• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
holy wow !

makes me want to start brazing something now that i figured it out "thumbsup"

keep it up man, and they are going to have to create a whole new class for this rig alone.

super, heavy duty, ultra brute, big rig-athalon X2.
:ror: Thanks Crunky. One you finish the Rock Cop you should do a tube buggy. They are challenging but fun.
I love it. All hail the new Guido. Kick there A$$ up in MSN :twisted:
:ror: Thanks Saydee. I certainly hope to but that is a pretty stacked field. We will see how it plays out. "thumbsup"
That's just pure evil right there Griz.

I'm not going to lie to you, that front end shock made me pee a little from fear.

8)
My work is done. Making someone pee themselves is all I needed to hear. :ror:
Thanks Kaetwo. 8)

Can't wait to see him all put together sporting the new colors!!
Thanks muzz. 8) I am excited too, I think hes going to look really good. "thumbsup"

When I put it together and ran him at the scale comp a while back he was about 11 3/4 lbs if I remember correct. Definately somewhere between 11.5 and 12 lbs.

That's a fatty. I weight The Pirate last week with the heavy wheels 10.4 lb

What are you running tungsten in those wheels 8)

Steering wheel is on the way Chris!
Thanks a million Norm. "thumbsup"
That's a fatty. I weight The Pirate last week with the heavy wheels 10.4 lb

What are you running tungsten in those wheels 8)
He is a fatty. :ror: The wheels each weigh 1 lb, the skidplate itself weighs .5 lb, and the cage weighs 2.5 lbs. Guido is a heavyweight in every sence of the word. :ror:

That looks amazing now that it's all one color. Love the new paint colors. That's the hardest part sometimes..

Its not too bad with weight, I think we are both up there with Tims rig. I got mine a couple of weeks ago at 11lbs. 5.5 oz.

I like that new colour. Powdercoated?

Seeing the unbuilt frame just shows how much work has gone into Guido.

That looks amazing now that it's all one color. Love the new paint colors. That's the hardest part sometimes..
Thank Andy, it is tough. Originally it was going to be purple again but I don't like how bad the paint looks after 5 minutes on the rocks so I decided to go with silver to hide the paint chips. After the silver went on I just didn't like the look so I decided on the charcoal.
Its not too bad with weight, I think we are both up there with Tims rig. I got mine a couple of weeks ago at 11lbs. 5.5 oz.
Glad to see you are part of the fatty club too Norm. :ror:
I like that new colour. Powdercoated?

Seeing the unbuilt frame just shows how much work has gone into Guido.
I wish I had time to powdercoat, it's just rattle can right now. Once it starts to look too beat up maybe I can strip it down and talk Juan (CHUD) into powdercoating it for me. :)

Thanks guys. 8)

:twisted: We want Body shot's :twisted:​

:ror::ror::ror:

Splendid work Chris!!!! I'm diggin the tube work up front around the headlights....uhm...achually ALL the tube work is super splendid. Yeeee Haw!!!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup" Dam you.....ya make me jealous!!!

Well, what's the freaking hold up? :roll: :ror::ror:
:ror::ror:
Splendid work Chris!!!! I'm diggin the tube work up front around the headlights....uhm...achually ALL the tube work is super splendid. Yeeee Haw!!!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup" Dam you.....ya make me jealous!!!
Thanks Troy. 8) Wait till you see it with the wheels, we make a great team cuz your work is amazing as well. "thumbsup"
Looks awesome Chris! Wish I could work on mine.....I have to get H3RESQ's rig done by Sunday, then it's time for mine. Can't wait to see the new body and paint!
Just throw it in a box and ship it to him. Jason is smart enough to figure out the rest. :ror::mrgreen:
I'm anxious to see yours come together. "thumbsup"

So I took the day off work yesterday. I got ll the suspension and steering links built and fit. The track bar proved to be the toughest. I think you have to see this thing to appreciate how tight the steering and suspension is at full compression. There is no room for error.
I wanted to represent Axial since they stepped up to sponsor the Scale Nats so I went with the green steering links. Plus they match and give the chassis some contrast.

I also rebuilt the leaky Hot Bodies Savage shocks. I used a rebuild kit for Traxxas shocks and added an extra shim to hopefully stop the leaks. I added Traxxas Nitride coated shock shafts which have RPM dual stage pistons. These dual stage pistons really do work and work well. "thumbsup" I filled them with 40 wt oil and stole some blue shock caps off some other HB shocks to give them the King shock look. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• 331_3122 (Custom).JPG
    331_3122 (Custom).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,817
  • 331_3121 (Custom).JPG
    331_3121 (Custom).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 2,770
  • 331_3118 (Custom).JPG
    331_3118 (Custom).JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 331_3116 (Custom).JPG
    331_3116 (Custom).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 5,343
  • 331_3115 (Custom).JPG
    331_3115 (Custom).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,150
  • 331_3114 (Custom).JPG
    331_3114 (Custom).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,589
  • 331_3112 (Custom).JPG
    331_3112 (Custom).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,831
  • 331_3111 (Custom).JPG
    331_3111 (Custom).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 331_3128 (Custom).JPG
    331_3128 (Custom).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 7,523
  • 331_3127 (Custom).JPG
    331_3127 (Custom).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 331_3126 (Custom).JPG
    331_3126 (Custom).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,316
Nice looking motor 8)

Are you planing on putting the holes in that rear plate.

IMG_1268.jpg

I started work on the new bellypan as well. This new pan will gain me 3/16" of clearance without raising the transmission any higher than before. I like the looks of the shorter belly much better too. I think it is more proportional.

I also got the tires mounted. "thumbsup" One of only a handful of custom Createacrawler Aluminum EZ-Locs. Definiately beautiful. "thumbsup":twisted:

I have to figure out a couple things to fit the tranny in there. I am getting some interference with the upper link mounts. It's friggin tight.

No body shots yet, I have not started painting yet. :ror:

Thanks for looking guys. 8)

Attachments

• 331_3123 (Custom).JPG
    331_3123 (Custom).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,493
  • 331_3124 (Custom).JPG
    331_3124 (Custom).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,438
  • 331_3129 (Custom).JPG
    331_3129 (Custom).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,466