• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build

Holy Smokes, that looks perfect!

Damn - especially the winch detailing.

Wonder if I can get close to that with a damn brush...:lmao:

Big thanks durok!!"thumbsup"

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that thought it looked good!:)

Another GK Kit build sometime in the future. Just picked these up today at Amain's Annual Inventory Reduction Sale.

Not sure yet what this new kit build will be, but I figured I better get another kit before this great deal is gone forever!

Amain.jpg

Another GK Kit build sometime in the future. Just picked these up today at Amain's Annual Inventory Reduction Sale.

Not sure yet what this new kit build will be, but I figured I better get another kit before this great deal is gone forever!

View attachment 400336

awesome build B-Mow.... Thanks for your thread I also placed my GK order before its too late. I cant believe I almost went and got the RTR ... I would have really missed out on all the goodies of the GK Kit."thumbsup"

Seriously, it's such a good deal for a baseline kit. I've got 2 waiting to be used on projects. I'm pretty tempted to get another one for hard body usage.

View attachment 400336
Hey I can't be the only one to have figured this out, hoping you have some insight.

The element ifs is designed to fit a stabilizer bar. Problem is I don't know what kit. I picked up a kit from something team associated, info I got off another thread here, member came up with a simple way to mount to the rear axle as an experiment. But the sway bars are slightly too wide for an easy direct fit I THINK. But the ifs front end is designed perfectly for one. Bar through front of dif housing, links to the control arms on the back sides.

What are you thoughts or maybe you've seen it done here and I haven't found it yet?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

awesome build B-Mow.... Thanks for your thread I also placed my GK order before its too late. I cant believe I almost went and got the RTR ... I would have really missed out on all the goodies of the GK Kit."thumbsup"

Thanks Speedy!"thumbsup"

Great to hear you bought the GK Kit! This kit does come with all the cool goodies at a great price!:)

Seriously, it's such a good deal for a baseline kit. I've got 2 waiting to be used on projects. I'm pretty tempted to get another one for hard body usage.

It sure is! I've also been thinking about a hard body build on my new kit. I was thinking either the RC4WD 4 door Mojave II or the 1987 Toyota Extra Cab. Decisions!

Hey I can't be the only one to have figured this out, hoping you have some insight.

The element ifs is designed to fit a stabilizer bar. Problem is I don't know what kit. I picked up a kit from something team associated, info I got off another thread here, member came up with a simple way to mount to the rear axle as an experiment. But the sway bars are slightly too wide for an easy direct fit I THINK. But the ifs front end is designed perfectly for one. Bar through front of dif housing, links to the control arms on the back sides.

What are you thoughts or maybe you've seen it done here and I haven't found it yet?

I did notice the tabs on the diff case that looked like a place to attach a sway bar. I don't think I have ever heard of or seen a kit that was designed for it, which is odd. I'm sure Element put them sway bar tabs there for a reason.

So now that you have me curious and wanting to know, I asked this question on Fakebook on the Element RC Enduro page. We'll see what kind of answers I'll get from there! Never know who or what will respond or if I'll get banned from existing for asking such a question!:lmao:

The element ifs is designed to fit a stabilizer bar.

Ok, ask and ye shall receive! Aaron Lane who was/is the leading designer of the Enduro answered the question. Jay Kendall from SOR Racing also knows a thing or two about the Enduro platform.

Looks like the RC10B74 sway bar will work with some tweaking. I'm guessing Element never made a sway bar kit for the IFS.

So not sure how easy this would be, but maybe worth a shot.

FB.jpg

Sway Bars.jpg

Ok, ask and ye shall receive! Aaron Lane who was/is the leading designer of the Enduro answered the question. Jay Kendall from SOR Racing also knows a thing or two about the Enduro platform.

Looks like the RC10B74 sway bar will work with some tweaking. I'm guessing Element never made a sway bar kit for the IFS.

So not sure how easy this would be, but maybe worth a shot.

View attachment 400356

View attachment 400355
I'll get parts ordered and keep your updated. Thanks. Got a hard body project that this would be good for if it works. If it works well might be something to try on this build for you.

Last edited:
I'll get parts ordered and keep your updated. Thanks. Got a hard body project that this would be good for if it works. If it works well might be something to try on this build for you.

Awesome, thanks! Adding the sway bar to the front is definitely something I'd like to try. I never really thought about adding it until you brought it up!"thumbsup"

This is the set up I found and have parts for already. I'm going to do a test fit with it tonight since I already have the ifs apart to install the aluminum housing. Placing order tonight too that will have that other swaybar kit that they told you.
08df0321326844e23293727eda9ac05b.jpg

Quick info, the kit I have is "discontinued" but would also work with a little minor tweaking. So I'm guessing their recommendation should work ok

This is the set up I found and have parts for already. I'm going to do a test fit with it tonight since I already have the ifs apart to install the aluminum housing. Placing order tonight too that will have that other swaybar kit that they told you.

