• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
No high steer knuckles?​

IMG_1091.jpg

all I have right now is an idea and a pile of parts...

I think I'm already out of the running for this year :shock:

:lol: Too much of my life invested in him to let him go.
I'm looking forward to what you are going to build. Will it be for your guys' Top Truck Challenge?
I hear you. Yes TTC!!!!! The wreckluse just doesn't seem to perform that well. Don't really know what I'll do yet, but if I hope to get it up to guido's level some day.

:ror:

when the front axle slams into logs at high speeds.
Yeah, that'll get ya.:mrgreen:

Moar! Must have moar Guido updates! "thumbsup" That truss looks sweet Chris! 8)

Every year it's great to see all the scale activity generated by the
MSD Scale Nationals what a great event. It's also interesting see North America's favorite scale
truck "Guido" get freshed for another competition.
That's a big compliment for me to live up to Norm. :oops: Hopefully I can prove worthy of it.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. 8)

One of the main things I wanted to change on Guido is to improve the approach angle. The winch
and front bumper are so far in front of the tires that I get hung up on stuff alot. Much of this
weekend was spent sitting on the floor trying to figure out how to move the front axle forward,
how to move the winch back, and what modifications would be necessary to do that.

I came up with a plan so now to execute it.
Making the tiny little track bar, shock mount/upper link mount brackets was pretty time consuming but here they are. The outer mount has a "wing" on it because I may run double shocks so I left some material there.

My son spent most of the day on Sunday with me in the garage so my progress was slowed, but I showed him about grinding, welding and cutting. We had a lot of fun together and he is not so scared of the tools in the shop. He asked me if the sparks from the dremel hurt and I said "No. Put your hand there and feel them." He did and was laughing because it tickled. Good times. :ror: "thumbsup"

The front axle stretch will result in a 13.25" wheelbase which scales perfect to 112.5" for the 47" tires.
My friend Marlon runs 46's with a 112" wb and I think it is a good setup.

Attachments

• 20100301_ 006 (Small).jpg
    20100301_ 006 (Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,407
  • 20100301_ 007 (Small).jpg
    20100301_ 007 (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,407
  • 20100301_ 008 (Small).jpg
    20100301_ 008 (Small).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 20100301_ 009 (Small).jpg
    20100301_ 009 (Small).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 20100301_ 010 (Small).jpg
    20100301_ 010 (Small).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,474
Last edited:
Really liking the new wheel base!

Sounds like great times in the garage this weekend with your son!

Really liking the new wheel base!

Sounds like great times in the garage this weekend with your son!

Even half naked this thing is dead sexy ...... "thumbsup"

Thanks Rogue and Robbob. 8) The way I built it with the rear axle moved back and the front axle centered in the fender seemed off to me. It didn't seem balanced.
I like the look much better now and the performance will be much better. I wish we could have dig or 4ws though as turning will suffer a bit now.

That looks way better already Chris, my Bronco is 13 1/4" wheelbase too "thumbsup". Way to copy me....oh wait, I guess I copied you to begin with, so never mind.

BTW, you need to learn to silver solder. Do you have alot of birds in your neighborhood :mrgreen:?

Oh snap...

Love the new stance, that looks spot on, Guido always looked like it needed to stretch "thumbsup"

Back