• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cultus builds a Bomber!

Hey thanks guys! I made the ripsaw trays. I can't remember if i got the trays from Peavey Mart or Canadian tire, they come in a pack with 2 round and 2 rectangular. I was sick and tired of them constantly sticking to each other or whatever ruler or tool was on the bench, so i trimed out the middle of my old dingo ripsaws and foams and shoegoo'd them in. problem solved"thumbsup"

I thought the same thing, did you make those or purchase them?

Hey Yoda, whats the best way to get a hold of BPC for some of those SS F9 skids? I tried to message on fb and the contact us part of their website but no luck yet.

Bruce at BPC is just waiting on his guy to add it to the site. He doesn't work there anymore and has another job. But they are working on it.

Panels are finished and installed. The "ghosted" axial logos are harder to see than i would have liked but overall i am really happy with how it all turned out. Now i just have some detail work left.

y4mZ3Tk7nP8DOOyCJG4I8nGARp23ltYoLMZLTmC8AD2QvhlqlFYT7ZEtQJBZLUYs3HBBQMB2aLpnEicxO3q3mOup6QcVS5YoVhAJ8S3BfBgQtjp8oniFqDexg845e239bXxOTuWs4iGtQfTYAcZczr2zE6rODSd15_jkpWfH3AqjHI6mfC46uq1RiJUB2gfIpEiVcJ0HkqSOaUVqQUi7jh4BQ
]

y4m16JZbgiefejVlXxU5yTbcSDJ6EQCO5AzHeOODZW6y4vTSjLUZKreJanQS-1rzV4aSagLHgC_3bwiWqN964xu1NTzZ4-NWH83ZNghe8hkeOdmVRPtur3wdp8PV0xgmhdfIAHTiTcxrjIaebhvPzMuZajMrbR0pOZaKLv5rWw-OWhW-0PtUxFQoS9pe5lv46Mw-Szw8RAKFKx6PJGqBTgr3w

y4mr4FeO8hxGClj1SZD4k_yTL0Bl5XPtmBoJPTwOAbbUj2zpNzX5PLyOf2mqwNI3yNu1K9K6jKUB_iy-FOj8BswFCXg1YubdtZEW9lDWQswnkY9MHMrl_TLxZ9WHXUGOR2rcekbjwzzFdfdS33zGL5V9V6EqOaWdXSjB0xdH-PCNTExErP9NeHOGQcy57hDDvt3mTtgQ7MdjFP1owco7jzetw

y4m_wrTg1t62g9fGUgImYVLNhBAp6TotcMhDDIU47SQfywJ1zNCPhaqMmZBHu5Dpd4Mb-G-9_VrcYkXB3IHVbIYHj7yRPMXuJx02QkeM5bfRJ1lxPT3voXlIshra5lVCGoKNT1H3jo6SQx9PdzWvTGfqBMDnv7gRd9clV5bVyiIWOA5BGhCZ-ZSIbb027Byq42JuZLj52YdhTaRyxsRXaSQZQ

Last edited:
finally got my HV500 servo installed. I ran into a bit of a problem, the tie rod is so high with the VP scale knuckles that my servo horn was interfering with it. The servo mount uses a 5mm and a 3mm spacer, so i moved the 5mm over and made a 7mm out of some old links to lift the whole servo up 2mm, problems solved"thumbsup"

On a side note, the HV500 runs like CRAP at 5.1V lol. Quickly reprogrammed the CCBEC to solve that, and HOLY CRAP this thing is a beast at 8.4V. I also used the HH bypass adapter for super simple installation and managed to fit it all inside the receiver box.

y4msjTTgJPqgVW8xB_VCmHE07Fb6nHSLsCIOoWqC_EHH9O9t7H_2-Fam9sXeEBTtlq-3QufisY35aCdYOdNrUSbT4mZJMDeBE06hdB9mMdQarwBLS3-3Qqxptu-fCiL7gNTYPvJFYOQcoOre0zLXzXNPeFlcJNjtWThZzhhz567yB4aPdguBBlnhzRy5AL0rQ6xoEUtqckeUky7w7amnh-Chw

y4mup-BKbrsG0UYVx9iy2MUzo6sk0KeCR2N7v5-KmbL69FXOmR3QanjE34DvWOw9UqC4guFEBWWIDzQahqCW1ErP6JZ1eKSKXk7Vb9pLhSTD9z4KI4vmW2KeQBo1j18qDsYwoyrQsJnVEPq0a1kpBU5y18ERjkW2jCZBXiMuZn-yvK9JgjH7nyYNz_Cbwl3-cPNtrdm4GvQREQenCGu77BPig

