• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2011 axial west coast championships

Fish, maybe your not understanding the format. There is no way for your scenario to work, if a driver dnf's the course he gets his normal progression points. They have to finish the course to get bonus points. It sounds like the way John ran it doesn't conform to the USRCCA rules and that's why Parker changed it to work with the USRCCA rules.

I understood and I said that in my post. I just wanted to remind Parker about the rules and making sure he has done his home work. Trust me this is not my first dance with Parker :ror:

Fish, maybe your not understanding the format. There is no way for your scenario to work, if a driver dnf's the course he gets his normal progression points. They have to finish the course to get bonus points. It sounds like the way John ran it doesn't conform to the USRCCA rules and that's why Parker changed it to work with the USRCCA rules.

What Parker didnt say is we played with it at a local level, Parker has it within the USRCCA guidelines for a national level comp. All is well with the course layout

I think it "would" have been 100% enjoyable for those who paid airfair and transportation for a comp that was originally going to offer 3 classes.

Now it's 33.333% enjoyable since they spent all this money to find out what they signed up for isn't what they signed up for.

If the format had never changed it is what it is, but to change the format a month before the comp after people have made arrangements doesn't seem fair to me.

You guys just added a pro drover to the axial team whom has extensive 1.9 wins listed on there drover profile, yet they can't even use those skills at this event.

Last edited:
Looks like I might have spoke too soon :shock:

I don't even drive a Super or 1.9 and I'm considering not going now. Looks like I may just enjoy a three day vacation in Squaw Valley with my wife. How can it be called a "Championship" without representing all crawler classes? Crawling is not just about 2.2 and Scale (though top Axial bean counters may argue that). It's about the individuals that are crawling...and to many of the best/most influential/dedicated crawlers it means running rigs other than their 2.2s. The question remains to be answered: Is AWCC going to be a "Championship" or not. If not, it should not be a qualifier for Nats, just a fun comp where you can go win scaler parts if you do well. If the event fails to draw top talent it will be like the NIT vs the NCAA tourney. How many of y'all filled out your NIT bracket this year!

How many Axial team drivers drive 1.9 and Supers and what they think about leaving their Supers and 1.9s at home?

At a minimum Axial, in the future please finalize your event schedule before posting and stick with the plan so that crawlers with limited resources don't p away valuable discretionary time/income on cancelled travel plans. You just might be cutting into their XR10/Scaler funds.

I think it "would" have been 100% enjoyable for those who paid airfair and transportation for a comp that was originally going to offer 3 classes.

Now it's 33.333% enjoyable since they spent all this money to find out what the signed up for isn't what they signed up for.

If the format had never changed it is what it is, but to change the format a month before the comp after people have made arrangements doesn't to fair to me.

You guys just added a pro drover to the axial team whom has extensive 1.9 wins listed on there drover profile, yet they can't even use them as this event.

Exactly. "thumbsup"
The flip flopping of how the event is going to be run. The last minute qualifiers in Nor Cal and Washington that have 1.9 and supers. What's the point of those classes, if now, they are not going to be run at AWCC?

Another course format that the drivers at the West Coast Qualifier drove with lip splitting smiles was the Lap Course. The course format was inspired by the game changing race known as the King of the Hammers or as the cool kids refer to it, KOH. The lay out is easy, 10 gates, 4 minutes, and 2 laps. The gates 1 thru 9 are technical and from gates 9 to 10 is a high speed boundary area. The boundary keeps the spectators from being run over and also keeps the drivers in a mode of controlled chaos. When a driver crosses gate 10 on his/her first lap, their points reset for the second lap, but the timer keeps ticking. This format is simple, it’s two courses that a driver runs back to back and receives scores for both laps. A drivers score could read like C-1; neg 10 / pos 2, or C-1; neg 10 / pos 32, or if the driver points out or times out on lap one, his/her score could look like this; C-1; pos 22 / pos 40.

I have read this KOH format 5 times now, and I still don't fully understand it, and it dosn't seem to comply with the USRCCA Rules. (If not it needs to be approved by RC) Somebody please explain it to me.

I have read this KOH format 5 times now, and I still don't fully understand it, and it dosn't seem to comply with the USRCCA Rules. (If not it needs to be approved by RC) Somebody please explain it to me.

