• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gear Head RC Scale Wheel Catalog 1.55, 1.9 & 2.2

I really like the fact that I'm not grinding the ring screws against rock with these.

Pics:
808da6-31092-albums1973-35848.jpg

808da6-31092-albums1973-35846.jpg

I'm running the CI Lil Nova foams that are 1/8" wider then normal. 4.25" closed cell inners with the 4.5" outers. This pushes the sidewalls out. I think it looks good this way. Sidehill action improved too.

Knuckle weights fit (this is the only 1.9 that these weights fit in.)
808da6-31092-albums1973-35845.jpg

1.55 ENK wheels added to our growing catalog of wheels!

GEA15ENKonTF201500x375.jpg

Can you say WIDE? 1.2" to be exact:
GEA15ENKWidthComparison01500x500.jpg

Last edited:
I had really hope that the 1.55 ENKs were beadlocks and assumed so by the price when I ordered them. The screws and swappable centers also made me think so. Was dissappointed to find this out later.

I know... my fault. I just thought otherwise. I guess I should have checked the ad closer.

I love the black on black of those delrin ez-loc rims but love the toughness of the thick aluminum rings on mine more. Any chance of a version with anodized aluminum rings in black and/or other colors? "thumbsup"

The 2.2 TKs are now for sale for only $99.99 with black Delrin beadlock rings:
Gear Head RC 2.2 Trail King EZ-Loc Wheels w/Delrin Beadlock Rings (4)

GEA22TKEZD2-2T.jpg

man you're killing me! I thought those beautiful ENK gold 1.55s were beadlocks! I haven't even mounted them as they're going on a scaler FJ40. Make a beadlock set pleeeeeeeease!

/jedimindtrick you will wave the restock fee :lmao:

I'll order another set for the Hummer HX project I have next as well. You have my word!

The 2.2 TKs are now for sale for only $99.99 with black Delrin beadlock rings:
Gear Head RC 2.2 Trail King EZ-Loc Wheels w/Delrin Beadlock Rings (4)

I have some constructive feedback from a potential customer. There needs to be much more information provided about the product that you are promoting. I can't tell the offset or the width of these wheels from the RPP listing or your website. Is there a separate hub required? Does it come with all the necessary hardware? I'm assuming it is a hex drive, but there is only 1 picture shown. I'm not trying to be critical, but these details are what get people excited about updating their rig with your components.

Last edited:
I have some constructive feedback from a potential customer. There needs to be much more information provided about the product that you are promoting. I can't tell the offset or the width of these wheels from the RPP listing or your website. Is there a separate hub required? Does it come with all the necessary hardware? I'm assuming it is a hex drive, but there is only 1 picture shown. I'm not trying to be critical, but these details are what get people excited about updating their rig with your components.

Thank you for you feedback. As with most fast-growing companies, it is always a challenge to stay on top of documentation and specifications for our customers.

- Separate hubs are not required
- All wheels come with the necessary hardware
- All 1.55, 1.9, 2.0 & 2.2 wheels are 12mm hex drive

Per your feedback, I have updated all of the Specification tabs accordingly.

I have a question regarding why your 1.9" hubs are machined to be used with the AX-10 and Wraith hexes.

AX30429-2.jpg

When they are more likely to encounter the thin flat hex of the scx-10?? Doesn't leave as much engagement for the locknut and seems unnecessary to me. Just make the hole big enough for the actual axle stub to go through like Axial does with their wheels.
AX8088-2.jpg

Am I getting my point across?

Or did you intentionally do it to make sure they would be compatible with both kinds? Which I guess makes sense.. I just like the larger engagement surface for the nuts to tighten up against.. Not a lot of area to lock down on and you can't put big washers over it like you can with the wheels Axial designed to go with those hexes pictured above..

Anyway.. I still love my new set of 1.9 "Utes" I picked up.. They impressed me every bit as much as my 2.2 Trail Kings. "thumbsup"

I have a question regarding why your 1.9" hubs are machined to be used with the AX-10 and Wraith hexes.

When they are more likely to encounter the thin flat hex of the scx-10?? Doesn't leave as much engagement for the locknut and seems unnecessary to me. Just make the hole big enough for the actual axle stub to go through like Axial does with their wheels.

Am I getting my point across?

Or did you intentionally do it to make sure they would be compatible with both kinds? Which I guess makes sense.. I just like the larger engagement surface for the nuts to tighten up against.. Not a lot of area to lock down on and you can't put big washers over it like you can with the wheels Axial designed to go with those hexes pictured above..

Anyway.. I still love my new set of 1.9 "Utes" I picked up.. They impressed me every bit as much as my 2.2 Trail Kings. "thumbsup"

Jus,

Thank you for your feedback. We have kept the larger center hole so we are compatible with as many hexes as possible.

I found a pic of your green Dingo riding on the 1.9 UTEs. Nice looking rig. "thumbsup" What rig is riding on the 2.2 TKs?

-Jim
Rpp Hobby/Gear Head RC

Back