• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bubbles 3.0

Awesome! Trails are starting to clear up, if only the rain would stop and dry out some but it's nice to be able to get out. Where did you go and how did bubbles do?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Classic Kootenai Creek, made it up about 3.5 miles or so. Bubbles was flawless running the 2spd and a 27 t motor. Only problem is my batteries are starting to show their age and are sagging hard, and cutting run times dramaticly shorter... I had cut the growlers, which really woke them up, and discovered they do not like to spin. Possible with the low gearing, and brushed motor now.

Ascender tube bed....

7fiGOIrl.jpg

d1pFH3vl.jpg

Last edited:
Post 3300!

I wasn't happy with the Axial BFG all terrains..... No suprise there. The Growlers need new foams, life soaked in water has broken them down to soft mush...

I threw some Vaterra Tsl's on my deep dish rims. Looks good imo, and squared up the sidewalls. Stupid easy mounting too.

0e6pAzQl.jpg

Last edited:
Post 3300!

I wasn't happy with the Axial BFG all terrains..... No suprise there. The Growlers need new foams, life soaked in water has broken them down to soft mush...

I threw some Vaterra Tsl's on my deep dish rims. Looks good imo, and squared up the sidewalls. Stupid easy mounting too.

Congrats! "thumbsup"

Ya, they look great, but traction in dirt, sand snow...meh. Growlers not a lot better imo, TSLs (especially the slightly smaller Vaterra flavor) are my go to tire these days. Looks awesome and love the trail pics! What ever happened to it's trailer? :)

Last edited:
Congrats! "thumbsup"

Ya, they look great, but traction in dirt, sand snow...meh. Growlers not a lot better imo, TSLs (especially the slightly smaller Vaterra flavor) are my go to tire these days. Looks awesome and love the trail pics! What ever happened to it's trailer? :)

The trailer is together, I need to finish the axle, and hang it under the aluminum frame. I am currently living in my motorhome and don't have a specific place to wrench on my rigs.... Its Killing me slowly btw.

Bubbles is getting changed again though, and updates will come soon, I hope. Turning her back into a Mud truck, and the RBK is going to my wife. I bought some Rc4wd mud thrashers in 2.2 flavor and will be putting the body back on my old chassis, with the SSD D60's.

After months of contemplating various ways to work things out, I bought a house... Just a small 2 bed 1 bath home in Caldwell ID. In this house, I have a hobby room, due to it being just my wife and I here.

I also decided I wanted a identical truck to run next to my Trail Honcho, and since the body is already cut for big tires, why not get her back on the chassis. The Trail Honcho got the fenders cut to fit the Rc4wd boggers on pro10 rims and my Rbk has vaterra Tsl's on rc4wd deep dish rims. The trail honcho will remain my "backup rig" or "guest rig" and my rbk will be setup with upgraded performance, but very similarly. I put the grey single speed back in the rig and a HH27t 540 trail master motor. I need to pick up a hobbywing 1080 for it and we will be ready to go.

JYqxfo4h.jpg

Got her out on the rocks again today...

eJ6tNyoh.jpg
\

Had fun hitting some lines I never expected to make...

j5BqS0mh.jpg

bAktqpgh.jpg

Noticed there were some issues with clearance due to the massive front bumper.... So somthing a little slimmer is on the way...

Did you buy that rear cage or did you make it? I like it a lot!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in your thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And she is up to date....

The last trail run two weeks ago....

The fluorescent yellow tube contains my long marine antenna.

YrNz7LDh.jpg

ihyVzKSh.jpg

YsWYJhNh.jpg

Since this last run, we have been stuck with snow almost every day, and single digit temperatures with wind...... So until next time gentlemen.....

(I use that term loosely)

Hey man, where did you get your antenna at? My antenna came off on my TRX4 and I can't stand that at about 20ft distance it cuts in/out bad. How hard was it to replace the original one? Thanks in advance!

Hey man, where did you get your antenna at? My antenna came off on my TRX4 and I can't stand that at about 20ft distance it cuts in/out bad. How hard was it to replace the original one? Thanks in advance!

I use spectrum Radios and Receivers. The Rx in Bubbles is a Marine 4 ch linked to my Dx5 rugged. The Marine rx's have long, about 24" long antennas to minimize surface reflection on the water. The antenna tube I got at my lhs for $0.60, they have quite the assortment of colors.

Tbh I hate antennas, because of what you describe. There is a certain length of antenna needed for the wavelength of 2.4Gz I can't remember it off the top of my head. But a google search should bring something up, and minor soldering skills are needed to bring the rx back.

Last edited:
I use spectrum Radios and Receivers. The Rx in Bubbles is a Marine 4 ch linked to my Dx5 rugged. The Marine rx's have long, about 24" long antennas to minimize surface reflection on the water. The antenna tube I got at my lhs for $0.60, they have quite the assortment of colors.

Tbh I hate antennas, because of what you describe. There is a certain length of antenna needed for the wavelength of 2.4Gz I can't remember it off the top of my head. But a google search should bring something up, and minor soldering skills are needed to bring the rx back.

Hey thanks for the reply! I have the stock antenna still so I am going to try and solder it back together before I get a new RX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back