• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
The steering box on that thing is outstanding!!!! How did it fair in the last Nat? I was thinking of making a similar set up for a rig that weighs around 13 lbs, do you think it will hold up well under the weight? Thanks for any help you may give...
Thanks man. 8) The last steering box design worked fantastic. Even when the front driveshaft was broken and I was in 2wd on the finals course, I was able to steer perfectly.
I was afraid with the new design that there might be some slop because the link from the servo does not connect to the same point as the drag link. But the test run at the last Scale comp went really well and the steering worked great.

You could likely get away with a 16 gage steel (.060") pitman arm, I believe that's what War Pig's is made from. But I went with 1/8" steel for the extra measure of strength for a heavy rig and the thicker material has a more scale appearence imo.

You can watch the steering work in this video from 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_448HAyL-uQ

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of chit chat around here... where is all the kick a$$ pics Chrizzly bear?:flipoff:

Rigs looking better every day Grizz, good luck in Montana and bring home the hardware!! (sorry Warpig, gotta back my Co. Bro):mrgreen:

Last edited:
Thanks alot guys for the good words. "thumbsup" Thanks for your supprt Robb. 8)

I am trying to get the chassis prepped for paint this weekend. I'll have some updates when I do but otherwise not much to show.

Thanks for all the support in the TTC voting guys. I am honored and proud that Guido is your #1 choice right now and I am going to make sure he is 100% ready for the beating in Top Truck; even if that means skipping some concourse details I was hoping to finish. I was hoping to make a new dash but instead I'm going to focus on getting the rear winch on. Doing well at TTC is now the priority.

Thanks alot guys for the good words. "thumbsup" Thanks for your supprt Robb. 8)

I am trying to get the chassis prepped for paint this weekend. I'll have some updates when I do but otherwise not much to show.

Thanks for all the support in the TTC voting guys. I am honored and proud that Guido is your #1 choice right now and I am going to make sure he is 100% ready for the beating in Top Truck; even if that means skipping some concourse details I was hoping to finish. I was hoping to make a new dash but instead I'm going to focus on getting the rear winch on. Doing well at TTC is now the priority.

you know a real man would get both done... :ror:

Grizz

what ever happen with this fuel cell? Show us the goodie's man. I voted for you. :mrgreen:

you know a real man would get both done... :ror:
Yeah, yeah........ :ror:
Grizz

what ever happen with this fuel cell? Show us the goodie's man. I voted for you. :mrgreen:
My sheetmetal fuel cell got canned (pun intended). I just couldn't get it to look as nice as I wanted it to. The fuel cell will be a Radio Shack project box. If I have time I will add a filler hose for a better look. Lame I know, but time is the enemy now.

Chassis, links, springs, and axles are all painted now. Roller pics will be coming soon.....

Yeah, yeah........ :ror:

My sheetmetal fuel cell got canned (pun intended). I just couldn't get it to look as nice as I wanted it to. The fuel cell will be a Radio Shack project box. If I have time I will add a filler hose for a better look. Lame I know, but time is the enemy now.

Chassis, links, springs, and axles are all painted now. Roller pics will be coming soon.....

Guido is never lame. You Rock "thumbsup"

Assembly has finally begun!

I had alot of trouble deciding on a color for the chassis but I finally decided on metallic charcoal. I think it will look nice with the new body color.

The front axle has Axial high speed gear, steel locker, Rocksmith Gear Jelly, Axial aluminum C's, Vanquish Hi-steer Knuckles, and stock dogbones.

The rear axle has stock gears, steel locker, Axial straight axles, Axail aluminum lockouts, and Rocksmith Gear Jelly.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 20100513_ 010 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 010 (Custom).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 20100513_ 015 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 015 (Custom).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 20100513_ 014 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 014 (Custom).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,109
  • 20100513_ 005 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 005 (Custom).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 20100513_ 009 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 009 (Custom).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 20100513_ 006 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 006 (Custom).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • 20100513_ 007 (Custom).jpg
    20100513_ 007 (Custom).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,127
Looks awesome Griz! And I take it theres gonna be some green in the new paint scheme?

holy wow !

makes me want to start brazing something now that i figured it out "thumbsup"

keep it up man, and they are going to have to create a whole new class for this rig alone.

super, heavy duty, ultra brute, big rig-athalon X2.

That's just pure evil right there Griz.

I'm not going to lie to you, that front end shock made me pee a little from fear.

8)

Back