• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3D Printers and Printing

I was unable to see why slicer was having issues and I tried to do the next print from cura and was having the same issues. So I grabbed a small level to see if the printer itself was even level. The x axis way wayyyy off so I checked the base of the printer itself and got it level then the sides and top. Once I get the x axis level I adjusted the print bed using a piece of paper and got it to where there was some resistance from the paper, but it would still slide over it.

With the printer readjusted I tried doing the next print and again had the same issue! So I stopped the print and homed the printer only to realize the print bed was to low. So after adjusting the print bed again I retried the print and its working great!

5979ab9e10bfbfdf4079e9f8c1be8a09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone use one of these. I know they are made for kids, but looks like something that would be useful for small prints.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/creality-3d-cr100-junior-3d-printer-blue-3dp-1006-blue/p966421

That's hilarious because it looks like Optimus Prime! :lmao:

3dp-1007-red.jpg

If I was going with a small, Creality printer it would be the Ender 3. You know it's got a huge following and lots of support. I don't know for sure, but that kid version might be dumbed down somehow.

https://www.creality3d.shop/collections/ender-series-3d-printer

need some help have a monoprice printer and have cura 4.1 but now if I slice and save to sd card it says cannote save axcess denied

I just installed the Bigtreetech SKR board on my Ender 3. I had no idea that the stepper motors could be so quiet, or that my fans were that loud.

Last edited:
I really like the CastleLink, but don't really care for heat-shrunk board. So, I made a case for it...

The shrink wrap is removed, and the Link module slides in and get locked into place. The only down side, you have to destroy the case to get the module out, but it should never need removing (unless you don't like the color you printed the case in).

For printing, recommend using a raft and supports, and printing it vertically, narrow side down.

Untitled by Scott O, on Flickr

If you are interested, here is the STL:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4165708

Practically the bulk of the planet is stuck inside. 3D printing nerds are hammering any source of STLs.

The ability to disable the infinite scroll seems to not work anymore. That helped before.

Thats awesome! I was thinking about doing the same thing a month back, I think i'll print out yours instead. Thanks!

The design that is posted now is only for the original, if you have the V3 it will not work, they are not the same size. I am tinkering with the idea of getting a V3 so I can make a case for it as well.

Okay I missed that part, I could give you some dimensions of the V3 if you wanted.

the LED is in a different spot too it seems

Oh and if you want a V3 i have multiple coupons for them, send me a PM if you need one.

Last edited:
Okay I missed that part, I could give you some dimensions of the V3 if you wanted.

the LED is in a different spot too it seems

Oh and if you want a V3 i have multiple coupons for them, send me a PM if you need one.

Awesome, I will let you know.

One of the annoyances of this is that the V3 has two different connectors on the USB side. I have seen the V3s with both the mini and micro USB connectors.

Back