• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Dont Crush'em; Restore them - RC10GT

Just got this in the mail...WOO HOO!!!

RC10GT #7072 black tub edition.
IMG_1706_zps06febdda.jpg

A little extra pep is waiting for the GT's OS CV-X engine
IMG_1708_zps536754af.jpg

with a Paris racing turbo ring pipe
IMG_1703_zps94c006fc.jpg

Includes MIP CVD's....SWEET!

I had to change wheels on my first GT from bead-lock 1.9 and 2.2s to traxxas slash wheels. the reason being that the inner bead-lock rings were rubbing against the aluminum arms when the wheels turned.

The set arrived in the mail today and what a great looking set they were. i mounted them on the GT, they look sweet and more importanly DO NOT RUB AT ALL.
IMG_1788_zps44c8136f.jpg

IMG_1779_zps4c7c9356.jpg

IMG_1776_zps83ef8638.jpg

IMG_1782_zpse24ae60f.jpg

IMG_1781_zpsfd85b33b.jpg

IMG_1783_zpsdededbf2.jpg

IMG_1785_zps052e43de.jpg

They do look nice
Hate to say this, but I almost want one :mrgreen:

lol, thanks post.

Pale put me on to those wheels. I purchased 2 sets (second set was a web accident, lol, but no regrets). The wheels a close to stock in terms of height but are narrower which makes it looke more realistic. They are 12mm so i can slap them on a crawler for pics:mrgreen:

At one point i wanted to take a GT and convert it to a short course 2wd nitro truck but i was a few years to late in terms of getting a conversion kit.

Anyway im still waiting for a good day to take her out...wont be this weekend due to all the snow that's headed our way.

not enough baileys for me to get through this today...lolololol

Hello everyone. I recently pulled my blue chasis rtr gt out of the storage locker and would like to get her running again. I'm in the process of rebuilding the stock .15 but I will certainly need a new body. Where can I find one?

Hello everyone. I recently pulled my blue chasis rtr gt out of the storage locker and would like to get her running again. I'm in the process of rebuilding the stock .15 but I will certainly need a new body. Where can I find one?

Glad to hear you pulled out your GT. let me know if the links help.

HEre you go

Associated RC10GT RC 10 GT Truck Body 6131 Vintage Gas Nitro | eBay

or painted...
New Body Shell for Team Associated RC10 GT Airbrushed Galaxy Lightning | eBay

Thanks for the links. I may have to try my hand at painting a body, have never done that before. Thats a sweet ride you have there Lobonyc, how difficult is it to get those traxxas wheels to fit? Its been several years since i've even ran my GT, so i'm sure i've missed quite a lot on whats going on with new stuff. The message boards seem very quite now, did everyone switch over to electrics or just give up on the hobby?

Well here is another restore project. Got this in auction. a '93 white parts, black tub RC10GT. At first glance is was grimy...when i got it in the mail...IT WAS GRIMY but there was something cool about it...there where no scratches...all it needed was some TLC and a front nose plate. THANKS ROMULUS22; he saved the project from an unwanted upgrade. I wanted to keep as many original parts as possible however the fuel tank was upgraded to the newer design as my personal preference. Rear tires in photo are original but will be replaced by fresh rubber. The engine is a restore project as well. It is a .12 OS engine. its GRIMY. Not sure if it runs but will clean up and find out. Traxxas 2075 servos have been installed. Transmission has been upgraded to ball bearings as well as the rest of the truck. The yellow body is temporary...I have an an old school painted body that i might want to use....just to keep it original and old school. Hey its a 93 early model.

Some Grime
IMG_2060_zpsc933f266.jpg

IMG_2062_zpsd20de7f0.jpg

IMG_2063_zps9847516c.jpg

IMG_2065_zps6479db23.jpg

IMG_2066_zps8968b752.jpg

IMG_2067_zps27883979.jpg

IMG_2068_zps20b8d043.jpg

IMG_2070_zpsf2a48bea.jpg

IMG_2073_zpscf95cf45.jpg

IMG_2075_zpsbefbe156.jpg

IMG_2079_zps3b3dbd05.jpg

A Little Elbow grease and degreaser and we start bringin this one back to life...

IMG_2127_zpsf51d5118.jpg

IMG_2130_zpse8e80f52.jpg

IMG_2131_zpsf3f856e6.jpg

IMG_2132_zps86ab8460.jpg

IMG_2135_zps41b1eed8.jpg

Turns out the original nose plate was tweaked badly. Guess the GT took a mean hit as a new kit and was laid to rest somewhere as the parts cleaned up very nicely and have no scratches. Anyway here are some photos as it was getting mounted to an upgraded chassis...My goal was to keep things original but i didnt have a nose plate.
IMG_2136_zps8696bd14.jpg

IMG_2143_zps0d295aa9.jpg

CAM00441_zps05061c31.jpg

Well Thanks to Romuluse22' noseplate the project got back on track with original black tub chassis. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"
IMG_8559_zps9e10791c.jpg

IMG_8560_zpse72f913e.jpg

IMG_8561_zps433faf43.jpg

IMG_8562_zps3f2e94e5.jpg

IMG_8564_zpsdfb4aaf2.jpg

On the restore list is the .12 os engine that will be dropped into this GT...that is if it runs...
IMG_8565_zps58b2196b.jpg

IMG_8566_zpsd8c470ef.jpg

Oh joy...when to start?:oops:

Oh by the way....

Honorable mention:
here is another GT thats been sort of neglected...The Wagon. All ive done to this was to mount some sweet aluminum wheels with some street tires.
IMG_8613_zps69469f0e.jpg

IMG_8617_zps2ff0eb34.jpg

Will keep updating...

Amazing what a lil time and elbow grease can do. Which wagon body is that?

Thanks...thats the 57 chevy panel wagon body...It was by proline if i remember correctly.

Im still trying to figure out the fender shaping and unfortunately ive been more involved with the DS's and the 93 GT. I need more weekends, lol.

Looking good Alex....that panel wagon looks to be earlier than a 57...more like a 52 or 53 maybe ???

I used to have a set of street tires like those you have...sure wish I could find them now....and of course some much needed weekend time.

Looking good Alex....that panel wagon looks to be earlier than a 57...more like a 52 or 53 maybe ???

I used to have a set of street tires like those you have...sure wish I could find them now....and of course some much needed weekend time.
My bad Greg...first off its a body by Parma part #10310A. Second you are correct sir....it is a 1950 Chevy Panel wagon body.

The tires are one of my past favorites for the GT. Both body and tires are still available at Tower.

Right with you on the weekends...
If i could only double up the weekends....who in congress do i need to piss on in order to get a double weekend nationally?

My project for today....get to gluing tires....oh the pain...the humanity...the sticky fingers....hope i don't have to pee while gluing...that can be a painful mess.

:lmao::lmao:

I did all my peeing before starting my glue project.

My thumb had glue shell build up 3 times. This was the lightest of the three
CAM00542_zpsc10beb45.jpg

Had to soak thumb in acetone dip seen here behind the casualty, lol...
CAM00543_zps8d115ecf.jpg

I only have two rear GT tires to glue and then im finally DONE!!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Did they actually stop making these trucks? I got one I just dug out of storage and was looking at seeing what I could use on the wraith. Specifically the spur gears since I have a stock pile of them.

Back