• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

What ESC, RX, Servo, BEC are you running?
Any of it waterproof?
If not, any of those four could cause it to glitch or totally stop.

If it's easy, you can pull the ESC, Rx or BEC out and throw in a bag of dry rice.

Esc - Rooster Crawler - Water Resistant
RX - Spektrum SR 300
Servo - JR Sport ST126MG

I pulled the Rx and it did have some moisture in it, so I pulled the case apart and dried it and the inside of the case with some canned air and then stuck it in a baggy with some rice. Hopefully I didn't fry it. If I did then I will be able to tell myself "told you so" about running it near water before waterproofing it more. :ror:

Spray the motor out with electrical cleaner. Pull your brushes... Keep spraying until fluid is clear. Then blow it out.

Rice trick works on rx. I sent my moa swimming once. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Spray the motor out with electrical cleaner. Pull your brushes... Keep spraying until fluid is clear. Then blow it out.

Rice trick works on rx. I sent my moa swimming once. Good luck.

Where do you get the electrical cleaner? Sorry for all the newbie questions.

We were all new once. No biggie. :D

Any reputable auto parts store should have it.

And we need to add a warning label to Jim B. Water maybe contagious. :D

What's happening fellas. I see a few names I recognize from another forum I frequent. Waiting on the brown truck to bring my Crawler.

Well I am pretty sure the Rx survived. Plugged it back in and steering works. Pretty sure motor is full of gunk. Got it removed from the trans.....do I have to open it up to clean it out or just spray through the groves on the sides?

I would probably not pull that style apart. sounds like the brushes are not replaceable? just spray the heck out of it and try it again.

Does the motor look like this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368526971.921067.jpg
These are not designed to be taken apart.
Or does it look like this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368527018.131265.jpg
These are rebuildable.

Back