• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

Can't afford a real bumper for the 1:1. So I shortened the factory one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367691224.405914.jpg
Rugged ridge bumper caps. Not to bad.

Can't afford a real bumper for the 1:1. So I shortened the factory one.
Rugged ridge bumper caps. Not to bad.

NICE!

How thick was the actual structural bumper??
Thick - had to use a torch or was an angle grinder enough?

Are the holes already there for the new caps or you drilled?

Welcome Gary!
What did you end up picking up to run?
Anyone down your way ever check out Yankee to see if there are any decent spots?

I'm out.
Next weekend works better for me. I have the 8th,9th, and 10th off.
A buddy from Florida is coming up and I think he wants to do some crawling between visiting family and friends. I was going to put some
things off today, but I really need to get my to do list done. So I can
enjoy my mini vacation. After Wednesday my schedule should be open.
I would like to check out the park Jim was talking about, maybe next
weekend.

Welcome Gary!
What did you end up picking up to run?
Anyone down your way ever check out Yankee to see if there are any decent spots?

Thanks. It is kinda a mutt actually...which might be a good name for it.

HT Crawlers Chassis (Which I can't seem to find any info on)
rc4wd T-rex 60 axles
rc4wd r2 Dig Trans
Rooster Crawler ESC

Needs a few tweaks, the first being shocks since the ones that are on it are WAY to small and don't allow much flex. But I am looking forward to tweaking it and getting out and doing some crawling.

I spend a lot of time driving all over Yankee in my 1:1 rigs so I defintaly plan on trying to scout out some places.

Pretty sure I have the kinks worked out of my rig. That means it's time to find the next weak link! What kind of terrain are we talking about with the Grand River Park? Water (duh), rocks? Sand? Trails??? I'd be up for Sunday, that is the only day I have free.

Back