• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gat714's Y-Town XR10 BJV4

Gat714

Quarry Creeper
I'm very sorry about my pics dissapearing. Something happened to my photobucket account. New pics start on page 8

Hey everybody. I would like to share my most recent build. Since there are quite a few long build threads, i decided to keep mine concise. Feel free to ask any questions about my rig, i'll be happy to answer "thumbsup"

Here's what she has:

Y-Town BJV4 chassis
Dual FXR's
Brood 40T motors
CC BEC (set at 7.4 volts)
Hitech HS-7950TH servo
Vanquish Motor plates
Vanquish Tranny cases
HR hardened steel gears
RR Steel pinions
Vanquish SLW V3 1" wheels (x4) (14 oz. in front, 2.5 oz. in rear) (350 hubs front and rear)
Vanquish SLW V4 1" wheels (x4) (14 oz. in front, 2.5 oz. in rear) (475 hubs front and rear)
Vanquish Chubs
Vanquish Knucles
Vanquish Lockouts
Nova dual stage 5.5 foams
HB Rovers (white) (x4)
Losi Boss Claws (red) (x4)
CKRC servo protector
CKRC HD servo arm
Custom battery mount
BWD Links
BWD rear axle mount
BWD front servo mount
Custom steering link
- I took the unused lower links (7x73mm) from the XR10 kit and
connected them together with a grub screw. It turned out to be
just the right length, and i didn't have to cut the stock steering
link housing off "thumbsup"
Traxxas Big Bores (shock cap mod) (Losi gold springs)
Futaba 4PK

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK!​

Last edited:
Looks really good. The blue panels look great too "thumbsup"

How are the 350 hubs and 1 wheels all the way around?? I was thinking of the same setup,I have bwd links and my chassis should be here this week, so pretty much same setup as your running,

What is your axle width Front and rear with that set up of 350 hubs and wheels?

What rod ends are you using for your steering with the two 73mm rods end to end?

Sounds like me and Frito are in the same boat......Just waiting on a Chassis :shock: In the mean time my eyes burn from reading all theese awesome build treads, and my mouse finger is starting to cramp up :lmao:

Last edited:
Looks great! I've definitely decided on getting VP wheels for mine, I'd like to know how wide your stance is front and rear and how you like it in the rocks. Should be getting my XR, punk dig, Rovers and VP bushings this week "thumbsup"

Thanks guys. Here is my track width up front and rear:

022.jpg

Rear

0022.jpg

Front

0012.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

And i'm using the stock knuckle rod ends that came with the kit.

Looks great! I've definitely decided on getting VP wheels for mine, I'd like to know how wide your stance is front and rear and how you like it in the rocks. Should be getting my XR, punk dig, Rovers and VP bushings this week "thumbsup"

Lookin forward to seein it when its done "thumbsup"

What is your axle width Front and rear with that set up of 350 hubs and wheels?

What rod ends are you using for your steering with the two 73mm rods end to end?

Sounds like me and Frito are in the same boat......Just waiting on a Chassis :shock: In the mean time my eyes burn from reading all theese awesome build treads, and my mouse finger is starting to cramp up :lmao:

Haha i have done that many many times! I'm just using the stock rod ends that came in the kit for the knuckles. I may add a spacer in between the two rods. I have a little bit of toe out, i might walk it back in just a bit.

I'm just using the stock rod ends that came in the kit for the knuckles. I may add a spacer in between the two rods. I have a little bit of toe out, i might walk it back in just a bit.

Cool, thanks for the info. Now I can go built a steering link, that should take my mind off the UPS truck.......for a little while.

Last edited:
Monster energy drink motor covers? Can i have a quick explanation becuase they look cool. What else are people using for motor protectors?

Looks good.

I would highly recommend getting batt's with a little higher C rating. They make a big difference in the "pop" a rig has. 15c continuous and 20c burst is pretty low.

Looks good Gat!

Thos G-Force batteries have plenty of punch in them. Not familiar with the other battery though. The only thing I might recommend is widening the rear just a little bit. Your current width will work great on some tight gates but will hurt you on sidehills. Find a good medium or wich ever works best for the courses you run. On another note I have been contemplating switching out the stock shocks for bigbores myself. Overall everything looks great. Keep up the good work!"thumbsup"

Looks good Gat!

Thos G-Force batteries have plenty of punch in them. Not familiar with the other battery though. The only thing I might recommend is widening the rear just a little bit. Your current width will work great on some tight gates but will hurt you on sidehills. Find a good medium or wich ever works best for the courses you run. On another note I have been contemplating switching out the stock shocks for bigbores myself. Overall everything looks great. Keep up the good work!"thumbsup"

Thanks bud, i read through your build quite a bit before i started mine. I had the big bores on my berg and fell in love with them. I actually ordered two sets of each: 350, 475, and 600 hubs from Vanquish. The only ones they had in stock were the 350's. So when they get the other sizes in, i'll play with them to see which size works best. I would like to run it a little bit wider.

I'm not getting as much steering throw as i had hoped. I'm thinking this is due to my steering servo arm. I would like to get a long Robotronics arm or a long Integy arm. I'm hoping that will give me a little more thrown. Any ideas?

Looks good.

I would highly recommend getting batt's with a little higher C rating. They make a big difference in the "pop" a rig has. 15c continuous and 20c burst is pretty low.

The G-Force batteries are great. I do know what you are saying about the low continuous power of the Parkzones though. I bought a few of them a while back because i got a really good deal. You are right, i can tell a difference in "pop", but i just use them for practice.

Back