• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cultus builds a Bomber!

Well I am still waiting for my DMG parts and LED's, but my batteries showed up"thumbsup" These are a terrific fit for the bomber and i have really liked the SMC batteries i have for my yeti

y4mOLbF7Dr3FDR48O27MPrGMhmDIeDWIi2gBxogadCvJsb5-6XbohQyOL6Dm2zOgdpVrQCu1lSs3LQj2DaUaPlzcKS15AKM1NkW8l3PvyJ1POUEO3tz0cSmiP6nmUcTLI7v2ew2R2jBoHG7iEjcO3dfgUvsyQIwZ-_IUT-YxTverJgTdvxu1s2j9818STvNGgs9i-WeeCvwg-6eUBjh5u536w

Last edited:
You rock - I was trying to order these for the last couple days and they were in pre-order status.... I was bumming and about to get some overprice "DTX" (you know who) LiPos instead.

Just ordered 2 of 'em for the Bomber kit arriving Thursday. Thanks again!

What scale jacks are those? I like them!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you DMG, parts arrived a few days ago and installed great. I really like where both the radiator and the spare are sitting. I was able to install the axial rear light bar by notching a couple squares out of it then screwing it to the underside of the roof section. Then finished it off with some aluminum diamond plate on top.

y4mHjcRzKZPdOJ_PKJptpA1g3xE9hQss9VM5uarxJFU9vuVe4WWqzDwIi8wOYNLEjWYJFP-Mpn7NcypM73UWiZK_Pq0yX9y8e8YyPXgqv-nj7iiXssY12zFKOWzozeMpHgz06b8urmz73vKFAfZKLW3jHj3ufdSpcgJPhNOZtAwQcRBeIBmHkPmyf5yqRR8knbt-m2E0r8Wymeq2RHWXj8GZA

y4mlLqFRXPf4FQZijBuXoBhS19UixC4K3qXXmxMEWmAwoEQDVjjcM1uF71Eox_bj3C44_OKVtiaA87v3Pj-JGXuiiInnfmXf0mkCi_wBg3Lic1i0C6l8-oCzVsR9ErKEzDFH13khp9lSepfAuBfU0_Im09GqhuteNFgF6aBChXHoTq--2Tkq7Vw5IBRqBEATV-ZEYNOmXsSu9rPvRi5_fWCCA

y4mvfvaYjBY3MAigEVQnpxA6DamiVtcGfVwe1kpsArpjxvez_vxWutUa8NoMPGb784B7J2nSKyF6GmkJ3dBgdYQg6YvPHDM12KEDckPGCkUGTM8P-1ZHoEsARsAB-GKKmGK1uLbESZ6-4Y6WX8x4FlqWqrEzsIAc4Jg0nNncflgD_bGnRifjWqAcMrnhOSi37F3QiUhz1pvBkmfQIO0kSotYQ

y4mIXoEpA5bY9NPjRjba_53pOaoQwPlnCGE_Dbr9cp8qCeG8ZeXSK8ySUjQmwMf1r7BnjpcGIN1Tv51ExWmcPnF1pVvpkj1nEr46FvRAjjzS4e2yYoPlf-HLphrlrq597bTI7CPzBwjLBsRVBPNKrFZny41jzvMEjw_EkH0UziIkjHL56ZGhr6ehn3nfC6qE_QYzHqOsmi8qQ96oA5Ww2R2hg

y4mNx7US_sV9deJqDCduykzKisi1mc-ZDt2kM6NzaEHLwEMgUskITSE2dePuktTdOAdqZkHH8-UINmwOHsO1EP0oeScNi-g3omL_p72MaSJkSXFeYTM0_MEEzbqsLsjUmmbAy4E6MybopmcvfPq0Bu6AMIh6YMwMEvdWWucBLEudrTgvJubGmSzcgFf6dQ1_H0KSMBf_S71lpQw-a3hgxMzlg

y4mddA754WcGpkKLh9DB2CBRJg24Hjp8n5uSUdaYmdnhst4PLyJ60OIvwbSynK4wCUaFsUB1PU_whw25__ibdKxrMY7yUtmmhqV5qlK6Uz2pBGLhUEbRCy4pb3AJrEDFOgPi7MEl28NdFUcST6oOI15iBj28r6gKxLpJnUR4ZTdI_E4CAyOdZniyEhAC2WBHYsV0D8IkEpRmYK3Zf_0p-weHQ

y4mLPnmGjjXmjRpkIyrG93eWvoQu4OLFaz1dkm2nv_jcQlM8i47Ql_vjHNTWc_k0MoStZ1pd_-RH9f0CtpPD_XxvxOfCkRPBF2AB1mKbV1I18oQ36fwqVrfF3ducDLu7e_Hq_xvmsvR0QZS-R6xWvTXMwQsbc-eoV2wEWbW5hChBrXd2sgfMj2y5zVfw1fY6WdL-TjwsRLwm4iEd2jVJXZz-w

