• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I thought about boxing them and adding speed holes. The only thing is that they are waaaay overbuilt for what a shock mount needs to be already, even in 1:1. If they were coilover mounts then they would need to be boxed for sure.
Thanks for the input R2j, I appreciate it. I will continue to look at them and I may decide to modify them. "thumbsup"

I agree with you there, but was thinking for the pure wow factor. You have to agree that even when you look at the 1:1, you think wow! before wow those are over built. Plus that wow factor is a detail that sticks in people head. Not to say that the whole rig doesn't do that now, but just one more thing to ooh and ahh over."thumbsup"

I agree with you there, but was thinking for the pure wow factor. You have to agree that even when you look at the 1:1, you think wow! before wow those are over built. Plus that wow factor is a detail that sticks in people head. Not to say that the whole rig doesn't do that now, but just one more thing to ooh and ahh over."thumbsup"
Agreed, the wow factor would be much better if I build them more like the load bearing trophy truck mounts or War Pig's mounts. It's not out of the question, just gotta give it some thought. 8)

Agreed, the wow factor would be much better if I build them more like the load bearing trophy truck mounts or War Pig's mounts. It's not out of the question, just gotta give it some thought. 8)

Sweet! I know it's more work, but might be worth it. I look forward to seeing what you decide.

I'm getting ready to start my 2.2 build and been getting quite a bit of inspiration from Guido!:twisted: It won't be a Bronco, but it will be cool!:mrgreen:

Sweet! I know it's more work, but might be worth it. I look forward to seeing what you decide.

I'm getting ready to start my 2.2 build and been getting quite a bit of inspiration from Guido!:twisted: It won't be a Bronco, but it will be cool!:mrgreen:
I can't wiat to see what you've got planned. It'll be sweet for sure. "thumbsup"

A little something I've been playing with:

Attachments

• speed holes 01 (Custom).JPG
    speed holes 01 (Custom).JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,474
Guido rebuild looks awesome Chris "thumbsup"
Strange enough, I just finished rereading the "project Guido" in the RC Crawler yesterday, looks like Jason's gonna need to do a Guido project update in the next issue.
I wish I could make it out to scale nats to see Guido kick some ass!!

I can't wiat to see what you've got planned. It'll be sweet for sure. "thumbsup"

A little something I've been playing with:

I think that would look good, and with some in the boxed section as well, it woundn't look over built."thumbsup"

The rear mounts look great Chris!!! I vote no box, but yes on the holes. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will turn out fantastic!!

Can't wait to see this thing in person some day.

I dont think you should do green and purple.

Don't ask me why, just don't do it.
Why not? :flipoff:
I agree. Red, black and gold sound better. "thumbsup"
Dos Equis beer?
Awesome looking so far! Cant wait to see it go in Montana.
Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. I can't wait to see your rigs as well.
Guido rebuild looks awesome Chris "thumbsup"
Strange enough, I just finished rereading the "project Guido" in the RC Crawler yesterday, looks like Jason's gonna need to do a Guido project update in the next issue.
I wish I could make it out to scale nats to see Guido kick some ass!!
THanks Troy. 8) It would be cool if you could make it out sometime. "thumbsup"
I think that would look good, and with some in the boxed section as well, it woundn't look over built."thumbsup"
Still thinking about it R2j, but like we discussed today, I'm thinking no box. 8)
Green and purple look good!!
Yeah baby! "thumbsup"
The rear mounts look great Chris!!! I vote no box, but yes on the holes. I'm sure whatever you decide, it will turn out fantastic!!

Can't wait to see this thing in person some day.
Thanks Juan. I drilled the holes Friday and I like them. 8)

Got some work done Friday.
I made the winch plate. I mounted it further forward than originally intended because I thought the steering box was going to hit it. After getting the servo hooked up it looks like I could move it back again.

I started on the "grill". THere isn't really going to be a grill, just the winch, a radiator behind it and maybe some driving lights soewhere. This aint no street legal rig so headlights are not really needed.

After taking the first picture I thought the winch bracket looked out of whack so before securing the winch bracket to the frame rails I set the chassis on my "frame table", a 1" thick piece of stailess steel, to make sure the wich plate sat level.

Then it was on to the rear bumper.

Attachments

• 329_2965 (Custom).JPG
    329_2965 (Custom).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 329_2964 (Custom).JPG
    329_2964 (Custom).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 329_2963 (Custom).JPG
    329_2963 (Custom).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 329_2962 (Custom).JPG
    329_2962 (Custom).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 329_2960 (Custom).JPG
    329_2960 (Custom).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,216
  • 329_2959 (Custom).JPG
    329_2959 (Custom).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 329_2955 (Custom).JPG
    329_2955 (Custom).JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 329_2954 (Custom).JPG
    329_2954 (Custom).JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 329_2952 (Custom).JPG
    329_2952 (Custom).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 329_2951 (Custom).JPG
    329_2951 (Custom).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 329_2977 (Custom).JPG
    329_2977 (Custom).JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • 329_2969 (Custom).JPG
    329_2969 (Custom).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 329_2968 (Custom).JPG
    329_2968 (Custom).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 329_2967 (Custom).JPG
    329_2967 (Custom).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 329_2966 (Custom).JPG
    329_2966 (Custom).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,219
So at 8:00pm Saturday night all I had was a bare chassis that I had finished up some welds on and the first scale comp was Sunday morning. I thought it would be best to get Guido to the comp for some suspension testing so I started assembling.........................at 5:00am Guido was a runner and ready for the comp.

The new suspension was absolutely amazing! The body roll was completely gone. Now when I mash the throttle the left front tire lifts a bit and Guido takes off perfect. There was no tire lifting or torque twist on the steep climbs anymore.

On the 3rd course of the day the front driveshaft fell off at the tranny end right before the final gate. The touch gate was at the top of a steep flat rock face and I was able to hit the rock face at full throttle in 2wd and Guido would shoot straight up it roasting the rear tires. Unfortunately it cost me a 2nd place run because I kept coming up about 5" short of the touch gate and had to winch up. Overall the comp went ok and Guido finished in 4th place for the day but the testing was a huge success.

Guido is an all new machine guys and is working good so bring your A game. We are ready for world domination.....:twisted: :ror:
DJ and Dean are quite happy with the changes as you can see. :ror:

Attachments

• 329_2988 (Custom).JPG
    329_2988 (Custom).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 329_2989 (Custom).JPG
    329_2989 (Custom).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 329_2991 (Custom).JPG
    329_2991 (Custom).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,227
  • 329_2993 (Custom).JPG
    329_2993 (Custom).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,232
Last edited:
This thing is looking pretty sweet, nice steering setup!"thumbsup"
Thanks Justin. 8)
That thing looks tough Chris! Nice work.
Thanks Tim. The front end still needs finishing but I'm having "writers block" right now. I need to stare at it some more to come up with a design to finish it off. 8)
Crazieness, sir Craziness
Thanks Norm, your new buggy has given me inspiration to come up with a wicked looking front end. "thumbsup"

Back