• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
So is this even Guido any more, or do you figure it needs a new name.....nah!

Looks great. This thing is going to be sick once it's finished.
It's still Guido I think. Just another evolution. :ror: I figure since I am still modifying the original chassis, and not building a new one, it can still have the same name.

Thanks ecoli. 8)
Guidos looking great Chris! Glad you're back on track with everything.....my heart sank when you said that you might not make it to Montana. Can't wait to see you progress. Our last scale comp before Nats was yesterday, so the EB is torn down one last time, and final assembly will be coming.....three weeks to go?
Thanks Tim. 8)
My wife cried when we thought we couldn't go and I put Guido in the box. It was tough to think I couldn't make it but thankfully we are.

Three weeks.......I've still got so many ideas....... :ror:
I can't wait to see your Bronc come together.

I'll meet you half way and go with tranny :flipoff:

It really does look great though!!! All business ;-)

8)

Definitely meaner looking then the Guido of past but still Guido all the same. :twisted:

Updates are looking killer Griz!! 8)

The really cool part is that it IS still Guido! It's like the evolution of a 1:1 through the "stages" of a homebuilt hardcore rig! "thumbsup"

Definitely meaner looking then the Guido of past but still Guido all the same. :twisted:

Updates are looking killer Griz!! 8)
Thanks bmuzz. "thumbsup"
The really cool part is that it IS still Guido! It's like the evolution of a 1:1 through the "stages" of a homebuilt hardcore rig! "thumbsup"
Exactly. Just like the evolution of many 1:1 rigs in people's garage. 8)
Just dont rename it RuPaul:ror:
Please don't give Kaetwo any ideas. :ror::ror:

You know I was just browsing through your Pepe build, and I realized one of my favorite parts of 08 was the smack talk ( and the motivation of both of us having our rigs in shambles right before the comp )

SOOOO...

I can't wait to beat this thing up with the hack-a-lac :ror:

Pffft. the building it isnt the hardest part of the build as you both know. The damn electronics mounting and cleaning up the wires is the pinch that will drive you nuts. I think I am about to become and electrician after these last 2 trucks I have built. its a pain in the ass when you have a truck that doesnt have any more room left except mounting batteries and such under seats and in drivers laps,lol

You know I was just browsing through your Pepe build, and I realized one of my favorite parts of 08 was the smack talk ( and the motivation of both of us having our rigs in shambles right before the comp )

SOOOO...

I can't wait to beat this thing up with the hack-a-lac :ror:
The only way the Hack-a-Lung is going to beat Guido is if you throw the twisted remains of it at me and break my controller. You need more triangulation. :flipoff::ror:

Pffft. the building it isnt the hardest part of the build as you both know. The damn electronics mounting and cleaning up the wires is the pinch that will drive you nuts. I think I am about to become and electrician after these last 2 trucks I have built. its a pain in the ass when you have a truck that doesnt have any more room left except mounting batteries and such under seats and in drivers laps,lol
You are correct, that is an art form in itself Norm. Planning where stuff will be so that you minimize wire routing is tough, then actually stuffing it all in under the floorboards is another story. :ror:

personally once I figure out steering...

although I do have to mod a servo to a winch, that is a new one for me..

The only way the Hack-a-Lung is going to beat Guido is if you throw the twisted remains of it at me and break my controller. You need more triangulation. :flipoff::ror:

I have some work yet.. no twisted remains from this guy.

But throwing it at you and breaking your controller could be a good tactic. I'm sure i could bribe one of the utards to distract you for a bit:ror:

personally once I figure out steering...

although I do have to mod a servo to a winch, that is a new one for me..

I have some work yet.. no twisted remains from this guy.

But throwing it at you and breaking your controller could be a good tactic. I'm sure i could bribe one of the utards to distract you for a bit:ror:
The Utards are always distracting with their silly walking and dancing around. :ror:
So would us Montana peeps be Montards?:lmao:
Pinch just calls you guys Waterheads. I think that's pretty mean but those Utards are ruthless. :ror:

I am loving the new mean look of the Guido. :twisted:
The front end is sick and the light bar is nice touch. I am interested to see how you finish it up"thumbsup"
Thanks, I really love the look too. 8)

I got the headlight mounts done last night. I've just got a few more small things to weld on the chassis so I hope to shoot paint on it this weekend.

The steering box on that thing is outstanding!!!! How did it fair in the last Nat? I was thinking of making a similar set up for a rig that weighs around 13 lbs, do you think it will hold up well under the weight? Thanks for any help you may give...

Back