• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

Like these...:ror:
F9A2CB5F-BD22-4316-B431-6572CBD591F8-7574-00000C32BD014506.jpg

Made by our buddy MTHead

Last edited:
Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

Wow...the updated look is just awesome....nice work!"thumbsup"

Thanks guys! Yes, I love the creativity this hobby affords and yes Brian, that's the gas pedal. :ror:

Spent tonight working on electronics so I can get them packed away as soon as possible. I want to be sure the electronics are working and where they need to be.

Sealed up the first RX with black silicone. I use two radios so I have two RX's in Guido, in case you didn't know.
IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Those are 6" servo extensions that I sealed up so I can still plug and unplug components.
IMG_0125.jpg

CCBECs hanging up while the black silicone dries. I seal both ends.
IMG_0126.jpg

Now, I imagine someone will post that you shouldn't use silicone on circuit boards because they have acetic acid and that causes corrosion of the board.
Just let say, I have done my research and experiments. Clear Permatex RTV does contain Acetic acid, but black Permatex does not. I checked the MSDS available on all Permatex products. The black does contain a small percentage of Stearic acid but years ago I decided to try it anyway.

I've been sealing my CCBECs for years like this and I have two ESC's that have been encased in it for over a year now. Both ESCs are completely waterproof and are still running strong. "thumbsup" Now, the black silicone could cause problems in a few more years, only time will tell. But without waterproofing the risk of the parts burning up two weeks from now are pretty darn good, so I'll take my chances. :ror:

Last edited:

You use two radios? At the same time? Tell me its for 4ws - cause i really want a second set of controls like 1:1. I have been debating this as an option but not had the time to play with it.

You use two radios? At the same time? Tell me its for 4ws - cause i really want a second set of controls like 1:1. I have been debating this as an option but not had the time to play with it.
I have a 3ch radio that I use for front steering, throttle, and rear steer. I added on to that a 2ch radio that I use for the winch. I have one channel left open for whatever the next big thing is. :ror:

Getting caught by a flapper wheel does suock but not like a grinding wheel down the middle of a finger

Getting caught by a flapper wheel does suock but not like a grinding wheel down the middle of a finger
Without a doubt. Ouch!

Here you go doublej. This is my radio, just an old school DX3 that works like a charm. The rear steer is controlled by the 3 position switch mod on the handle so I can steer with my left thumb.
IMG_0130.jpg

There is a Radio Shack project box bolted to the back of the radio that contains all the guts from a Losi MRC 2ch radio. I just wired the throttle control to a 3 position switch. It's a little Colorado trick we call The RIB (Radio In a Box). :ror: There are a couple other variations around here.
IMG_0131.jpg

Good on you for checking the silicon for acids!

Could you fit a motor slightly bigger around on the endbell than a regular 540? like inch and a half?

I will have to come check that out at NWSC. I knew I had seen it done on RCC but couldn't find any threads in it.
I drive wrong handed so I'm not sure where I would have to put the RIB. But deff looks like it would work like a champ.

When will we see the body panel's painted?

Good on you for checking the silicon for acids!

Could you fit a motor slightly bigger around on the endbell than a regular 540? like inch and a half?
Thanks John!
I can just barely fit a can diameter of 40mm (1.574"). But that's 1.57" all the way down the can, which keeps me from getting the motor close enough to the tranny to mesh gears. If it was just the endbell, no problem. "thumbsup"
I will have to come check that out at NWSC. I knew I had seen it done on RCC but couldn't find any threads in it.
I drive wrong handed so I'm not sure where I would have to put the RIB. But deff looks like it would work like a champ.
Yup, it can be tough to find the thread. Yer welcome to come take a look at it. 8)

Last edited:

When will we see the body panel's painted?
Most likely right after I get them done. :mrgreen:
I don't know, right now I'm concerned with getting the electronics in and finishing up the axles so that this thing is driveable in 2 weeks.
Painting the body panels is the least important thing on my list right now.

Such a great job on the rebuild ! ! ! "thumbsup" . I can't wait to see it done . Always been a fan of Guido . I still have the R/C mag it was featured in . And the Crawl with your Bronco in it .

Most likely right after I get them done. :mrgreen:
I don't know, right now I'm concerned with getting the electronics in and finishing up the axles so that this thing is driveable in 2 weeks.
Painting the body panels is the least important thing on my list right now.

Isn't it fun fitting 10lbs of shat into 5lb bag ? :ror:

Oh, momma! This is looking even better than I'd imagined! :shock:

I'll have to update my Action Guido computer wallpaper once you get finished!

I'll see if I can whip up some sealed endbells in time. Maybe, just maybe I can make it happen!

Thanks guys! Yes, I love the creativity this hobby affords and yes Brian, that's the gas pedal. :ror:

I'll bring the pedal and glue with me then so you can be as cool as Cartefab and have a Footy gas pedal in Guido. "thumbsup"... :lmao::lmao:

Back