• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FTX RC outback hi-rock

Frank211

RCC Addict
Check this out from ftx rc
FTX Outback Hi-Rock 1:10 Trail Crawler RTR

The evolution of the Outback trail chassis hits new heights with the new Hi-Rock edition from FTX. As trail and crawler fans continue to crave both scale performance and scale looks, we have looked to address both with the Hi-Rock.

Featuring a new split transmission, the motor is now mounted directly above the front axle alongside the steering servo providing extra weight up front for better traction when climbing ascents. The steering angle has been increased to a 45 angle for further improved trail maneuverability. An adjustable drivetrain slipper can be set to protect the transmission and driveshafts in the event of a lock up, while internal axle and gearbox metal gears provide long term durability.

The split transmission layout provides a much lower centre section allowing for aftermarket interiors to be mounted for added scale realism. The moulded side chassis plates have aluminium plates on the exterior while the inner plates provide protection from the elements as well as mounting receiver and Hobbywing speed control. The moulded receiver box features additional plug in ports for LED lights and aftermarket winches.

The classic pick-up inspired bodyshell comes complete with moulded accessories such as front grill & LED light buckets, snorkel, mirrors, wipers, roll bar cage and spotlights (for optional LED’s). Front and rear bumpers feature mounted LED lights and tow hooks to top off that scale look.

Take to the trails and raise the bar with the FTX Outback Hi-Rock!

FTX5587 - £314.99 RRP Available mid-February

Check the website for all the specifications and features.
6a02d7ff6b0882391ced273def142535.jpg
9978277fd32a917692f3c4e0bf635b64.jpg
fd13211c215094540e20f29f5d01b0ab.jpg
c4bc4ece7bd5cf7f4297918011d8dd48.jpg
23e61e32d40b4955820dc8af76f86bd9.jpg
29a72b7b1a276868def9bd51da32e39e.jpg
0e741673b4e585d7e13b4fad332f3b1f.jpg
ff89c06ae2bad719727c08c61c26b72e.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Looks cool and it's nice to see the budget companies doing stuff like forward mounted motors. My buddy has an FTX Outback V2 (also sold as the ECX Barrage and RGT something or other) and it's a nice little rig, especially the RTR price it's hard to complain about.

But I think the price for this is a little high. £315 is Element RTR money, infact the Sendero RTR kit is only £309 although you would have to buy a separate battery and charger.

RGT Pioneer, RGT EX86010 CJ have similar chassis but much cheaper on Ali/banggood
FTX looks like brand for selling same rigs on european market

Last edited:
What would be needed to make this LiPo powered? New esc? Or more?

Apologies if this seems a silly question?

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24
Wltoys a212. Shortcourse 1/24
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28

What would be needed to make this LiPo powered? New esc? Or more?

Apologies if this seems a silly question?

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28

Don't quote me on it but if it's like the older FTX Outback the ESC has a jumper to change from Nimh to Lipo.

If you want to use a different ESC, you'll probably have to get another receiver as they're likely a single unit.

Modelsport have added it to their website, the ESC does look like it has the jumpers. Modelsport will almost certainly be the cheapest place to buy in the UK. Looks to be in stock in a couple of weeks

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-ou...-10-trail-rock-crawler/rc-car-products/446751

RGT Pioneer, RGT EX86010 CJ have similar chassis but much cheaper on Ali/banggood
FTX looks like brand for selling same rigs on european market

That's exactly right. FTX is a UK based importer/distributer

Last edited:
Thank you, I am comparing this and the element, or axial scx or trx4, the first 3 all seem to be similar price brackets, (still a couple of months till I can hopefully pick one up), the Trx4 would take longer, but I’m fairly new to crawling, but would rather buy something with quality, and upgrades etc than a cheapie. There seems a lot of choices for the £300 and above budget...

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28

Thank you, I am comparing this and the element, or axial scx or trx4, the first 3 all seem to be similar price brackets, (still a couple of months till I can hopefully pick one up), the Trx4 would take longer, but I’m fairly new to crawling, but would rather buy something with quality, and upgrades etc than a cheapie. There seems a lot of choices for the £300 and above budget...

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28

Yeah, we aren't served that well in the UK. Prices are higher here . For example the scx10.2 Cherokee RTR is about £80 cheaper in the US from Amain hobbies. Although I'm not sure how it works for US stores, whether they include tax etc

Back