• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Foff build

shorty1457

Been to the beach today and convinced me I need one

Need ideas and advice

Current ideas
Scx axles HD gears od front std rear vp stage 1 kit
Exo gearbox with modded output shafts
Std wildboar shafts due to they'll be open to sand and salt so will be replaced frequently
Not sure on kv of motor yet as not worked out gearing of an exo gearbox probs about 2200kv
Will be run on 3s
Not sure on the best style of paddles to go for??

Also weight or strength opinions?
Do I build a cage for strength and big chunky 6mm metal links ect or plastic cage and plastic links to save weight?

Hi
The panther paddles will give you better performance vs the proline sandpaw (personal experience).
Scx10 axler are ok, use them myself, but the steering is a bit limited, the AR60 axle has better steering angles.
You can, like me add burleytubes to the scx10 axles and add wraith c-hubs, knucles and xr10 driveshafts.

Dont know about the driveshafts, but I've have run E/T-Maxx driveshafts with good reliability.

As for electronics, I've run the Traxxas Velenion system (on 3s) and the CC Mamba Max pro 5700 combo.
The traxxas system lacked a bit of power, but very good for just getting started, the Mamba Max pro 5700 combo was too much power...

Hopes this will give you some ideas for what to do..

Jon

Last edited:
7730cdef6ca0a105676644b09a381e44.jpg

Throw some paddles on something, put as much power in it as the drivetrain can handle and start driving up hills. Doesn't take much
728bf19b6974fbfa4dd02510cf95a8b2.jpg

I typed this almost auto correctly free

Back