• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bender's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

I agree, the wide stance looks sweet!

It will probably be a big improvement on side hill stability too "thumbsup"

It does help on the side hills for sure. "thumbsup"

Bender, saw your video the other day, glad I found this thread since I was going to ask questions in the YouTube comments lol. Sweet rig man, keep up the great videos!

Thanks! 8)

For comparison, do you know which size is closest to the OEM Walker Evans spacing?

I don't off hand, but they are probably going to be one of the narrowest they make. "thumbsup"

Hey Bender, how did you get the 4-link mount to work up front with the servo mount? Are you just using the 2 mounts on the axle, wraith style?

The 4 plastic link, and upper links, fit with the servo in the stock location, no mods needed. "thumbsup"

We gotcha covered B, just need your shipping address. "thumbsup"

Dinky R/C's Headlight Bucket Kit

Nice!

i shouldnt like jeep builds as it goes against my nature but i do like this.

C'mon, you know you want one. ;-)

Installed some Vanquish beefy bling on the SCX10-JK. Got to get out and shoot some video now! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 820824_472766212758746_1748734646_o.jpg
    820824_472766212758746_1748734646_o.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 10,663
Hi Bender,

I ve read your blog about the bodywork on the jeep rubicon with hardtop and i didnt really understand the part how to make the top and interior matte black. Is it possible to do the whole body like that? So do you paint it inside or outside?

Hi Bender,

I ve read your blog about the bodywork on the jeep rubicon with hardtop and i didnt really understand the part how to make the top and interior matte black. Is it possible to do the whole body like that? So do you paint it inside or outside?

The flat black paint is on the oustide of the body. Basically, to paint the outside of the body flat black, or parts of the body flat black. I cut the over spray film and use that as my mask on the outside. So, to paint the interior flat black, I cut the over spray film with an X-acto knife around the interior and peeled the over spray film off the interior area only. Then, spray black on the outside, and peel the rest of the over spray film away after the paint has dried. "thumbsup"

Cool! I ve always avoided doing that since I was scared that it ll scratch easily after the car rolling or catching a stone...any experience with that?

Cool! I ve always avoided doing that since I was scared that it ll scratch easily after the car rolling or catching a stone...any experience with that?

The paint can scrape off if it is in an area prone to rock rash. The interior tray will be fine since it doesn't see any exposure to rocks. 8)

The paint can scrape off if it is in an area prone to rock rash. The interior tray will be fine since it doesn't see any exposure to rocks. 8)

On mine I painted the inside black also so it is less noticeable when the flat black exterior is scraped.

Im really liking where this is going and the video is AWESOME!!! This makes me want my kit even more but I guess I have to patiently wait to next month!!:banghead:

Yeah great job! Now i cant wait for my upgrades to come and build on mine...unfortunately everything is so expensive and i gotta buy it step by step...

Rims ordered,tyres ordered and new shocks are on the way also

Yeah great job! Now i cant wait for my upgrades to come and build on mine...unfortunately everything is so expensive and i gotta buy it step by step...

Rims ordered,tyres ordered and new shocks are on the way also

Thanks!

Made a set of extended rock sliders out of the stockers to match the length of the Rubicon Unlimited body. "thumbsup"

Rock-sliders-008.jpg

Link to article:
Axial Racing - Custom Rock Sliders

Yeah I read that article this morning after I saw the post on facebook. I have the 110mm kings piggybacks in at the moment but i wasnt satisfied with the performance due to the high CG. Got the 85mm g made xd now.car sits a bit lower at performs alright. I will post some pictures later.

These 1.9 Maxxis Trepador tires are awesome!!

I really liked 'em too till I put on som pitbull rock beasts... they have way better lateral traction (IMO) For a stock tire though the Trepadors are great performers. Looks Like you got a sweet spot to run your truck too!!! I have a hard time finding good spots where I live.

Back