• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
good to know Chris, Like i said if you need anything. Just ask and if I can help I will.

Thanks guys. :) Yup, the fam will be coming along again. We could all use a little time away. Thank goodness for family that looks after you.

Back to work tomorrow on the motor mounts, body mounts, light bar, etc, etc.....:ror:

Give em hell Grizz!"thumbsup"

good to know Chris, Like i said if you need anything. Just ask and if I can help I will.

fawk yeah! "thumbsup"

i really hope everything works out. "thumbsup"

yeah boi!!!!

Thanks alot guys. "thumbsup"8)

Got some good work done this weekend. Radiator mounts are done, motor mounts are done, body panel mounting tabs are done, fuel cell mounts are done. vent window bars are in.
The light bar is mounted, I just need to make the support bars, clean it up, and find my other lights. In my haste to clean things up I put my first light bar and 3 of my lights somewhere and I can't find them. :x I decided the light bar looked better out of 1/8" rod anyway.

Attachments

• 330_3061 (Custom).JPG
    330_3061 (Custom).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,250
  • 330_3071 (Custom).JPG
    330_3071 (Custom).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 330_3070 (Custom).JPG
    330_3070 (Custom).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,801
  • 330_3067 (Custom).JPG
    330_3067 (Custom).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 330_3066 (Custom).JPG
    330_3066 (Custom).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 330_3065 (Custom).JPG
    330_3065 (Custom).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,234
  • 330_3064 (Custom).JPG
    330_3064 (Custom).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,268
  • 330_3063 (Custom).JPG
    330_3063 (Custom).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,261
  • 330_3062 (Custom).JPG
    330_3062 (Custom).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,248
Last edited:
Looking good Chris "thumbsup"

A light bar is one of the things I have been fighting with this past couple days, yours looks really good, making me want to revisit the thought again.

Looking good Chris "thumbsup"

A light bar is one of the things I have been fighting with this past couple days, yours looks really good, making me want to revisit the thought again.
Thanks Andy.
I've been fighting mine for a while. I decided to mount the lights upside down so that the light tabs are out of the way and I could keep the bar as close to the windshield as possible. I like it better that way. I still need to make the support bars for between the lights. I think I'll do curved bars instead of the traditional straight bars. :)

The way you have the light bar hinged, you could put a tiny camber link in there for on the fly adjustment. "thumbsup"

Oh, and that front bumper just looks sinister!

The way you have the light bar hinged, you could put a tiny camber link in there for on the fly adjustment. "thumbsup"
Yuppers. I'm working on what will look good and allow that easy adjustment.

Oh, and that front bumper just looks sinister!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. :twisted:"thumbsup"

Whoo boy. Now your jamming. What Do ya think it weighed before the teardown?
Before the teardown Guido weighed 12 lbs. When he's done I expect the weight to be about the same but it should be distributed lower and more balanced front to rear. For example, the LiPo batteries will save 3oz of weight off the chassis but I've added that much or more to the axles because of the trusses.

I couldn't resist a quick mockup picture. I really like how it's turning out.
Pictures like this keep me motivated.

The ride height will be much lower when it's done of course.

Attachments

• 20100503_ 013 (Custom).jpg
    20100503_ 013 (Custom).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,192
Last edited:
So is this even Guido any more, or do you figure it needs a new name.....nah!

Looks great. This thing is going to be sick once it's finished.

Guidos looking great Chris! Glad you're back on track with everything.....my heart sank when you said that you might not make it to Montana. Can't wait to see you progress. Our last scale comp before Nats was yesterday, so the EB is torn down one last time, and final assembly will be coming.....three weeks to go?

Back