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Here she sits with the spare relocated. I really like the new profile. I got the rear LED's wired up and installed the RC4WD squadrons on the front. Unfortunately one of the squadrons is only working on 2 of the 4 LEDs. So while i get that sorted out, i ordered another set to run 4 squadrons forward. They are very bright, even at 8.4V, but the tiny 1.4M hardware does suck, so we shall see how they hold up.

y4mLTF7Kb2hjzwLaIT4q7iS7nJ_pd-ku6eSL2mhMeX72oHQJB89KrDyzQulHbar4sSGIFQLiBW7FzOXd6J6Iih0q5z8pEkv6oM8LGEihputIh9nyETqpR1TtdJIPUUgrE483mCusfzq8WNwcEXmLGFqHeFRGk8E5IdBuHX7zP9CiZxOoQ3WQWQ5P0eD47IzOLjaQ2ZyugsjNp1dzxt9m9OsJA
]

y4m7SHV0pvWHvcFZu7V1HE55VuFVjsYVGvWydaOWY2EZP2VQ6nhbgpIvUUh63_bZFGnrb1WPp6VUPKxEQBmrMEnsQ_-N3yIGfTdZ7zRiAwwnFHCPkK6DBzDRK20Ynd-kP_8QcfjrrOFTrPf4zMhqfn1TqShKnNTvNkUtST9GiO1Wv4QjLerJjXZT1N4ExSGFZPlOP3A65N1b9GfZSugez8pWQ

y4mldrxJI8BdY2S57_DVowifqfHJo_ACFxfXELn5aTBsX5eVLgL2ZjG3iTdgAlQrkC8uOh_R8XBx6WstCPSf-AdK9m1uFp5dCzIcTUaNEOH6EuPFqBVUv1I6FxHEMaBeJpSeyTT5QPZRHfU28dISUNxFDhMK4BOQOni2nK384Rdsw5S8YN6Ktgh4ncLEcjWLm17lh2FdGuHLhhM9oa7r7ojUg

y4mh1oyjvxi3izVXBGpmP_Vpb7mndWdjeoJtIaLkhzyszoZct760QLSykRSZM1C0UYy0cmZ0wt9ImFFJEsx4g4dHVKe5pQnbJN7KvUW8DvFuVLdF5wYSa8ng_VXZEDAzLrCSyDVJAevSCz1ysn-Aq3o7YQOQmY3P4GXDHsL4q1PW5lWLpkWYjoKtHcsPFdY6Vx66MelJk4PumvgJLDDExMlCg

Last edited:
Ive run my bomber with and without the sway bar and actually preferred it on. With out it the rig wouldn't always plant the front down when needed

Even for a crawler, a sway bar will help control the torque twist. IMHO, it's a must have.

Totally agree, for whatever reason, I removed the swaybar from my crawler Bomber and regretted it immediately. I couldn't make any uphill climbs because my stupid front tire kept floating off the ground like it was as filled with helium. That was a frustrating day and the sway bar was quickly reinstalled. I still get plenty flex, that swaybar just keeps those front tires planted. Really helps with the high speed bashing shenanigans too :mrgreen:

Totally agree, for whatever reason, I removed the swaybar from my crawler Bomber and regretted it immediately. I couldn't make any uphill climbs because my stupid front tire kept floating off the ground like it was as filled with helium. That was a frustrating day and the sway bar was quickly reinstalled. I still get plenty flex, that swaybar just keeps those front tires planted. Really helps with the high speed bashing shenanigans too :mrgreen:

I'm really looking forward to losing the floating front tire! finally got a sway bar for my RTR along with brushless power HD gears and spools. Should be a whole new machine when I take it for it's shake down run later.

That looks so nice! If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this cost excluding the price of the truck? :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks so nice! If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this cost excluding the price of the truck? :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh, man, i honestly haven't added it all up. Luckily i had the esc/motor or it could have been worse. I was fortunate to pick up some side work earlier this summer that paid for most of this. Normally it would take me a while to collect everything, picking up a few parts each month. It took about 18 months to get my Yeti where I wanted it, lol

Cultus,

Great looking truck! You have done some really nice work.

Can you explain how you mounted the radiator? What is the material under it, and how did you fasten that material?
EDIT - Just saw that it is a DMG radiator mount.

Also, what did you fasten the front lights to?

I would like to do both of those items.

I need to mount the front lights in the same area you did because the center area below the front bumper is occupied by a winch fairlead.

Thanks!
Sammy

Last edited:
Cultus,

Great looking truck! You have done some really nice work.

Can you explain how you mounted the radiator? What is the material under it, and how did you fasten that material?
EDIT - Just saw that it is a DMG radiator mount.

Also, what did you fasten the front lights to?

I would like to do both of those items.

I need to mount the front lights in the same area you did because the center area below the front bumper is occupied by a winch fairlead.

Thanks!
Sammy

Thanks bud.

Yeah the DMG rad mount and spare tire mount are great products for $10 each.

There is a small tab with a screw hole on each side that the lights are mounted to. To access them you need to pull off the front bumper, then you can kinda pull the uprights out and bolt your lights on. A small axial light bucket should bolt right on, i had to fab some small brackets to get the squadrons to fit nicely

Back