• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

Indeed no problems here besides toasting the old motor, i did a poor mans locker (jb weld) and it's goin great also packed the axles and trans with grease help keep the bearings alive for a bit

Borrowed my slash vxl setup and man that woke it up :shock:

10614101_954384637914911_1628039048143790993_n.jpg

I just bought a takeout AE5 axial esc from ebay for $25. Should make a fine esc and waterproof too. Price is right if you aren't running brushless or need all of the fine control of the high dollar units.

I like my ae5. Works great and haven't had a single issue with. Works way better than a couple high dollar units I have.

The AE5 is lipo ready too, used to run the buzzer but it is annoying and sometimes my 7 y/o didn't hear it.....not sure how.....no worries now.

Well the diffs didn't last so got to do poor mans locker with jb weld and also the front drive shaft snapped guess it couldn't handle the vxl

Coulda told ya that, but you never asked. :mrgreen:
Spend the $15 on a pair of iron crosses and get ya some MIP CVD's "thumbsup"
Then you can worry about blasting the spur gear :ror:

Yea i was just waiting for parts to break just not sure if i'm gonna spend any money on it, really trying to get out of the hobby for awhile but doesn't seem to be going to well lol

Brand new here, been into the hobby for 25 years. First time buying a crawler. This thread is awesome! Just ordered an E10, pair of Axial AX30500 and pair of AX80002 off EBAY. $156.42 well spent. Cant wait to get it and start playing. Thanks to everyone in this tread for the great information. I do have one question, i'd like to go with a better motor. What can the stock ESC handle?

I've run 2s and a 20T on mine. Heard of guy's running 3s Lipos, but I wouldn't recommend it. Get a BEC while you're at it. I run a 35T and Nimh in my daughters E10 and it works great. Stock gearing, decent wheel speed (for a crawler) and 45 minute+ run times.

Last edited:
Back