• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Would anyone consider running Holland or Grand Haven State Park?
Grand Haven is very runnable with any rig.
Holland has some challenging big boulders on the pier where you get accross 3-5 (20ft) and then use a helper bridge.

Not sure I have the time to spare to run into GR Sunday or not.

Wow, don't everyone speak at once! LOL
If you do not want to run those spots, just let me know.
I have a harder time outside of summer (when my wife is home) making the 45min run into GR as often.

Not sure where everyone wants to go, I am game for almost anywhere - got a couple new people wanting to go also - and I want to see how well a Ridgecrest is and maybe a Trailfinder.

Not sure where everyone wants to go, I am game for almost anywhere - got a couple new people wanting to go also - and I want to see how well a Ridgecrest is and maybe a Trailfinder.

Are the newbies from the GR area or other?
Are you saying you bought two rigs? Or that is what the newbies own?

I might be in for a run? Will have to see what happens this afternoon. What time you guys thinking? I need to get some of my 1:1 stuff done but the 1:10 stuff is way more fun.

So who is in for where?

If noon, I have to ask to skip church, which prob isn't happening. 1 works better.
If GR, asking the wife for 3 hrs gets me 80 mins of play time after driving.
At Grand Haven it gets me 2hrs
In Holland it gets me 3hrs.

Sent from my U20a

Thx gents!
Sorry for the whine fest on my part.

I'll bring the my helper bridge.

Anyone need a ride into the part that doesn't have a sticker?

I pulled three of the RC4WD steelies apart, cleaned up the bead areas, then used a dremel to scar up the bead areas to grab better.
They still slip and I pulled a bead out! I still say, neat scale parts but shit execution in the 3rd world.

They are drying after a cleanup, I'll use some black CA in the morning.

thats odd. i have never had a problem with mine. try hair spray. it works great on bike grips. its slippery till it dries out then it sticks. just a thought.

Last edited:
Four dabs of black CA should hold them.
Now I've had them apart so much I stripped the heads on the couple of the 2mm cap screws.

Should work now though!

Wow, really sorry I whined so much considering how much the few lines have changed at Holland State park making it not so much fun.

The Pit rocks!
I do still like running at Grand Haven State Park!

Few pics, sorry they're after your Ridgecrest lost an axle end down the 3ft hole.

HollandStateParkB042912.jpg

HollandStateParkC042912.jpg

HollandStateParkA042912.jpg

even though, still had a good time, Greg got new axle shaft and my Robinson racing outdrive shaft/gear will be here tomorrow, will be ready to crawl again

Back