Quick info, the kit I have is "discontinued" but would also work with a little minor tweaking. So I'm guessing their recommendation should work ok

Ok, great! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I'm at a stand still on both of these builds at the moment so I figured I'd do a side-by-side comparison of these two rigs. Both started out as a Gatekeeper Builders Kit and then they both took completely different paths. I just shows how versatile this kit is and how it can be used to make many different types of trail or competitive rigs.

Still left to do on the GK-Knightrunner is install and wire up the lights and come up with a plan for the interior. I have and may print out the Knight Customs 3D print interior or go the cheap way out and order an eBay cheapy lexan interior.

On the GK-Ecto all I have left to do is get it out on the rocks and test it. Still waiting and debating on getting a clear Ecto body if and when they become available again. I may just keep this Power Wagon body on here. After adding all of the details, it really has grown on me!:)

Enjoy the side-by-side pics:

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_8841.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

IMG_8851.jpg

IMG_8852.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8844.jpg

IMG_8845.jpg

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8847.jpg

IMG_8848.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8850.jpg

Last edited:
They both look great, Brian. My only 'complaint' it's that the Toyota body isn't blue. [emoji854][emoji1688]

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

They both look great, Brian. My only 'complaint' it's that the Toyota body isn't blue. [emoji854][emoji1688]

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thanks Panther! Appreciate!"thumbsup"

I know, my original plan was to go with the VooDoo Blue. I love that color, but ended up making a tiny version of my 1:1 Tacoma in the Red Impulse Pearl flavor.:)

B-mow

Cleaning up spares from GK build and find this.

Man element is up to something there and they ain't sharing lol.

Yes, that is an anti roll bar mount that is molded to be mounted where the stock battery tray would fit. Thus front OR rear, reversing the bar orientation vs axle/links.
fde6e0dcf3df518d750eddb3fb3f7b81.jpg

those are indeed some well polished builds. Your attention to detail shines through your work. I took out the first Element i built yesterday. It runs a 1080 and Holmes Crawlmaster Sport. Its such a fun rig on 3s. Its so quiet and smooth. Total zen...

I'm at a stand still on both of these builds at the moment so I figured I'd do a side-by-side comparison of these two rigs. Both started out as a Gatekeeper Builders Kit and then they both took completely different paths. I just shows how versatile this kit is and how it can be used to make many different types of trail or competitive rigs.

Still left to do on the GK-Knightrunner is install and wire up the lights and come up with a plan for the interior. I have and may print out the Knight Customs 3D print interior or go the cheap way out and order an eBay cheapy lexan interior.

On the GK-Ecto all I have left to do is get it out on the rocks and test it. Still waiting and debating on getting a clear Ecto body if and when they become available again. I may just keep this Power Wagon body on here. After adding all of the details, it really has grown on me!:)

Enjoy the side-by-side pics:

View attachment 400401

View attachment 400402

View attachment 400403

View attachment 400404

View attachment 400405

View attachment 400406

View attachment 400407

View attachment 400408

View attachment 400409

View attachment 400410

View attachment 400411

View attachment 400412

View attachment 400413

View attachment 400414

Ok this post made it past me, probably because we were getting ready to go camping for the weekend.

Damn those came out beautiful!!! So clean down to every detail. Getting lexan bodies to come out that nice is a skilled art not many have mastered but damn you have it down!

B-mow

Cleaning up spares from GK build and find this.

Man element is up to something there and they ain't sharing lol.

Yes, that is an anti roll bar mount that is molded to be mounted where the stock battery tray would fit. Thus front OR rear, reversing the bar orientation vs axle/links.

You know I saw them in both of my kits, but had no idea what they were, so I threw them in my spare parts bin. I'll have to pull them back out and take a closer look at them.

Glad you was able to figure it out! I'm surprised Element didn't mention it somewhere!

those are indeed some well polished builds. Your attention to detail shines through your work. I took out the first Element i built yesterday. It runs a 1080 and Holmes Crawlmaster Sport. Its such a fun rig on 3s. Its so quiet and smooth. Total zen...

Much appreciated smog!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Nice! I'll have to check out your vid of it when you get it up.

I know what you mean about zen! That's one of the main reasons why I love the Elements, so smooth and quiet!

I joined that Facebook page to see what people are doing (groups have more people than here, so more cool builds to see) and decided to ask about them. They allow you to install the swaybar using the normal 4 link. I'm going to give it a go tonight see what I come up with. Maybe new ideas for your next build.

Your totally right, element manuals don't mention them at all.

Back