• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Maybe if DJ on roids had'nt been drinking that malt adult beverage you would'nt have done better?

Nothing worse than a roided out blaxican intoxicated by Colt 45 at 10 in the am...

I bet he was on his way to a BBQ at his cousins house in Chicago, right?
Yeah, he kept mumbling something about BBQ ribs between slamming beers. He was pretty hung over on Saturday morning, he didn't think he made it into the top 3.
:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe if DJ on roids had'nt been drinking that malt adult beverage you would'nt have done better?

Nothing worse than a roided out blaxican intoxicated by Colt 45 at 10 in the am...

I bet he was on his way to a BBQ at his cousins house in Chicago, right?

I think I laughed so hard I pooped.....yep.....I pooped......

Chris. Like everyone's said before. One heck of a rig but you're one heck of a guy."thumbsup" A good example to live by.

I also saw the pic towards the end of your final run. Did anyone ever mention you crossed the bridge with only 2WD?! You can kinda see it in one of the pics a few posts back.

would hate to see the wiring diagram for that...

mostly because i'm sure it is crazy..... and well the other part is it is to cool of an idea not to try....

One of those, "why didnt I think of that" things... the one in the truggy where you switched it with the third channel had me going for hours...

I think I laughed so hard I pooped.....yep.....I pooped......

Chris. Like everyone's said before. One heck of a rig but you're one heck of a guy."thumbsup" A good example to live by.

I also saw the pic towards the end of your final run. Did anyone ever mention you crossed the bridge with only 2WD?! You can kinda see it in one of the pics a few posts back.
Thanks Troy, you are a great guy yourself, I really enjoyed talking to you. Your son is a very polite and nice guy too, he came up and said hi to me on Saturday while he was catching moths. One to be proud of. "thumbsup"

Yes, we did finish the finals course in 2wd. :lol::lol:"thumbsup"
would hate to see the wiring diagram for that...

mostly because i'm sure it is crazy..... and well the other part is it is to cool of an idea not to try....

One of those, "why didnt I think of that" things... the one in the truggy where you switched it with the third channel had me going for hours...
The wiring is pretty simple really, I'll post it up. It was just a bit of thinking to figure it out the first time.
I can't wait to spend more time with the truggy, the "shift on the fly" feature of that one is fun. I need to finish the wiring on it so I can run both the winch and the shifter off the 3rd channel. :lol:"thumbsup"

I think I remember Multiplex making a 7 channel pistol grip radio....

After this weekend and all the bad ass ideas, I may look into finding that one...

Thank you

I'll be sure to let Brody(my son) know that. It will be a welcome change from the norm. Such as...."go to your room" or "You're grounded" or the oh so common...."stop hitting your brother":lol:

Seriously though thanks."thumbsup"

i remember when guido looked like this
156_5686_R.jpg

congrats on the win chris"thumbsup"

I think I remember Multiplex making a 7 channel pistol grip radio....

After this weekend and all the bad ass ideas, I may look into finding that one...

Here's the thread for multiplex:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106864

Good luck finding one. I'd start with hobby horse, they might have some left. The only other place I found was from one of the links to an ebay store but they were WAY more expensive than Hobby Horse, at the time.

Its been a really good radio so far, aside from not being able to mix channels. Other than that, I'm totally pleased with mine.
Tom

This is a great thread Griz I just read it from the beginning and I didn't get pictures for first few pages but no matter, it's a record of the evolution of your truck and shows how sticking with something and working it trial and error and driving it hard for a long time pays off. It's a great example.

Last edited:
What did you use to make the spring buckets on the TLT axles?

I am in the process of trying to replicate the EB radius arm front suspension on my trail rig project and am looking for ideas on how to secure the coils to the TLT axles.

What did you use to make the spring buckets on the TLT axles?

I am in the process of trying to replicate the EB radius arm front suspension on my trail rig project and am looking for ideas on how to secure the coils to the TLT axles.
The spring cups are just spring cups from a Traxxas Maxx shock. I trim them a bit to allow twisting the spring onto them, I then mount them upside down to the mounting brackets. I have been using this method for years to make coil spring suspensions and it works well.
I made the axle brackets from 26 gauge sheetmetal. I just cut them out with shears and bend them using needle nose pliers. They have been holding up quite well.
The original pics do not show up but here they are again.

Attachments

• 189_8943_R.jpg
    189_8943_R.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,975
  • 189_8945_R.jpg
    189_8945_R.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,972
  • 189_8947_R.jpg
    189_8947_R.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,972
  • 189_8948_R.jpg
    189_8948_R.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,967
Thanks!

Thanks is fantastic! I will have to make a trip out to the scrap bin to see if i can find some thin material. And I just so happen to have some used Emaxx shocks I can strip the part off of!

Are you using the maxx shock bodies as your dampeners?

Thanks!

Thanks is fantastic! I will have to make a trip out to the scrap bin to see if i can find some thin material. And I just so happen to have some used Emaxx shocks I can strip the part off of!

Are you using the maxx shock bodies as your dampeners?
In the first version I used Stampede front shocks. Same diameter but 3.5" long.
In the second version of Guido I used the HPI super shocks A725. They are the same length as the Maxx shocks (4"). I've used the Maxx shocks before but I just wanted aluminum on this version of Guido.
Thanks for the interest. "thumbsup"

Back