• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bender's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Will those hubs fit axial stock wheels?
What is a good option if i want the wider stance without spending the huge money for the whole wheel set? Thanks:)

This pic makes me feel a lot better about having some high clearance knuckles on the way. I wasn't sure if my drag link was going to clear the tie rod but it looks like the tie rod isn't raised all that much if you put it under the knuckle arms vs. on top of standard knuckles.

Did you have some clearance issues with the drag link mounted on the front of the servo arm, or was it purely preference to put it behind?

You have way more articulation than my curries, unreal!

Will those hubs fit axial stock wheels?
What is a good option if i want the wider stance without spending the huge money for the whole wheel set? Thanks:)

The hubs won't work with the stock wheels. You may be able to find some wheel wideners to widen your stance. 8)

You have way more articulation than my curries, unreal!

I removed the rubber bump stops from my stocks for a little more travel. "thumbsup"

I used hot racing extenders for the wheelie king axle to widen it
null_zpsae6b1b2b.jpg

It looks good but your wheels move a little while turning instead of just turning in place

Hey Fred, I'm working on mine now and was going to put on a swaybar. Do you have to use the 30781 front swaybar on the rear of the SCX10 or will the 30782 rear swaybar work on the rear also? Are they different lengths?

I have moved my rear axle back so if the front swaybar is shorter I will have to use that but if the rear is shorter that may work better for me.

Hey Fred, I'm working on mine now and was going to put on a swaybar. Do you have to use the 30781 front swaybar on the rear of the SCX10 or will the 30782 rear swaybar work on the rear also? Are they different lengths?

I have moved my rear axle back so if the front swaybar is shorter I will have to use that but if the rear is shorter that may work better for me.

Hey Chris, the rear Wraith swaybar has shorter arms than the front. I am using the front arms on the rear axle, for the extra reach. If you moved your axle back from stock, you should be good with the shorter arms. "thumbsup"

Hey Chris, the rear Wraith swaybar has shorter arms than the front. I am using the front arms on the rear axle, for the extra reach. If you moved your axle back from stock, you should be good with the shorter arms. "thumbsup"

Awesome info! Thanks a bunch my friend. The rear axle is moved back 3/8" so I will order the rear swaybar set.

Can you believe Home Depot doesn't have these screws. They also ask for the size. Width or diameter. What is the size. I know I need 1" n 3/4" but thickness

Can you believe Home Depot doesn't have these screws. They also ask for the size. Width or diameter. What is the size. I know I need 1" n 3/4" but thickness

Which screws are you inquiring about? Almost all the hardware on this build is M3. 8)

Nice choice of music for the videos, greatest band ever.

Thanks! "thumbsup"

Which screws are you inquiring about? Almost all the hardware on this build is M3. 8)

the screws to move the battery up front! home depot had nothing!

M3 is the thickness of the screw M being metric, the length will always be in "mm" for the metric screw sizes we're dealing with such as: M3x20mm there is also sometimes a third number such as .5 for the screw head size. In Home depot these small screws are specialty, and can usually be found in the hardware screw aisle in the pullout drawers

the screws to move the battery up front! home depot had nothing!

I had some spares laying around. I am not sure on the length though, as I don't have the rig in front of me. You can order metric hardware online, or check your local hobby shop. I have also found metric hardware at Ace hardware as well.

M3 is the thickness of the screw M being metric, the length will always be in "mm" for the metric screw sizes we're dealing with such as: M3x20mm there is also sometimes a third number such as .5 for the screw head size. In Home depot these small screws are specialty, and can usually be found in the hardware screw aisle in the pullout drawers

All correct except for the .5, which refers to the thread pitch, not screw head size. An M3x.5x20mm screw will measure 3mm in diameter, with a .5 pitch, and an overall length of 20mm. "thumbsup"

The flat black paint is on the oustide of the body. Basically, to paint the outside of the body flat black, or parts of the body flat black. I cut the over spray film and use that as my mask on the outside. So, to paint the interior flat black, I cut the over spray film with an X-acto knife around the interior and peeled the over spray film off the interior area only. Then, spray black on the outside, and peel the rest of the over spray film away after the paint has dried. "thumbsup"

It's been said here before and I'll say it again - you do amazing work! I seriously watch the video a few times a week if not more :)

I had been wondering about the flat black as well so thank you for the info. Quick question, what paint brand/color did you use exactly? I figure it's the Tamyia flat black but wanted to ask for sure.

Again thanks for the amazing build/videos!

It's been said here before and I'll say it again - you do amazing work! I seriously watch the video a few times a week if not more :)

I had been wondering about the flat black as well so thank you for the info. Quick question, what paint brand/color did you use exactly? I figure it's the Tamyia flat black but wanted to ask for sure.

Again thanks for the amazing build/videos!

Thanks! "thumbsup"

The paint on the inner fenders was just black Lexan paint, can't remember if it was Tamiya or Pactra paint though. Either one should work fine. I also scuffed the inner fenders with fine sandpaper first to help the paint stick better. 8)

so what does the rear sway bar set up help do exactly .. and any better pics of said set up .. jeep looks killer

so what does the rear sway bar set up help do exactly .. and any better pics of said set up .. jeep looks killer

Thanks!

The rear sway bar is just for looks, it isn't functional. I cut the bar that ties the the sway bars ends together, so it doesn't limit travel at all. Sway bars do help eliminate torque twist, but usually limit articulation more than wanted for a crawler. They are definitely more beneficial on high speed vehicles. "thumbsup"

got ya ... thanks for the info ... im always looking for more angle out the rear end without going to that relocation kit again .. made the car so flimsy

Back