• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

I would love too, but I am out of town this weekend. Maybe I will pop over one night this week. I got my "scaler" together.

Me too... I'm thinking we should go to the park, the bugs are only going to be worse as days pass. Soon we will not want to be out there without bee-keeping outfits!! Jims pile will be nice all summer, and his yard is nicely shaded...awesome for an afternoon BBQ.

Fri night or Sat?? Fri is OK.

Where to on Sat?? Suppose to be 65 and Sunny.
Or Sunday before noon?

It'll be first time out with the JK if I can get it done. Fam still here until Wed, so cannot play hermit in the shop too much.
Have not fixed the 1.9- MOG yet. Needs a Panhard up front, and I sheered a rolled pin inside the rear axle.

CRAP!!! I just remembered I will be in Toledo OH Friday at big RC show...willl be fun, but crawling is fun too...:cry:

I also have been informed that I will be attending a wedding that I was trying to avoid on Saturday...I don't even know these people....I hate being dragged to things like that!!! Such a good day for crawling too...POOPIE

On a positive note, I made some new suspension links for the bus. I shortened all the rear links by 15mm...hopefully that will improve the center hangups I've been getting without screwing up the torque twist and other negative things I had tuned out. The new wheelbase (11.75 vs 12.5) fits the body a little better now, especially with the 1.9 wheels which looked a bit too far apart before.

I have also drilled a couple of new mounting holes for the shocks so I have the option to adjust the ride height/ body clearance, like when using 2.2 wheels.

Last edited:
well never mind. the park is under about a foot under water. i will check on it again later this week but wouldn't get my hopes up about running there this weekend. my back yard or other suggestions.

Paris Park

Is it 'Paris Park' you guys are referring to?
60th, East of Kzoo?
(Green square w/entrance on 60th)

ParisPark60thKzooGR.jpg

What? Is it Paris Park, or is it before Wing Ave or something?

Who is going now?
Soonest I can make it is 5:00ish.

Do you remember Stompers? Little AA battery powered toy trucks about the size of a fist.....they had a water stomper that had big hollow plastic wheels with paddle treads. What can we fab some wheels out of to get our crawlers set up like that???

you know those floats that shut your toilet water off when the tank is full..........hummmmm Now, if only I could just tighten the axel nut to hold it on.......hummmm

So where to now?
My vote would be Grand Haven State Park, 9am -ish, before the crowds hit. Suppose to be 60 and sunny on Saturday.

If you want something closer to home, behind the Lowes on 28th and Beltline. Not as scenic. Cemented stones.
Could try the banks of the river in downtown GR. Who posted pics of it? Looked decent.

Got the JK running last night. She's a beast for weight! Just running left over electronics for now. The Sidewinder Micro 25a seems to work for now amazingly enough. Broke a rear axle shaft though. I have some used MIP parts to try and make a new rear axle from tonight.
Running a crazy, Hacker A308XL Outrunner brushless motor.
I cannot figure out the sound it is making. When you goose it then dump the throttle, it stops, but sounds like a rubberband that is stretched tight and being played like a guitar string??

The little MOG blew a pin in the rear axle, not sure if I have the time to fix it.

The TLT torsion works fine. Could swap the rear axle out of it, but would like to keep it running in case that is all I'll have.

I could go for that Jim. Is your yard ready to crawl yet or should we do BFG?
I need to work on my yard so it is more 1.9 friendly. I have old fencewood that I want to make a couple bridges out of.

Anyone else up for Grandhaven Sat morning!! Crawl out of the winter woodwork and get outside!

I'm good for Friday night just need to know Jim's house or BFC. Saturday I have my nephews bday party so its a no go for me

My house is ready to go. Lets run there friday. 6:00pm. 1.9 and 2.2s sould be able to have fun. I have to fix 1 thing on the course but its not that big of a deal. See you guys friday night.

What's the word on tomorrow?
Sounds like it might be raining most of the morning.

I need to be home by 2pm whatever happens.

ok. sounds like 3 of us for sure are meeting at paris park nature reserve on sunday for a trail run. nate and friend may also show. we should all be there about 11:30ish. you will want shoes\boots for mud and rain gear just in case. i think we will try a new area further back in the park thats not as muddy. should be a great time. see you guys there.

Back