y4mcGcrykubPsIC8aHyGCM54_e2M0n3CeoFv6g2yepMzXkp6iWxsv50_EiAyHSkSipDGSLY1uUzfZ9FlwOauQZ7GP_xLBPGb9Ae4ci8NVPhBX9y3V7ZwOAZSLSD6Bpc_v2Gwiz2S6Z8m7ZvQxfeH6eYEVvkSIt1WVtPi109raHl521VcoEFPSqYBUUioFj2pq98WNhwVFtrE8Vgppn1b1q2ig

Next i painted the faux reservoirs silver. Then i took some blue 12ga wire i had and removed all the wire with the help of a little heat. then i put a 6mm set screw into the hole next to the shock mount. I was able to screw the wire sheathing onto the setscrew for a pretty secure hold, then pop the other end onto the reservoir. We shall see how it holds up

y4m0NxG4XVbrrXpbWUC23_6lhW-WlifjhkG9VG4QCcisvdvTCTSqQMaBA6REnFM7OEAmAdpTdp88bhit6lQu4BslUWy6X-GiI0r4uhS86ikcS5T-xk4adylmft4w75EWqks3cMGou_WCmf9HNCCMci_cR9k7AeNFcUHLeL-14EXuAgcB_WsmNjHYINBU0T0zSJ6nzXg3SgDsmaI-TksXRPTzQ

y4mzQVmdwigqTuKQWtmktGLk9mFekQX1oXzHxj6G04F8LiE1-iqpnZ_LWlc39C0223s3z5iJn6YCrqnnedT0JaPpG5AMnO0K4L5ZEC-7XMwqqpV-8D4ucZyJf5FJiZBPGCRoFyMkqC1_z2y3Uo-h8ykcAvB8Necm2pNAok-XSwHb6SUYqFdbMRQXhJ0_gYY83EQcPx-QMSClY8BCVpZkC1rkQ

y4msqslh3MDp7UpZyPgINLg8XPJKyb2NOaE9ZRZMg35gz45WEXlHyAfX7zVuxAAV65l858OcCJprAgaN-h3SDTndIALbYKmhlLAsIcXIqz4rU_cMeZ7rKpH1BHzZdqg2jH2jzxE2uhe-KhV_6KeMVZPbRQDSS6XCGE_ivvXMKfXgbFaPPmzVXTpZZsj9qjo3bQhlOQSNCBVBpousjr4ESaNrg

And here she sits! she moves and drives, 2 speed works perfectly. Decals are next

y4mCUgNNuHhhKjVePdK7JvrKONQ4uHxo-WtpOUIj7ce9ifFFamYYZBMAhEPiebZw7EoYUUP6Ptcm2qXlEuIlGnJ_Um8H30gy6sKp_QpmvG67RAbVD_MZcSQRrgWOngfkwA6jH12s0dVGzgfymavZfXJfQCQJKwP-qdXE4cQKlyPDO_-pPF3S_H-MqgHpTzeELH6Jxte-hr2omfIzhX-78XWig

y4mwjf8D2PElGgdO3RmDnKqf4vXdZ4X68b0Vu4s4XZH3b8GfLfqvY4YfWxK53dBCljCCAwClHZB02O0cDvqAsVP1mnAyL8BBTOkdjIxw1iERtuRQ7L2qF-__xyK23TzkHBevbHZ2C4YTbe89YqKeSkD9c4tCrdlSsyDNxTffbG8BIp11ii0E9rQqWEZlFZymnE9tsmkPt5-PZjzgqq7BJNeBg

y4miMK66l9ecYIptm8Dn_7_LQJEfS2a2BKj8lNg7QWOIgjBB0dJ2Bx0EkX1JnKVX-OQlIzsaURTy6E2whTR59TSeAtORFKHujIBMsPPKNwYjpsC-z65jh1IdJeztXXGzcLEJqpQsNZslCIqoWSHLYmWusvGTtc0GFUDJTB_5LMQAsskh2ksoJbicpGajjNOqfAyDq4HyfjX50mVA4-q5WUU1A

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful build, easily one of my favorites. You did a fantastic job on the panels. I'd look into a set of the BPC stainless skids for those F9s.

Absolutely beautiful build, easily one of my favorites. You did a fantastic job on the panels. I'd look into a set of the BPC stainless skids for those F9s.

hey thanks! I would order a set of skids today if i could figure out how to get him to take my money! lol I guess he is waiting for someone to update his webstore.

