• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 axial west coast championships

you can run the comp with any rig but the scale comp is a different story, you have to have an Axial based scaler. Axial axles at a min.

And Chassis. ;-)

No custom chassis', or X-trails...ect.. Must be SCX10 frame rails.
(Info came from Bender in another thread a while back).

:)

And Chassis. ;-)

No custom chassis', or X-trails...ect.. Must be SCX10 frame rails.
(Info came from Bender in another thread a while back).

:)

Thanks for adding that, i dont run the scalers YET! so i was just going off what i knew. thanks for completing me lol

Anxious drivers the wait is over. Here is the list of drivers that have earned invites into the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships. If you won the qualifier that you attended, your invite is paid for. Axial and R.E.C.O.N. believe in rewarding good driving and we are proud of each and every driver who attended the AWCC Qualifiers in hope of attaining an invite. Keep in mind, drivers, that we encourage every driver to have fun and compete in as many qualifiers that you can and don’t worry, you can only earn one invite. If a driver finishes in the top 10 at another Qualifier, the invite moves down the line to the next driver.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Here are the top 5 from last year that will be returning to defend their podium finishes. Good luck drivers, you all have a tough task ahead of you.

<o:p></o:p>
  • 2010 Axial West Coast Champion John Ripplinger
  • John “laughing” Hall
  • Jason “it’s not Lamb, it’s” Veal
  • Travis Crockett
  • Lars Peterson
The TSC Arizona Copperstate Crawl Off was the firs AWCC Qualifier and what a “Q” it was. The talent was thick and these drivers all earned the elusive first 10 invites.

• Jabil Jamali
  • Travis Crockett (invite earned, congrats 11)
  • Kevin Gunderson
  • Jeremy Toney
  • 2010 AWCC Champion John Ripplinger (invite earned, congrats 12)
  • Greg Sinclair
  • Joey Chavez
  • 2010 R.A.S. Champion Jake Wright
  • Jon Wood
  • <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chad</st1:place></st1:country-region> Walden
  • Ryan Gerrish
  • Tom Brown
The TCS East Coast Championships feature some of the most talented drivers from all over the country, but they say the South will rise again and I think it has in the form of the southern r/c rock crawler. The top 10 from the 2011 ECC earned invites for the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships. Great driving and the AWCC is BYOG (bring your own grits).

• Josh Moore
  • Scott Syjut
  • Jon Wood (invite earned, congrats 11)
  • Casey Childs
  • Nick Justice
  • Ted Masigano
  • 2010 R.A.S. Champion Jake Wright (invite earned, congrats 12)
  • Mike Rosenthal
  • Nathan Jackson
  • James Caruso
  • Austin Dunn
  • Brian Bailey
The Next AWCC Qualifier had the kilts flying and lepricahns lining up for a kiss from Special Ed; the Shamrock Showdown hosted by none other than the crazy cats and kittens from 801RCC.

• Ryan Winkleman
  • Mike Thompson
  • Tim Grahm
  • Mark Valdiviesio
  • Jeremy Keyes
  • Nabil Jamali (earned invite, congrats 11)
  • Mark Wright
  • Josh King
  • Sam Garcia
  • Kevin Bailey
  • 2010 R.A.S. Champion Jake Wright (earned invite, congrats 12)
  • Jordan Webster
The next Qualifier was took drivers to the one of the most spiritual places I know, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Pyramid Lake</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">NV</st1:State></st1:place>.

• Brian Lorenz
  • 2011 RECON Rubber-2-Rock Winter Series Champion Randy Howe
  • George Zanter
  • Jason Moreland
  • Jeremy Keyes (earned invite, congrats 11)
  • Jeremy Clark
  • James Skiles
  • Mike Fawver
  • Curtis Miller
  • 2011 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Pyramid</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Lake</st1:placeType></st1:place> Cutthroat Classic Crawling Champion Mark A.
  • Don French

The last AWCC Qualifier was at <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Long Beach</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">WA</st1:State></st1:place>. By far one of my favorite places to throw Axial gate markers, not just for the location, but the drivers of the PNW are as hard core as they come.
  • 2010 Axial West Coast Champion John Ripplinger (earned invite, congrats 11)
  • Scott Hughes
  • James Skiles (earned invite, congrats 12)
  • Ryan Gerrish (earned invite, congrats 13)
  • Scott Roberts
  • Marty Mann
  • Jon Boatwright
  • Lars Peters (earned invite, congrats 14)
  • <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Dave</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Cape</st1:placeName></st1:place>
  • Jason Veal (earned invite, congrats 15)
  • William Gauderman
  • Danial Johnson
  • Mike Regal
  • David Copher
  • Kenny Shablin

These next drivers have participated in the RECON Adventure Series or as most know it as the R.A.S. Series. Simply put, the RAS series track drivers in 3 regions. Those drivers finishes are tracked and their best 7 finishes are tallied for a overall score. This year the top 3 drivers from each region have invites to the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships. Those top 9 drivers will battle it out for the 2011 with the winner be crowned R.A.S. Champion. Good luck to the following drivers.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Region 1
  • 2010 R.A.S. Champion Jake Wright
  • <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brandon</st1:place></st1:City> Coonce
  • Nabil Jamali

Region 2
  • Jeremy Toney
  • Joshual Hicks
  • Becky Barger

Region 3
  • Rich Hudson
  • Jim Hungate
  • Joe Reed
This years AWCC is rich with talent and we still have the LCQ! Oh my, this is going to get good.
The Sport Class has some great talent and every sport driver from the AWCC Qualifiers that offered a sport class have earned invites. We look forward to seeing ya’ll putting rubber to rock this year.

ok i buoght a lcq ticket because i thought i didn't get the top ten so what do i do now? i made the last spot in the copper state comp.

Free Invites

To clairify with regards to the "Free Invites"

"If you won the qualifier that you attended, your invite is paid for."

These are the people [listed below] who get the "Free/Paid Entry" into 2011 AWCC Finals:

John Ripplinger - 2010 Axial West Coast Champion

Nabil Jamali - The TSC Arizona Copperstate Crawl Off

Josh Moore - TCS East Coast Championships

Ryan Winkleman - Shamrock Showdown

Brian Lorenz - Pyramid Lake, NV

Scott Hughes - Long Beach, WA

There is no such thing as free...
everything comes with expectations...

Last edited:
To clairify with regards to the "Free Invites"

"If you won the qualifier that you attended, your invite is paid for."

These are the people
[listed below] who get the "Free/Paid Entry" into 2011 AWCC Finals:

John Ripplinger - 2010 Axial West Coast Champion

Jabil Jamali - The TSC Arizona Copperstate Crawl Off

Josh Moore - TCS East Coast Championships

Ryan Winkleman - Shamrock Showdown

Brian Lorenz - Pyramid Lake, NV

Scott Hughes - Long Beach, WA

There is no such thing as free...
everything comes with expectations...

and Jake Wright for winning the RAS, yes?

and Jake Wright for winning the RAS, yes?

Not quite yet. Jake finished first in Region 1, but has not won the RAS. The RAS Champion will come from the 9 regional top 3.

It's a comp within in a comp and should be very fun following these 9 drivers during the day.

Who knows, we may just be crowning the same driver with two championships titles...gotta love it.

Back