• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Wow, that front end is nice! Is the front welded together?

This rig really makes me want to build another tuber one day, just such awesome work!

Almost forgot to show you the Powertank. Norm was kind enough (a bit of persuation from Juan helped too :ror:) to include me in his last run of tanks. While they are absolutely amazing in their scalism the tank was just too tall. I took a hacksaw and cut mine down. The bottom cap wouldn't fit on because it is slightly smaller diameter than the tank so I put the cap in front of my heat lamp until it was nice and hot. Then I slid it on as the plastic was soft enough to expand an fit over the tank.

I like the size better and it will be easier to fit now. Thanks for a great product Norm. "thumbsup"

My god man. all you had to do was ask. Tim is having the same issue and i just sent him 2 tanks to cut down and they will be off to juan. maybe tim wont need the other one.

I see you got the parma engine in there. You need to stop now. I cant compete with you and Tim anymore ever. and Zack just keeps building and building. Your all not fair.:flipoff:

Wow, that front end is nice! Is the front welded together?

This rig really makes me want to build another tuber one day, just such awesome work!
Thanks John. Once I finish the body panel mounts I'll get some pics up. I think it's got a neat look to it. Yup, it's all welded together, should be nice and stout. You should build another tuber, I'd love to see what you come up with.
Thanks again John. 8)

My god man. all you had to do was ask. Tim is having the same issue and i just sent him 2 tanks to cut down and they will be off to juan. maybe tim wont need the other one.
No worries Norm, it was an easy mod. Juan and I talked about it the day it showed up, I just had to build up the courage to cut such beautiful work apart. All it needs now is some touch up paint on the bottom cap. :)

I see you got the parma engine in there. You need to stop now. I cant compete with you and Tim anymore ever. and Zack just keeps building and building. Your all not fair.:flipoff:
No worries for you Norm. That buggy of yours is sick and the work you are doing on it is top notch. "thumbsup" It is I that am worried, I just hope I can get all my ideas to work in time. :ror:

I just reread this thread for the third or fourth time since it was started and I am still blown away. Great work, he gets better and better with each rebuild.
I have a question though about a past set up you had on him. I remember reading that you were at one point running a pair of 1500 2/3A backs with a 10t puller. I was just wondering what kind of run times you were getting in this configuration? And other than them not being lipos, were you happy with that setup? I ask because I am building a truggy that is going to be rather heavy and I am planning on running a pair of 2/3a packs and either a 7t or 10t puller through a 2sp emaxx tranny. I also plan on using your 7.2 to 14.2 switch mod as well (thanks for the write up on that btw).
Thanks again for sharing the awesome rig and tips along the way.

I just reread this thread for the third or fourth time since it was started and I am still blown away. Great work, he gets better and better with each rebuild.
I have a question though about a past set up you had on him. I remember reading that you were at one point running a pair of 1500 2/3A backs with a 10t puller. I was just wondering what kind of run times you were getting in this configuration? And other than them not being lipos, were you happy with that setup? I ask because I am building a truggy that is going to be rather heavy and I am planning on running a pair of 2/3a packs and either a 7t or 10t puller through a 2sp emaxx tranny. I also plan on using your 7.2 to 14.2 switch mod as well (thanks for the write up on that btw).
Thanks again for sharing the awesome rig and tips along the way.
Thanks Prime, I appreciate it. 8)

The 2/3A batteries have been in there up until this latest rebuild. They work great in parallel because they share the load of the puller motor and the run times have been really good. I've never timed it but it would be close to 1 hour. My finals run at Scale Nats 2008 was about 32 minutes long and there was plenty of juice left after that.

The problem with the 2/3A batteries shows up when run in series (14.4V). The 2/3A cells have a lot of internal resistance and just can't handle sustained loads from a motor like a 10T puller so you get a real quick burst of power but holding it at full throttle the speed will flatten out real quick.

I would say I was very happy with the 2/3A packs when they were run in parallel because they provided great runtime and the size of them made it easy to hide them under the floorboards. For crawling they worked great.

For something that you want to go fast with I wouldn't recommend them. I had a pair of the same batteries in my 1.9 scaler (Pepe) with a 7T puller and I actually baked them from running that 7T on 14.4V for long periods of time. It was a boatload of fun but just too much amp draw for the 2/3A's. They survived behind the 10T because Guido was geared pretty low (12 tooth pinion on the R2) and the 10T doesn't draw as many amps.

Thanks for the feedback. You have answered my questions and helped me make up my mind.
I think I will just run them in parallel and call it good. I will have 2nd gear if I feel the need for speed. :D Hopefully they can hold up to the 7t in wired in to parallel with out any problems. I am not so much as looking for massive speed, I just want wheel speed and torque on tap when I need it and an occasional 2nd gear blast from trail to trail.;)
Thanks again.

Chris told me he cut it in half and junked it, starting from scratch. :shock:

Na ahhh. Man that's sucks if this is true because of guido being such an icon. But to name its predecessor guidette? Well let's hope she has the attitude of a bad beeotch in heat.

Well let's hope she has the attitude of a bad beeotch in heat.

snookie-punched-in-the-face.jpg

:lmao::lmao:

Back