, then reinstall the dash. There are 21 M2 button head screws holding the interior together so far. Eight more to hold the dash panels on.....
IMG_0120.jpg

I had a change of plans on the paint colors. I was going to go with a lime green cage but plans changed and I needed a color to go along with black and blue, so I decided copper would be a good color. It's actually Testors "Fiery Orange". I ended up with the last two cans Hobbytown had and they were from different lots so they didn't perfectly match. :x I almost got everything painted with the first can but then had to try and cover everything again with the second. The chassis has some two-tone effects from incomplete coverage but I don't have time to wait for the new cans to come in. It'll have to do for now but still looks quite good. I'm gonna do touchup on a couple areas this week. You can see in the last pic where I had to sand down some problem areas.

IMG_0121.jpg

With the lime green cage I was going to go with polished aluminum panels in the interior and the roof. I didn't like the look of the aluminum with the copper so I decided to paint the panels black for more "pop". Then I threw in a little carbon fiber sticker to add some variation. I'm really liking it so far. "thumbsup"
IMG_0122.jpg

Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg

nice work Grizz"thumbsup"

Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

Mother of God, this is quite the reconstruction of the Giant that was Guido.
Im loving it.

Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

nice work Grizz"thumbsup"
Thanks chevelle. "thumbsup"
Mother of God, this is quite the reconstruction of the Giant that was Guido.
Im loving it.
Thanks Norm. None of the rebuilds have been easy but I think this is the most involved. I just hope I didn't go too far this time. :shock:
Love the shifter switches. Color is really nice also.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Thanks Clay. I'm trying to decide between Lego Brickarms hand grenades or miniature dice for the shifter handles. :ror:
M67_Gallery_2.jpg

41Fel6CMVEL.jpg

Damn, this is a completely new rig now. Can't wait to see the paint and finished rig!

And I like the hand grenades. "thumbsup"

Damn, this is a completely new rig now. Can't wait to see the paint and finished rig!

And I like the hand grenades. "thumbsup"
Thanks Brian. It will be completely new but hopefully still has the "feel" of Guido. You all will have to be the judge. 8)

I'm leaning towards the hand grenades, partly because I bought a bunch of Brickarms for my son and I can just snag a few from him. :ror: But I also really like the look.

Dice would be cheesy. Unless you decide on some shag floor mats and dash cover. Legos huh....my son has a few laying around. Got me thinking now.

Dice would be cheesy. Unless you decide on some shag floor mats and dash cover. Legos huh....my son has a few laying around. Got me thinking now.

and a bigfoot gas pedal? :ror:

I was looking at toys around the house for shifter ideas, came across the Legos, and said "hey, that would work". :ror:

Looking awesome...i didn't think Guido could get any cooler but it is!
Center console and switches look great too.
A mini "8" ball would be a cool shifter as well with your color combo.

Those grinder burns hurt like a mother!

Looking awesome...i didn't think Guido could get any cooler but it is!
Center console and switches look great too.
A mini "8" ball would be a cool shifter as well with your color combo.

Those grinder burns hurt like a mother!
Nice, I was thinking 8 ball on the Art Carr shifter. "thumbsup" I had an 8 ball shifter on the 1:1 Guido for years. The grenades would go on the 2 T-case shifters and the rear steer lever behind the tranny shifter.

My finger really didn't start hurting until today. I feel it now for sure. :ror:

Thanks Mr.Joshua, I hope Guido looks as good as the vision in my head. "thumbsup"

hand grenades for sure. great idea. Thats what i love about our hobby.... incorporating oddball or ordinary items into our builds.

Last edited:
Back