All it is, is a sport course 10 gates they did have a bonus I belive this bonus was 4 gates that no one took anyway you run thur the frist 9 gates the same as a normal corse then there was a huge bondry lane (kindof like a freeway lane) where you drove way out into the sand over some rocks then when you pass gate 10 your points go back to 0 and you do another lap. I ended up with 20 sec left on clock when I finished and I hit 2 gate on each lap so my score was c1-0 c2-0. So its 2 courses with 1 time thats how it was scored.

I have to say it was a blast and my smoking ass was out of breath at the end.

Last edited:
yes same course 2 laps under the same time it never stops.

So basically the highlighted parts of 1.4 , all of 1.11, and the safety measures built in to the rules are ignored.

1.4 - Vehicle Touch: (10 pts) All vehicle touches excluding “Rollovers” (See Rollover rule, sec 1.3), intentional or unintentional, are given an automatic 10 points. The judge then will stop time when either the driver calls for a vehicle touch or the judge calls a driver touch. The vehicle is then moved back by the driver to the previously cleared gate with the rear axle aligned to that gate. If the vehicle cannot be aligned to the gate due to course design, the judge will reposition the vehicle to the next stable location after the cleared gate. This location will be used for all drivers. Note: All gates for progress are still “live” unless a gate has already been deemed “dead”.

1.11 Time Out: A driver may call for time to stop so that he or she may safely reposition themselves on the course. This time shall be used for the purpose of driver safety and may not be used to survey the course or for any other advantage. Once the competitor is repositioned the time will start, however the judge has the right to start time at any point.

Sounds like to me this should have been brought to Rules Committee.

I

So basically the highlighted parts of 1.4 , all of 1.11, and the safety measures built in to the rules are ignored.

1.4 - Vehicle Touch: (10 pts) All vehicle touches excluding “Rollovers” (See Rollover rule, sec 1.3), intentional or unintentional, are given an automatic 10 points. The judge then will stop time when either the driver calls for a vehicle touch or the judge calls a driver touch. The vehicle is then moved back by the driver to the previously cleared gate with the rear axle aligned to that gate. If the vehicle cannot be aligned to the gate due to course design, the judge will reposition the vehicle to the next stable location after the cleared gate. This location will be used for all drivers. Note: All gates for progress are still “live” unless a gate has already been deemed “dead”.

1.11 Time Out: A driver may call for time to stop so that he or she may safely reposition themselves on the course. This time shall be used for the purpose of driver safety and may not be used to survey the course or for any other advantage. Once the competitor is repositioned the time will start, however the judge has the right to start time at any point.

Sounds like to me this should have been brought to Rules Committee.

Not at all you can still stop time and all normal penalties still apply its a normal course just 2 laps and a 4 min time.

All of the rules are followed He just added a little twist to it.

Each lap is scored as 1 course. I.E. frist lap all rules are normal (stop times, boundrys, gates, repo's etc.). As soon as you cross thur gate 10 your points are rest while you are heading to gate 1 for the second lap. Once you cross gate 10 again you are done. At that time the judge adds your score up for each lap/course.

On the score card there was lines for each lap so the judge didn't have to do anything more then mark your points down on the line that was for that lap. Lap 2 judge just start on the next line.

Now if you time out running the 2 laps. Say you time out on lap 2 well you get your full score on lap 1/course 1 and you get what ever progess you have on lap2/course 2 as examples up above

Last edited:
It is apparent that I exercised my option not to include the 1.9 or super class for the 2011 Axial West Coast Championships.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

It is just now apparent. Before it was apparent that we would be competing in all three classes. Why did you make the change??? Superdave, Krawlfreak, myself, and others could easily put together some fun super and 1.9 action. They may not have any gimmick's on course but they sure would be great courses with killer gate placement.

I just want to know why you had to make this decision last minute, screwing over all the drivers that already made flight and hotel arrangments out of 2/3rds of the comp experience????

Why couldn't Super Dave and his son Krawlfreak set up super and 1.9 courses and let them be unofficially run near the regular comp site at the same time as the scale stuff . Then whomever wanted to run the "other classes" could run them and also show their disapproval with the scale stuff at the same time by not even showing up for it.

