• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 axial west coast championships

:mrgreen:I'm gonna try to talk Jess into driving in the 2.2 class. When she meets a real live ROCKCANDY PRO. Maybe the convincing won't be so hard for me.

2 more days!

What time do you think you'll roll through Eugene? We'll be leaving around 4pm if you want to make it a "CONVOY"8)

Maybe I should get back out to the shop and finish the Yukon. More wrenching here I come.

:mrgreen:I'm gonna try to talk Jess into driving in the 2.2 class. When she meets a real live ROCKCANDY PRO. Maybe the convincing won't be so hard for me.

2 more days!

What time do you think you'll roll through Eugene? We'll be leaving around 4pm if you want to make it a "CONVOY"8)

Maybe I should get back out to the shop and finish the Yukon. More wrenching here I come.
we will be leaving vacaville about 6am as long as randy can pick up his check on thursday nite. pm some phone info and we can make plans. Map quest says 11 hrs- 686 miles but I f I remeber we did it in 9.5/10 hrs laste year. We will be running up I-5. we only stop for fuel and thats the only chance for food and potty breaks n you better be in the truck by time he's done fueling

Last edited:
I am not familiar at all with the Long Beach area since ive never been there. I was wondering exactly how to get out to the comp area from town, lets say from around the super 8 motel, also is there any camping areas close? Heading over alone so I may be a bit goofy after the 12 hour dive, so any other helpfull tips would be appreciated.

Cape Dissapointment is the state campground just above the rocks. Google maps show foot trails only from the campground and they look pretty long. If you stay in the motel 8. I don't know where but I can tell you how to get to the comp site.

Drive west till your front tires touch the ocean. Turn left and drive south till your front tires touch rock.:lmao:

we will be leaving vacaville about 6am as long as randy can pick up his check on thursday nite. pm some phone info and we can make plans. Map quest says 11 hrs- 686 miles but I f I remeber we did it in 9.5/10 hrs laste year. We will be running up I-5. we only stop for fuel and thats the only chance for food and potty breaks n you better be in the truck by time he's done fueling

I'll hit you two up on facebook. I'm hoping ot do a nonstopper also as long as the daycare doesn't put the boy down for a nap before we pick him up.

I am not familiar at all with the Long Beach area since ive never been there. I was wondering exactly how to get out to the comp area from town, lets say from around the super 8 motel, also is there any camping areas close? Heading over alone so I may be a bit goofy after the 12 hour dive, so any other helpfull tips would be appreciated.

Looks like Nate nailed the directions already.. but another will never hurt. ;)

Once in Ilwaco, take any access road to the beach. Drive out to the beach and Turn left (on the beach)...Drive down the sand till you hit the rocks...you can't miss it. :)

Looks like Nate nailed the directions already.. but another will never hurt. ;)

Once in Ilwaco, take any access road to the beach. Drive out to the beach and Turn left (on the beach)...Drive down the sand till you hit the rocks...you can't miss it. :)
just to warn you don't bring a lowered car down the beach:lmao: I did last year, you have to cross a creek running to the ocean. luckily a buddy gave us a ride over in his jeep, the next day the waves had washed the embankment down so I could cross with the car. this year i'm bringing the truck:roll:

Thanks everyone, after looking at a satelite view it seems pretty self explanatory, as long as I don't forget to turn left once on the beach.

cant wait for this day to be over... heading to LBW in the early AM... new rig done yesterday need to get some testing in tomorrow "thumbsup"

Superdave will be doing an Early Tech at the rocks Friday, probably around late afternoon to evening for those showing up around then that want to get tech finished. I'll be rolling in late Friday night.

It's looking like rain, so if you have an EZ up I'd suggest bringing it. We'll get a little Tent-city going. :)

How does the LCQ signup work for the AWCC? Do you have to sign up ahead of time, or that day?

Last year it was well ahead of time. Hopefully we'll be seeing a sign-up thread in the next couple of weeks. It would be nice for people to know ahead of time if all the spots get taken.

Cool. Thanks Debead. The NorCal qualifier came and went so fast that I didn't even notice it, and of course missed it.
And turns out it wasn't even in Northern Cali

Last edited:
Last year it was well ahead of time. Hopefully we'll be seeing a sign-up thread in the next couple of weeks. It would be nice for people to know ahead of time if all the spots get taken.

Yeah, It's getting close and still no lcq info. It's hard to make plans around that. I think I'll be passing on this one this year.
Maybe next year we will have more notice.
And 3 Comp classes.:flipoff:

Yeah, It's getting close and still no lcq info. It's hard to make plans around that. I think I'll be passing on this one this year.
Maybe next year we will have more notice.
And 3 Comp classes.:flipoff:

X2 I'm out.

I'll be rolling in early Friday Morning around 9 am or so, If anyone is lost or
needs assistance or just needs a ride to check out the rock just call me.
360 507-3765....Rocky

Since I won't be running my Super or 1.9 most likely I will be crawling on
the rocks Friday if anyone want to crawl "thumbsup"

Back