• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 axial west coast championships

Thanks Soco.

It would be nice to come and play. But that first statement seems like they want to keep it in house. No non-axials allowed.

Looks like I may not be able to make it any how. I might be starting a new job the monday before the event. But I will try to make it up there Saturday and see how things are going, and cheer you all on.

Thanks Soco.

It would be nice to come and play. But that first statement seems like they want to keep it in house. No non-axials allowed.

Looks like I may not be able to make it any how. I might be starting a new job the monday before the event. But I will try to make it up there Saturday and see how things are going, and cheer you all on.

well good luck on the new venture and hope to see ya out there!

I got creeper axles on my honcho can compete ?:roll:

Scale Challenge participants must use Axial SCX10 frame/chassis, Axial Axles and Axial Transmissions.

Scale Challenge participants must meet these requirements in scale class to recieve special Axial awards/prizes.

http://axialracing.com/wordpress/2011/05/20/2011-axial-west-coast-championship-schedule/
I think this means you may compete with your Creeper axles, but you are not eligible to win any awards or prizes.

I know alot of us that have built class 3 scalers that pretain to 2011 sorrca (Scale Off Road RC Association) rules, have dig or rearsteer or both. only one allowed per coarse. I think it would be very cool to have a skills coarse available for these rigs and drivers to show off there extreme rigs and driving skills to match. So many of us have built these class 3 ''modified'' rigs, it would be sweet to actually put them to use in a comp.Oh ,and my rig is all Axial based.8)

I know alot of us that have built class 3 scalers that pretain to 2011 sorrca (Scale Off Road RC Association) rules, have dig or rearsteer or both. only one allowed per coarse. I think it would be very cool to have a skills coarse available for these rigs and drivers to show off there extreme rigs and driving skills to match. So many of us have built these class 3 ''modified'' rigs, it would be sweet to actually put them to use in a comp.Oh ,and my rig is all Axial based.8)

You might be right, but that would take all the fun out the asphalt stages.

Seriously, I have no idea what a class 3 scaler is, but if it's Axial based, then it's a first class scaler in my book and I'm quite sure that the modified rigs will see some sort of "modifed" skills sections that the rig will do, but leave the driver in a fetal position. :shock:

This would be cool to see, maybe throw in a few Wraiths, to see how they hold up next to a few home built rigs:mrgreen: I'm sure the Wraiths wont have dig or rearsteer, not in time for AWCC, but it would be alot of fun though"thumbsup"

After filming Scale Nats this year, Toyofast came up with some good points for media coverage at big comps. Course makers and spectators, please try to keep some of this in mind when it comes to this year's AWCC:

"For me, being a "media" person, I'd like to see something that has been promised each year...

1- Path for camera folks to walk along the courses. Never seems to be a clear path to run along to capture footage. Fighting to gain a vantage point between 2-3 media folks, driver, x2 judges and bystanders trying to get a closer look always becomes an issue. I plan to come out a day earlier next year to assist in this plan.

3- This is more or less for the media folks... Like to see maybe some roped off areas around the finals courses to keep the spectators out of view of the cameras. I know Ty and myself had issues with non-drivers walking into our camera views on some courses, even after it was yelled out to stay off the courses.

I have almost 12 hours of footage from this year, I'd say a good 85% of it has bystanders walking into view or people walking up next to me to BS, many times dropping the F-bomb while the camera is rolling. Or my favorite is to have someone walk over and blow their cigarette smoke into my face/camera while I'm shooting video of a rig in action... That footage with smoke rolling past the camera only goes to the trash. It's too bad because there would be some great shots but due to either foul language or cigerette smoke in the view, I can't use it. I guess being aware of your surroundings isn't easy for some.

Also, if your NOT driving, judging or part of the invited media folks, please stay off the courses. Those that get asked to come and cover the events heavily rely on getting good shots, if we don't, that means money lost. We depend on getting useable footage and photos to keep our bank accounts in the positive. Yes I know that everyone wants to take pictures, if anyone were to ask/tell me that they wanted to get some pictures from "xyz" spot, that's fine as I'd respect that and move off to a slightly different angle to not block the shot.

End of rant.
"

Last year at the AWCC people were awesome and assisted me when I needed it, like keeping me from falling down some rocks "thumbsup" This is mostly for anyone new who is planning on attending. And I still want this to be a very spectator friendly sport, don't want people to have to watch from 50 yards away. Just please excuse me if I jump in front of you to get "the shot"! :mrgreen: As for foul language, I can always dub that out, but there are usually a lot of youngsters attending and I think we should let their parents be the ones who cuss around them, not us :ror:

At the Proline Worlds the courses were roped off. Only us media folk were allowed inside the ropes. I'm sure it could be done again.