The drivers at the West Coast Qualifier had a full day of r/c competition and a large part of their fun came from the hard work and professionalism of the USRCCA Rules committee. The committee is comprised of a dedicated group that ensures every year we have the latest and greatest rules to comp by.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
The drivers faced several new course formats and a fairly new course format that made the finals at the 2010 HPI / Hot Bodies RCC National; the “Bonus Land”. Drivers faced a standard course of 10 gates with a 6 min time limit and once they completed gate 10, the driver had the remainder of his / her time to drive and bank as many bonus gates as possible. To me it’s like an Easter egg hunt with your crawler. It’s fast, fun, and as exciting at it gets. Jason from RCC pulled this format from his hat and like the magician he is, this bonus format has plenty of razzle dazzle for the drivers.

The next course format that really separated the best from the rest is what I call the extended course. There is a time and place for shoot outs, but most comp organizers don’t live up to their sponsors expectations and most shoot out courses are ran with headlamps on or car lights and the best drivers can’t be seen in pictures, but most importantly, the comp sponsors can’t use any of the shoot out pics for any advertisement purposes.

The extended course is not only fun to drive, but it gives sponsors ALL day exposure and every driver has a chance to drive the extended part of the course. A win, win for every one. The extended course is a standard 10 gate; 6 minute course, but when a driver clears gate 10, the judge stops the timer, resets the time to 3 minutes and the driver has another 10 gates to drive. If the driver points out or times out on the standard part of the course, he or she receives a 40 for the extended course.

(all current USRCCA rules apply to both the standard part of the course and the extended course. The only change is made to the time limit on the extended course.)

If you’re on the fence about this years Axial West Coast Championships, don’t be, the competition last year was unprecedented and this year is gearing up to redefine the adventure in competition.

But don’t take my word for it, read it for your self;

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3071540&postcount=1142

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3071837&postcount=1144

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3071524&postcount=31

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3072258&postcount=33

I can't see how more then a handful of national ranked drivers can't setup and run a legit 1.9 and super courses for the weekend. If they can manage to win events, I'm sure they can produce epic organizational skills to make the weekend even better. We have over a month to get everyone invovled and make it happen I'm sure we can put our crayons together and DO WORK as you call it. Seems like not much work has been created by simply dropping classes last minute after some have already spent hard earned money for an event that isn't what they initially signed up for. It was going to be an epic and unforgettable event for 2011 west coast but now its just another 2.2 event that will only be remembered because it was that event that dropped classes after the fact. I thought CKRC was the only company here who advertised things that aren't what they are.

I put in vacation time for this event the day after new years, now i'm questioning the decision. Just because some aren't running the classes, doesn't mean they don't enjoy watching it. Why can't we make it happen and turn this thing around?

I can't see how more then a handful of national ranked drivers can't setup and run a legit 1.9 and super courses for the weekend. If they can manage to win events, I'm sure they can produce epic organizational skills to make the weekend even better. We have over a month to get everyone invovled and make it happen I'm sure we can put our crayons together and DO WORK as you call it. Seems like not much work has been created by simply dropping classes last minute after some have already spent hard earned money for an event that isn't what they initially signed up for. It was going to be an epic and unforgettable event for 2011 west coast but now its just another 2.2 event that will only be remembered because it was that event that dropped classes after the fact. I thought CKRC was the only company here who advertised things that aren't what they are.

I put in vacation time for this event the day after new years, now i'm questioning the decision. Just because some aren't running the classes, doesn't mean they don't enjoy watching it. Why can't we make it happen and turn this thing around?
Well Said! I tool time off back in Jan my self.. But no Big I'll deal.. It was going to cut into my Vac with my little girl anyways.

As one of those media outlets who may cover the event, I would love to see the 1.9 and super classes reinstated and the best drivers our coast has to offer showing up to make this THE EPIC EVENT everyone wants it to be. I think it would be so awesome to have a weekend with all three comp classes, a G6 event, and a TTC event, even if it means I don't sleep a wink in order to capture it all and distribute the awesomeness out to the masses. "thumbsup":mrgreen:

Back