Did you have any issues with your f9 rear axle tubes locking up when tightening down the rear wheels? What lockers and what wheel hexes are you using?

Absolutely beautiful build, easily one of my favorites. You did a fantastic job on the panels.

100% agree. Turned out awesome. The color scheme is spot on. All the small details are truly seen. Shame it will get dirty so take pics now.

Did you have any issues with your f9 rear axle tubes locking up when tightening down the rear wheels? What lockers and what wheel hexes are you using?

Incision locker, stock axle shafts and vp clamping hexes. No issues at all, everything fit precise and moves freely.

100% agree. Turned out awesome. The color scheme is spot on. All the small details are truly seen. Shame it will get dirty so take pics now.

Thanks man, i appreciate the feedback. I look forward to getting her dirty, i am pretty meticulous with cleaning them up after runs, lol. I tend to get more bench time than run time. However, I was hoping to get some of those bpc skids before breaking her in, but I'm not sure i can wait.

Definitely one of the cleanest builds to date!! Really came together. Congrats on the almost finished product.

hey thanks! I would order a set of skids today if i could figure out how to get him to take my money! lol I guess he is waiting for someone to update his webstore.

Contact R/C Country Hobby in Sacramento, CA and ask for Bruce in R/C!

Also, please excuse my ignorance on this issue, but....

The SLW hub you're using. 12 mm hex on back right? In the pics with just the hubs on the axles it looks like there is very little thread to keep the wheels on. What is the trick there?

Great looking Bomber. The paint came out amazing.

Last edited:
Contact R/C Country Hobby in Sacramento, CA and ask for Bruce in R/C!

Also, please excuse my ignorance on this issue, but....

The SLW hub you're using. 12 mm hex on back right? In the pics with just the hubs on the axles it looks like there is very little thread to keep the wheels on. What is the trick there?

Great looking Bomber. The paint came out amazing.

Hey thanks! Bruce did respond to me on fb last night and expects to have them for sale on his site within a few days, so thats good news!

In all the pics that you see the SLW hubs on the axles, the nut is already installed locking the hubs on. With rockstar wheels you mount the SLW hubs first then attach the wheels to the hubs with the 6 screws, since the "hubcap" is actually part of the wheel and none of the threaded axle shaft comes through.

i hope i explained that ok, lol
sorry that part is a bit blurry here

y4mAScr0ejgkykbfvlglLeM3ljYemMK4qZgJcoZkVT-31b1aK4BASgM3p3Y00Z2ebIfWqBK9s7B9kkhnO0OTz4K1Els9J3AzZR-W91_oof0dFkCXwBHgKKaIihGk3zc38lsaIgieVk1NBJ7qUY29I5Pogg29ZbPpgYFfM3rjBphc7ZzwVVlxfmhBWVB4lsvRJKbuVN1ArrmJxV3cECUuBduog

y4mrk_alLbdZ9ZduXo9TkqKg4oXhp5s1zcUoZjWvSMJrTiZ2dT9GO72ffQwA5bwaWIPRJr7jrDWa3Opra02Frn-HpbybVsgSZhTf7Xo_T65AY8MpWvjH-SlKWdvvB3q4sAFCIKjszuDokvkeNNsNq9--G4dhR59auFExyho7PHX_TAN05HJambMP6Wzh2Qq4C24pqVY2accHikna68PmHsjvQ

Last edited:
Hey thanks! Bruce did respond to me on fb last night and expects to have them for sale on his site within a few days, so thats good news!

In all the pics that you see the SLW hubs on the axles, the nut is already installed locking the hubs on. With rockstar wheels you mount the SLW hubs first then attach the wheels to the hubs with the 6 screws, since the "hubcap" is actually part of the wheel and none of the threaded axle shaft comes through.

i hope i explained that ok, lol
sorry that part is a bit blurry here

Good to hear re: BPC!

Thanks so much for the explanation! Never used SLW hubs before. I'm guessing the nut secures the hub on all SLW and you attach the wheel to hub instead?

Lastly, any idea what SLW stands for?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I believe it means Super Light Weight.

On most SLW wheels you mount the hub to the wheel then bolt that to the axle like any other wheel, the rockstars are a bit different design.

I believe it means Super Light Weight.

On most SLW wheels you mount the hub to the wheel then bolt that to the axle like any other wheel, the rockstars are a bit different design.
Thanks again, and the truck looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back