22 days till I leave for cisco!!! Can't wait!!!!
B.S. 21 day's:flipoff:
After filming Scale Nats this year, Toyofast came up with some good points for media coverage at big comps. Course makers and spectators, please try to keep some of this in mind when it comes to this year's AWCC:

"For me, being a "media" person, I'd like to see something that has been promised each year...

1- Path for camera folks to walk along the courses. Never seems to be a clear path to run along to capture footage. Fighting to gain a vantage point between 2-3 media folks, driver, x2 judges and bystanders trying to get a closer look always becomes an issue. I plan to come out a day earlier next year to assist in this plan.

3- This is more or less for the media folks... Like to see maybe some roped off areas around the finals courses to keep the spectators out of view of the cameras. I know Ty and myself had issues with non-drivers walking into our camera views on some courses, even after it was yelled out to stay off the courses.

I have almost 12 hours of footage from this year, I'd say a good 85% of it has bystanders walking into view or people walking up next to me to BS, many times dropping the F-bomb while the camera is rolling. Or my favorite is to have someone walk over and blow their cigarette smoke into my face/camera while I'm shooting video of a rig in action... That footage with smoke rolling past the camera only goes to the trash. It's too bad because there would be some great shots but due to either foul language or cigerette smoke in the view, I can't use it. I guess being aware of your surroundings isn't easy for some.

Also, if your NOT driving, judging or part of the invited media folks, please stay off the courses. Those that get asked to come and cover the events heavily rely on getting good shots, if we don't, that means money lost. We depend on getting useable footage and photos to keep our bank accounts in the positive. Yes I know that everyone wants to take pictures, if anyone were to ask/tell me that they wanted to get some pictures from "xyz" spot, that's fine as I'd respect that and move off to a slightly different angle to not block the shot.

End of rant. "

Last year at the AWCC people were awesome and assisted me when I needed it, like keeping me from falling down some rocks "thumbsup" This is mostly for anyone new who is planning on attending. And I still want this to be a very spectator friendly sport, don't want people to have to watch from 50 yards away. Just please excuse me if I jump in front of you to get "the shot"! :mrgreen: As for foul language, I can always dub that out, but there are usually a lot of youngsters attending and I think we should let their parents be the ones who cuss around them, not us :ror:

well said!

End of rant. "

well said and I know I am guilty of some foul language:oops: sorry for any future edits you have from me, but just to let you know i have been curbing my mouth and working on my dance moves:lmao:if you want I'll be your body gaurd and personally knock anyone out of your way:lmao: I am one for having by standers and fellow competitors off the courses ( even though I am guilty of it) judges get overwhelmed by the other drivers and miss stuff when they are jockeying for a position to watch the driver.

Last edited:
...but just to let you know i have been curbing my mouth and working on my dance moves:lmao:if you want I'll be your body gaurd and personally knock anyone out of your way:lmao:

Oh man, I can't wait!! Should I bring a bottle of tequila to help the dance moves even more? :lmao: And I appreciate the body guard offer, I may have to take you up on that, although I hope I can return the favor when everyone tries to mob you for raffle tickets :ror: That Rock Candy Fundraiser raffle is just insane, kickass prizes and great cause!!!

Oh man, I can't wait!! Should I bring a bottle of tequila to help the dance moves even more? :lmao: And I appreciate the body guard offer, I may have to take you up on that, although I hope I can return the favor when everyone tries to mob you for raffle tickets :ror: That Rock Candy Fundraiser raffle is just insane, kickass prizes and great cause!!!

this fundraiser is only happening because of the great vendor's we have in this community!
tequila:lmao: hell ya better bring crown for her!

Took a quick drive up to Cisco grove and the rain is doing its job of melting the snow. It's still deep in some areas but I think we should be good by the time awcc rolls around.

Took a quick drive up to Cisco grove and the rain is doing its job of melting the snow. It's still deep in some areas but I think we should be good by the time awcc rolls around.

The biggest challenge is gonna be the runoff now ,hopefully
The river won't be like last year and be fully flowing at awcc and 2 weeks later it was almost dead calm !
This weather sucks but we sure needed it

The biggest challenge is gonna be the runoff now ,hopefully
The river won't be like last year and be fully flowing at awcc and 2 weeks later it was almost dead calm !
This weather sucks but we sure needed it

It was flowing pretty good yesterday.

hay guys does any one know if there is a 1.9 scale class on the scx10 g6 chalenge at the awcc? and if so were do i get tickets i have gone to reg and can only find tickets for 2.2 class can any one help!!

Back