• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Thanks Colby, I'm honored that you enjoy Guido that much. 8)

Oh yah, Guido, Betty, ralph, Turtles Mcguyver, turtles rock racer, and a few euro builds from scale4x4. Gives me motivation to try to build my junk the best I can. If only my skill could catch up :lol:8)

wow after searching on how to make my 1.9 stompers a bit more useful on the trail i came to this. i have scanned over it a few times, but never read all 20 pages till now...

my cat's pissed cause i just shit in his litter box.

this thing is that good "thumbsup"

great job dude.

Just checking in, gonna do my steering kinda like this. Glad I found the pics. Chris this rig is freakin sweet dude. It keeps getting better and better."thumbsup" Viva Guido!

Just read all 20 pages, this truck is a work of art. I'm not usually a fan of 2.2's, but on this rig they are the right choice, very well done Griz "thumbsup"

Thanks for all the good words guys! 8)8)8)

Guido has been stripped down and will be undergoing some major rework in preparation for Scale Nationals 2010. I want to go up against War Pig with both barrels blazing. :mrgreen:

I am neck deep in reworking the 1:1 Guido right now but once that is done I will be getting back to Lil' Guido. Keep an eye out. :)

Griz, have you tested that battery setup on a esc with a auto lipo cutoff?

I'd imagine it would go bonkers every time you switched back and forth?

Griz, have you tested that battery setup on a esc with a auto lipo cutoff?

I'd imagine it would go bonkers every time you switched back and forth?
I've not tried it on the auto-lipo setting.
I have always run NiMH in Guido, but will be switching to 2 PolyRC 25C 2200s from Holmes Hobbies during the rebuild. If you flip the switch slowly and pause for just a second in the middle position, the ESC turns off and will re-arm when you switch settings. That would give the auto-LiPo a chance to reset.
Cant wait to see it. Guido and War Pig are my 2 favorite builds."thumbsup"
Thanks Jeff. Glad you still enjoy Guido. 8)

Grizz, just re-re-re-reread the entire build from post #1. Whew. I do this every 3-4 months, keeps me inspired when life gets me down. Anyway, just got my refund. $2500 sound good? PM me.

Grizz, just re-re-re-reread the entire build from post #1. Whew. I do this every 3-4 months, keeps me inspired when life gets me down. Anyway, just got my refund. $2500 sound good? PM me.
Hahaha :lol: $2500 is a nice offer Sheldon but there is just no way I could sell Guido. 8)

So for many months now I have been struggling with either reworking Guido for Scale Nats 2010 or building a whole new rig. If Guido goes it will be his third year and I was worried that people might be tired of him and would rather vote for something fresh for the Concourse award.

I was talking with War Pig on the phone the other day and he said that he wants his Bronco truggy to go head to head with Guido this year. It makes sense to me, the 2007 and 2008 Concourse champ, and the 2009 Concourse champ have never competed against each other so it's only right to bring Guido again.

I am going to change Guido enough to give him a fresh look and hopefully get a bit more performance, however I don't want to change the essence of what he is. The coil sping suspension is oneof the most important elements to keep and that has kept me up at night trying to figure out how to put Axial axles in there and keep the coil springs.

I have finally figured it out, so let the 2010 rebuild begin. In steel we trussed! "thumbsup"

Hahaha, I knew it. I wouldn't sell him either.

Looking forward to see what you come up with. I'll might be doing a EB too. Waiting for JIA's csc1 to get here & start with that.
:lol: Too much of my life invested in him to let him go.
I'm looking forward to what you are going to build. Will it be for your guys' Top Truck Challenge?

Grizz that Avatar is killing me.
:ror:

So after much head scratching I finally came up with a way to mount the coil springs on the front axle that should end up looking scale. The truss will incorporate the front track bar mount.
I think I will end up ditching the radius arm front suspension for a parallel 4 link with a track bar. I like this better than a 3-link because it supports the axle better when the front axle slams into logs at high speeds.

Attachments

• Truss_ 003 (Small).jpg
    Truss_ 003 (Small).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Truss_ 006 (Small).jpg
    Truss_ 006 (Small).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,297
  • Truss_ 007 (Small).jpg
    Truss_ 007 (Small).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • Truss_ 009 (Small).jpg
    Truss_ 009 (Small).jpg