• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1953 Ford F-350

F-150Highlift

Quarry Creeper
Been wanting to build this body for a long time. I love the midnight pumpkin body but it had so many things not scale to it. The front clip is very good and the cab is also pretty good but the bed is awful. The bed actually comes past the cab which is way wrong.

I cut up an original body and studied some real '53 F-350's and came up with this. It has a 9 3/4 inch wheelbase now. Entire bed was fabricated along with running boards and rear fenders. Back of cab under window was also wrong so I added that. Filled the roof and added the drip rail and gas filler spout. 53's had vent windows so added them too.

The real life truck's cab/doors rolls under where it meets the running boards and the Tamiya body ended square so that had to be fixed. Extended all the fenders at the running boards to be more scale to the 1:1. Don't know what I am going to do with it yet as far as a chassis. Might go 2x4 but 4x4 would be cool too. Whatever is becomes I know the wheels are going to be 1.5's or 1.7's.

Hi

awesome work, and you give me some idea, I'm try to build a F100 based on a pumpkin body

can't wait to see what you will do with

Glad to see you back building again! I really love my pumpkin monster truck I got from you "thumbsup" *edit* is this actually the body ???

E57E0C54-E053-4688-8645-59F85EE00679.png_zpsrokxa3x0.jpeg

Love these old Fords, going to be a very cool build. Let me know if you may be looking for another body, I have a scratch built '55 I built a while ago.IMG_4751.jpg
IMG_0939.jpg

Back