• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Anyone using the Hobbywing QUICRun WP 1080 ESC?

FX-R is way smaller. It's about 2/3 the 1080. I just put them side by side on my bench. Other than size nothing about the FX-R is worth the extra money over the 1080. If you can make a 1080 fit get two. You'll want another down the line eventually. Might as well save on shipping...

Hi guys is anyone using the 1080 with nimh batteries? I purchased one recently and even after I disable the lvc for some reson under load the esc cuts out. Anyone else has ths problem?

Hi guys 1st time poster many years lurker i've learnt alot through reading here ive built myself a nice cms kit and other bits n bobs for my cliched to hell scx10 hilux. I need some advice with calibration with this esc I cant for the life of me get the throttle to work with my ax3 radio but it works fine with a early 2000s fm radio? Thanks in advance. I'm new to this so if i'm in the wrong section let me know.

Hey magic yeti thanks for the link yea have tried reversing it and no go I get steering tho lol and what features? its the crappy rtr axial radio. duno if this helps butt last time I was running it the motor ran out of brushes and then the esc cought fire but surely it cant have hurt the rx

Yeap its poked:( righto so do I bother try and get a receiver for it or just flag that and get something else. what other receivers are compatible with the axial ax3? I tried my mates spare fly sky and nope no bind

Dumb question, Can you still connect the program card and change the settings if the red wire isn't being used for the power ? (Its disconnected cuz I'm using a BEC)

Dumb question, Can you still connect the program card and change the settings if the red wire isn't being used for the power ? (Its disconnected cuz I'm using a BEC)

Plug your BEC plug that normally goes into the RX into the power spot on the programmer. I'm pretty sure that's what I did. Been a while....

Has anyone tried 4S on one of these yet...be handy to know. Thinking one of these with a 21T 550 Titan....

Yes I understand that, but like the castle sidewinder...that says 2s-3s as well yet there is a thread here that says they run on 4S....

Yes I understand that, but like the castle sidewinder...that says 2s-3s as well yet there is a thread here that says they run on 4S....
I think I see what you're referring to but I would say a Castle Sidewinder =/= HW 1080. The Castle ESC also require you to use old firmware and the 1080 of course doesn't have anything like Castle Link. While it does have a max of 9 cell NiMh which is more than a 3S, it could have some protection where it won't arm from 4S, or it could just release the magic pixie dust soon after you plug one in.

I think I see what you're referring to but I would say a Castle Sidewinder =/= HW 1080. The Castle ESC also require you to use old firmware and the 1080 of course doesn't have anything like Castle Link. While it does have a max of 9 cell NiMh which is more than a 3S, it could have some protection where it won't arm from 4S, or it could just release the magic pixie dust soon after you plug one in.

What can you do with a Castle link that you can't do with the hobbywing programing card?

I was using it as an example. It's like overclocking with computers...you can run cpu Northridge ram etc completely overspec...some cope some don't.. .usually there is always someone who is pushing the limits of stuff...:)

Back