• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I think it's awesome that Griz would take a concourse winning truck and put it on the rocks and play with it. After all that hard work and time, it would easily be tempting to not really use it. But there it is, on the rocks having a good ole time."thumbsup"

stunning, amazing, beautiful, outstanding, are only a few words i can think of when i see this. It is a work of art. Good job!!

Can't wait to see some action pics from Montana. Guido looks great."thumbsup"

What is the track width now?

Opps....I just went and jized on the screen...I love that bronco.

WOW GRIZ!
The Bronco looks FANTASTIC!
Looks like there are plans for a tow behind too. Awsome!
Have fun in Montana, see you guys when you all get back.

JC
8)

SWEET RIG GRIZZ8)...........good luck "thumbsup"

CONGRATS GRIZ on the well deserved concourse win. "thumbsup"

Good golly that's the most impressive RC anything I've ever seen and I've seen alot!

Having seen it in person about 3/4 finished I can say the pics don't do it justice!

Well done.

Thank you guys, I was humbled all weekend by the comments I have received about Guido. I can't tell you how happy I am to have built a rig that people liked, that inspired many people, and that worked so well. 8)

Here are a few pics from his run in the MSD scale finals. And yes, it is an amazing rigs "thumbsup""thumbsup"
Thanks Jim, it was great meeting you, I was glad to see your Bronc as well and see it work well. "thumbsup"
that thing is sick"thumbsup""thumbsup"

I think it's awesome that Griz would take a concourse winning truck and put it on the rocks and play with it. After all that hard work and time, it would easily be tempting to not really use it. But there it is, on the rocks having a good ole time."thumbsup"
Thanks Nova,
From the very beginning Guido was destined to get run on the rocks, not once did I ever plan to build a shelf queen. Paint and body panels are easily replaced. "thumbsup" The first scratches were tough though.;-):lol:

BD, the track width ended up at 9 3/8" from outside of tire to outside of tire. 8)

I am excited and blown away by Guido, on Saturday morning before the finals course I was in 2nd place in the 2.2 scale class :shock:. The finals course was a great course but just too difficult for a big heavy pig like Guido. I did everything I could to finish the course. The rear driveshaft popped about halfway through, but I fixed it, the front driveshaft popped on the climb just before the bridge but I couldn't fix it so Guido had to finish in 2wd.

That second picture shows Lance (madscrambler), the first place finisher, he winched Guido, pulled Guido, and pushed his rig to the very limit in order to help me finish the course. Lance is a great person and a great competitor, I couldn't have gotten Guido across that finish line without him. I ended up in 3rd place after the 84 point, 32 minute long run, but it was the most fun I've ever had driving an RC crawler. "thumbsup""thumbsup":lol:

Thanks to Lance for his effort and everyone that voted for Guido to be the Concourse winner 2 years in a row. "thumbsup"

Last edited:
I just wanted to say (again) what an awesome rig this is Chris! I had plenty of time to check it out during the drive up and back and in the hotel and every time I looked at it I saw something I missed before!! Simply amazing! I can only hope the "clone" comes out 1/4th as cool as the OG I would be happy.
Thanks again for the ride up and back I had a great time, and Thanks for the steak too!"thumbsup""thumbsup" I owe ya one Buddy!

Robb

It was good rollin with you, thanks for some great pics Robb. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• ScaleNats_080518 019 (Custom) (2).jpg
    ScaleNats_080518 019 (Custom) (2).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,161
  • ScaleNats_080518 020 (Custom) (2).jpg
    ScaleNats_080518 020 (Custom) (2).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,140
  • ScaleNats_080518 045 (Custom).jpg
    ScaleNats_080518 045 (Custom).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,119
Most Amazing rig EVER!

and I got to se it in the mos amazing run EVER!

It was great to meet you Griz, This rig has a presence to it that must be seen in person to truly appreciate :shock:

Most Amazing rig EVER!

and I got to se it in the mos amazing run EVER!

It was great to meet you Griz, This rig has a presence to it that must be seen in person to truly appreciate :shock:
:oops::oops:8)8)
Wow, that's quite a compliment to live up to Andy. Thank you, it was great to meet you too. I hope we get a chance to meet again. "thumbsup"

where else is it going to be making appearances this summer?
I'm going to see if I can make it out to at least one Utah comp this summer. I miss the gang out there.
Guido will of course be at the USRCCA Nationals as well. 8)

Most Amazing rig EVER!

and I got to see it in the most amazing run EVER!

