• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bomber Aluminum Panels from Barndog Racing

Barndog Racing,

Is there any way that your shorty side panels can be mounted inside the cage? I want to run your shorty side panels, rear firewall panel and hood on my BGR Bomber build here in the next month.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

I would be interested in this. They would look awesome naked or powder coated a color to make the bars pop.

Hey guys I don't know if the BGR chassis is flat on the inside but the plastic Bomber cage isn't it has a couple bars that kick inwards to keep the outside flat.If you have a BGR look at it and let me know it mat be made a little different.

Hey guys I don't know if the BGR chassis is flat on the inside but the plastic Bomber cage isn't it has a couple bars that kick inwards to keep the outside flat.If you have a BGR look at it and let me know it mat be made a little different.

I'm at work and I don't have my Bomber with me (that's why work sucks) to verify. I don't recall anything on the sides that wouldn't allow internal panels. Roof and hood couldn't be internal. Your roof and hood panels look bad ass how they are now (sides do too).

Hell, I'll hack the cage to get the look.

I was just asking as a though, I need to look at my Bomber, I haven't looked to see if it was possible yet. I'll just mount them on the outside, without a roof, and with the hood.

Hey guys get back to me on the inside of the BGR if it is flat on the inside and if you are going to grind the inside down I can look at doing them."thumbsup"

Here is a mock up I was messing with last night on inside panels.

48d3418b6cddf9a27aa9800cf90e8ff7.jpg

Last edited:
Brandon,
Not jacking your thread. Just showing of your awesome panels. "thumbsup""thumbsup" Love how these are turning out. BIG thanks for the precise cut and bends.

Barndog%20Panels%20004_zpswto3vz2b.jpg

I made the step inthe back shock are so i could get the bolt out when i tune my suspension.

Barndog%20Panels%20005_zpsoaroliwf.jpg

Battery box is super rigid bolted together

Barndog%20Panels%20001_zpsymekn1bx.jpg

Need to put a bend in the rear panel still to follow the lines of the light bar.

Barndog%20Panels%20003_zpsgq50hsi8.jpg

And my biggest time consumer, the roof panel cuts around my light bar cage. Wholly cow was this a PITA. No way around it though. Would do the cuts differently around the outer light bar cage bars but i'll do that next time. I did my best to follow the cage lines in the front. Again, would do it differently next time.

Barndog%20Panels%20002_zpsqrqdhpqz.jpg

61E23376-C5AE-40B4-809C-3771BD63FE98_zpszc14gppf.jpg

Looks damn good to me Mike! I love how the battery box turned out too! Can't wait to see pics of it when you're done!

It's great to see you make the panels work on the inside. Those look fantastic!

I'll place my order for them this weekend.

After a very long day at work today I came home to these...

Love how these inside panels turned out Barndog!!! "thumbsup"

Back