• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build

Here are the rest of the pics of the interior installed.

I forgot to mention that the driver figure is the Tamiya Wild Willy driver. Instead of using the Wild Willy huge head, I used the Tamiya Bruiser driver figure head with helmet. The Wild Willy helmet just looked too big inside the PW cab. I was worried that the Bruiser head would be too small on the Wild Willy body, but I think it fits the size well.

IMG_9239 (2).jpg

IMG_9240 (2).jpg

IMG_9241 (2).jpg

IMG_9243 (2).jpg

IMG_9244 (2).jpg

IMG_9245 (2).jpg

IMG_9246 (2).jpg

Brian, don't feel 'bad' about having to "chop up" the driver. With each of my 'themed' vehicles, I've had to slice, dice, and Dremel those figures...sometimes into as many as 12 pieces...and then glue/epoxy them into place, piece-by-piece. With the roof I'm currently working on (VS4-10 Phoenix), I was lucky enough to have to Dremel out the backsides of the figures, purely for weight-savings...but, with that Stormtrooper Capra I did, each of the two were ok in a dozen pieces (not counting their firearms). Yours might have been an "attempted shark meal", but it looks fantastic. [emoji1688]

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

good looking rig... the stance is great on the last picture ... always truly inspiring with your ideas and great scale photography.

Last edited:
Brian, don't feel 'bad' about having to "chop up" the driver. With each of my 'themed' vehicles, I've had to slice, dice, and Dremel those figures...sometimes into as many as 12 pieces...and then glue/epoxy them into place, piece-by-piece. With the roof I'm currently working on (VS4-10 Phoenix), I was lucky enough to have to Dremel out the backsides of the figures, purely for weight-savings...but, with that Stormtrooper Capra I did, each of the two were ok in a dozen pieces (not counting their firearms). Yours might have been an "attempted shark meal", but it looks fantastic. [emoji1688]

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Yeah I find it fun to try and make stuff fit and work around things. It took awhile to figure out how much to cut out of the seat to fit around the trans and then how much to amputate on the driver. Not sure how he would score in SORRCA points since he's missing much of his right side!:ror:

Thanks Panther!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

good looking rig... the stance is great on the last picture ... always truly inspiring with your ideas and great scale photography.

Thanks Speedy!"thumbsup" Appreciate it!

Yeah, the stance I'm happy with! I think it looks perfect!

Took the GK-Ecto out on the rocks in the backyard for a quick test run. Super smooth, stealthy silent and just flows over the rocks! Really looking forward to getting it out on some real rocky terrain to get a better feel on how it will perform.

Photo dump below:

IMG_9772.jpg

IMG_9777.jpg

IMG_9775.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

IMG_9788.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

Looks awesome. You reminded me that I need to buy that antenna!

Thanks Goro!

Get that antenna ordered!;-) I just placed an order for another antenna for the FJ Cruiser. It's on its way and should be here shortly!:)

Way too nice to be beating up on the rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe that it has been over a year since the GK-Ecto has seen any action or that this thread has had an update.:roll: Where did the time go!!

So, I Finally got this rig out on some real rocks. I took it this past Saturday to a local event about 30 minutes from home.

The 1st annual RC River Cliff Trails 2023 Turkey Crawl. A group of veteran RC’ers spent the summer preparing a nice piece of land near the Mt. Gilead State Park. They put in a ton of work to make rock trails and different types of obstacles to drive on. It was cool to see Operation 11 Charlie there with there booth setup in support of our military veterans.

It is a really cool place with a ton of potential for the future. So much land to add more adventures in the future. I'm looking forward to their next event when they announce it.

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

It's been awhile! Life has been busy and haven't had much time to post updates.

Since my last post, I have taken the Ecto out for a spin. Went to Delaware Dam here in Ohio early this year in February. Weather was surprisingly nice, so I took advantage of it. Always fun to drive this rig. It is so stable and capable and is always enjoyable to drive.

IMG_3946.jpgIMG_3950.jpgIMG_3967.jpg

When I had it out last I did notice that the rear shocks were spewing oil all over the trailing arms. So I figured I'd do a full shock rebuild and try a different weight shock fluid. The original 40wt oil seemed to be light and made the suspension flop around more than I like.

I replaced the 40wt oil with some Factory Team 60wt (800 cst) fluid. The shocks feel much better now with the heavier oil and has slowed down the suspension flex. I feel this will work much better on the rocks.

While I had the tires off, I replaced the stock Canyon Trail fo

IMG_5027.jpgIMG_5029.jpgIMG_5045.jpgIMG_5046.jpg

Back