This rig has a presence to it that must be seen in person to truly appreciate :shock:

I totally agree, that 32 minute run has to be one of sickest scale runs I have EVER seen. Hands down, that finals course and those runs, were the highlight of my weekend."thumbsup"

guido is cool and all but griz, youre one helluva dude backing that badass rig. it was really great to meet you and see the guy behind the wheel. i appreciate your hospitality man, thanks!

guido is cool and all but griz, youre one helluva dude backing that badass rig. it was really great to meet you and see the guy behind the wheel. i appreciate your hospitality man, thanks!

I totally agree, people like you are what helps grow this hobby. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Hey Grizz That is a work of art, wish I could have seen it!
Do you have any pics showing the carnage if any?
And please tell me your going to give us poor bastages that couldnt make it all that way a video!!!

CONGRATS with the win!!!!

well deserved!
Thanks Bowtie. 8)
Why am I not suprised that Guido won the Concourse award? Congrats! Looks better than ever!
Thanks John. All your support is greatly appreciated. "thumbsup" 8)
I totally agree, that 32 minute run has to be one of sickest scale runs I have EVER seen. Hands down, that finals course and those runs, were the highlight of my weekend."thumbsup"
Me too, the finals run alone would have been enough to make the drive worth it. "thumbsup"
Thanks Matt; you, Corey, and Audrey? are great people as well. I really enjoyed meeting you and good luck in school, I'm sure you'll do great. "thumbsup"
I totally agree, people like you are what helps grow this hobby. "thumbsup""thumbsup"
Thanks Jim, I do what I can to contribute and bring new ideas. Keep that Bronco going, it's a great rig. "thumbsup"
Hey Grizz That is a work of art, wish I could have seen it!
Do you have any pics showing the carnage if any?
And please tell me your going to give us poor bastages that couldnt make it all that way a video!!!
Thanks rcjeepbuilder. Amazingly there was no real carnage, everything worked perfectly all weekend. The plastic Pede driveshafts popped off the metal yokes on the finals course but those were easy fixes.
I didn't get any video of Guido all weekend, I was too busy talking and having fun. Microgoat has some good stuff and I'm sure there are others as well. I'll be getting Guido out and doing some video on the local rocks though.

One thing I never fully explained were the shifters. Looking at the first pic below, the drivers side T-case lever turns the lights on and off and the passenger side T-case lever turns the winch power on and off. (it's on in the pic) I did this to prevent drifting but I didn't have any drifting problems all weekend. "thumbsup"

The Art Carr tranny shifter is a 3 position double pole toggle switch. I made a custom lever for the switch to make it look more like a shifter. You can see it in the second pic.
When the shifter is in the middle position (as shown in the pic) it cuts off all battery power to the ESC so I don't have to unplug anything.
When the shifter is moved to the forward position the two 6 cell 2/3A 1500mAh shotgun packs get wired in parallel for 7.2V and 3000mAh of runtime.
When the shifter is moved to the rear position the two battery packs get wired in series, giving me 14.4V and 1500mAh of wheelspeed. :twisted:
The lever behind the tranny shifter turns on and off power from the CC BEC to the RX. The CC BEC is wired to the passenger side battery pack connector, this was done so that when shifting between 7.2V and 14.4V the RX always gets power and the Spektrum doesn't lose it's bind and the servos don't lose power. Also, since the BEC never has to convert 14.4V to 6V, it always has lots of power to give to the steering servo and winch.

The only glitch I had was when Guido rolled over at one point on the finals course and DJ's (the driver) arm bumped the tranny shifter into the off position. :lol::lol:

Thanks to JimmyRig and scuzzy51 for the pics. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,948
  • montana2008192.jpg
    montana2008192.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,008
Last edited:
Maybe if DJ on roids had'nt been drinking that malt adult beverage you would'a done better?

Nothing worse than a roided out blaxican intoxicated by Colt 45 at 10 in the am...

I bet he was on his way to a BBQ at his cousins house in Chicago, right?

Last edited:
Back