• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

**Finally** Berg 4340 Gears coming soon!!

Will...I'm curious what effect running these gears along with a stock small 2nd gear and the usual Robinson steel pinions might have? Will these hardened gears get along with other gears that may not be of the same type? The reason I ask is I know with the Robinson hardened steel spur you have to run a hardened pinion or you'll end up with a pile of metal shavings that use to be a pinion.

The statement on the product page really refers some gears that were not machined correctly that we have ran into. As mentioned 90% of the gears will work fine.

However there was a batch of gears from another manufacturer that has a miss drilled center pin which we have found creates some headache when getting things to run smoothly. It can be fixed by some lapping compound and manual break in time, or some file treatment. I just wanted the issue known before the blame came our way.

It seems those whom own these gears, already know they do.

Have no fear about fitment on any standard properly cut gear, stock replacement, Robinson(Mann gears) or SDS.

So will these be available forever more or is this a limited time run? It would be nice to know that we have an ongoing source for replacement gears "thumbsup"

Great job William!

So will these be available forever more or is this a limited time run? It would be nice to know that we have an ongoing source for replacement gears "thumbsup"

Great job William!

I ran a smallish batch for the pre-order to recoupe some funds. However I have three times that amount sitting in the machine shop which should last us awhile.

Assuming they still sell, I will still produce. If these roll out like we all hope, small 2nd and 3rds to follow in due time.

I will be ordering 2 sets at least. On vaca and a little low on funds. You guys make a great product! They will sell!

Only a few sets left for pre-order get yours now! I can't thank you guys enough for supporting these gears. Been a long time coming and a battle to get here.

Will if we need to open the pin slot up to 3/32 or 2.5 mm to run SDS gears with bigger pins is there enough material there?

There is room, but I have not tested the strength once done. Because we did a small first batch my machinist did say we can leave a tad more room for those wanting to do this mod.

Dlux will have some coming his way once they get back from polishing. Because he's been doing this mod, I will wait to hear his opinion.

Just placed an order. I always love your stuff, but never been able to use them for whatever reason I guess. Gears and lockers are soon to be mine!

Keep up the great work William, great products and your customer service is top notch. I already have some nice drilled gears, but these are just phenomenally light and attention to detail is that of a Tag Heuer watch after having the chance to hold a prototype tester set at ECC.

Just an update for everyone! The gears didn't ship Friday as I was told. I'm promised by Tuesday. I will pay for overnight shipping to ensure I get them ASAP.

I have ordered special packaging and stickers for everyone as well. Assuming they all arrive at the same time, I will be enlisting my wife for packaging and between the two of us, I hope to have everyone's order out by Friday

Again, this is assuming I get them as I am told they will arrive. I thank everyone for being so patient and cannot wait to see these in everyone's rigs!!

Back