• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A Remedy found...

reminds me alot of my ol SA haha

looks to be your smoothest rig so far judgin from the vids! i may be sold on a similar combo...think im diggin this over ytown

looks to be your smoothest rig so far judgin from the vids! i may be sold on a similar combo...think im diggin this over ytown

Holy Crap, where have you been stranger???

Make sure to stop at PURPMART for all your tire needs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady's and gentleman, we have the man, the myth, the legend... The crawler extraordinar.. Right here on my build thread!

He can take a stock XR chassis, make some links, add a punk dig and a dx3r knock the dust off of it(at the start gate) and rival the top Crawlers in the tristate area...... Eric Hildebrandt! Lmao.....

What up brutha! Ya dam prodigy..

Good to see you hitting the forum again! Now we are just missing gatekeeper, nabil and a "few" others... ;)

Thanks mang! Lovin the Remedy! Can't wait for you to get back on the rocks and train with ya.. Let's get you a rig built!

Purp, that's my job, to push PURPMART! For All your crawler needs... :ror:

I have never really understood why you grind your axle shafts like you do. I can get 68* with just the grinding of the insides of the ears and even when I reach that angle, its still the insides of the ears that make contact, not the rest of the ear.

Every once in awhile the Wraith shafts will bind on the ends of the ears if you try and take them to 90* in your hands but its so mild that I can just toss them in the lathe and run them and they self clearance (youre just as good if you put them in your car and let them work themselves out). Its only the Wraith shafts too, XR's dont do it. Either way, I dont think its worth grinding them like you do just to loose all that strength. Seems like you dont have much issue so I have never said anything. That said, I agree with what you said above though too.... I dont think grinding was the issue, I think it was Axials quality that did you in.

You should move to at least an OFNA inner shaft. Much, much, much stronger shafts than the Axial, no crazy slop and better design too. The Axial shaft needs a lot of improvement IMO.

Simple answer.. I like the way the super 300 HD's looked, when I started modding my uni's.. Haven't had one break, so I just keep at it.. Lol..

I'll relax off of it, next time I do some.. [emoji106]

Like tonight, when Hopefully, I get home and the shafts from Ovalman are sitting there waiting for me!

Simple answer.. I like the way the super 300 HD's looked, when I started modding my uni's.. Haven't had one break, so I just keep at it.. Lol..

I'll relax off of it, next time I do some.. [emoji106]

Like tonight, when Hopefully, I get home and the shafts from Ovalman are sitting there waiting for me!

Hopefully tonight what I get to your state you don't forget my box of goods like you usually do ;)

Wheeling and dealin ejuice on the RC forum. Lol! Mr. Hildy, it's good to hear from you! Now go back on vacation because I'm enjoying having a shot at 3rd when 4 people show up. Lol! Hope to see you soon!

Hopefully tonight what I get to your state you don't forget my box of goods like you usually do ;)

Huh.. What goods!? ;)

PURPMART, for all You Crawlers needs!
I need a personal back scratcher, for the NENC.. (While your "delivering" goods with you) :)

Thanks Purp, your a back saver!

New shafts in and ready to load up!
59452bffa7b8c82fab98d0c820db4384.jpg

After pulling the long side stub shaft, for the new shafts, I realized I would of had real big problem this weekend!
7edb933120e109cd7432000c8f1172d0.jpg

Thanks axial!

So I grabbed the dremel and did some work..
Then grabbed a broke axle shaft and a old cut down one, out of my mini..
Quick trip to the weld shop... Spares!!!
7ae3d6448e7d86cb01e8afcfa549fabd.jpg

Comp time!

DuuuuuuuuuuuDe. WTH? three outings....three axles. HAve you tried not grinding them????

Back