• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

supposed to have nice weather outside this weekend......anybody got a pile ready???

I've been working on mine, a little. Installing walkways and reconstructing the tall / steep parts so there is a valley between them.... might do a bridge between the tops, but it depends on how things work out. My materials somewhat control the design. I'm hoping to have sections for all vehicle types (except supers) The layout will have a flow to it, and room for 3-4 trucks/drivers very comfortably on course! I'm trying to think ahead for follow the leader drives...making sure the walkways can accomidaate as many drivers as possible (5-6 maybe)

1.9 and "true" scalers will have challenges, but still fun. 2.2's will have a pretty easy drive, but there will be a few challenges built just for them if they run the course a different direction.

Well, I have my 3 garden's I had last year. One is 1.9 specific though I think scalers might have a time on it too, but it is small. Actually all my garden's are small. Jim B and I are going out Friday to make a rock run.

I did some recon yesterday out back, in the wildlife preserve. Lots of down logs 8"-10" in diameter. Pretty flat, until you get near the pond. Don't mind me if I stay away from there for now. I did find some cool big rocks out back. Unfortunately there are some big critters living under them too... so I think I will crawl on them from a distance.

I for one would be real interested in going out to where Jim B took us last week. Park Glub glub glub. :lmao:

Sure! We are still discussing arrival times, and rock displacements. LOL. I will be bringing the kids along to "help" also. LOL.

when you get it hammered out, post the times and I will see if it works out for me. I'm not sure if my little helper will like a longer outing like that...Hummm.

if not I will just catch you guys at BFG.

JIM....I will still have some block and brick leftover :~) Do you want to grab another load?

Last edited:
that part was fun im game for the park again. just have to wait untill i get off of work to come out and play/help, oh and jim how did the concrete turn out?

Taking the kids to the Windy City for a couple days.
I prob could run somewhere next Friday(4/9) from 5:30ish on.
Or maybe that Saturday. I'll find out early next week if I have to go to the outlaws or not.

Fabbing new links for the 2.2 JK now. Should have it running by next week.

That suck tie that damp dog up lol, about crawling I can only do it Friday night maybe, going to the windy city and might leave Friday night, trying to keep the gf happy

Still a week off, but who would be up for something Saturday 4/10??
Wife and kids will be gone, so day is open.

Could do
GR riverfront (pics on this post somewhere)
GR Lowes on 28th across from Woodland - cemented rock drainage behind it
GrandHaven State park
Muskegon Sub Park
My house - rocks and crete are still in the same config as last fall, old fence wood to build some more bridges for the scalers, could lay the larger pile out some for scalers.
Where else??

Grand Haven State park or Muskegon Sub Park sounds interesting.that park that was great to run in but no one can remember the name of?:roll: wouldn't be a bad option? i have a great start on the trail part of my coarse. the only set back was the c-ment that the 2 idiots put down last week. the surface was crumbling and about 60% was moved to the trail. it may have held up to a ten pound or less crawler but was no match for a 30 pound dog.

its in kentwood. its on 60th just past wing. its woods and walking paths. down trees, sand, and small hills. there are some nice water crossings. you would want to bring shoes\boots you wouldn't mind if they got dirty. jim s went out and watched kev and me run after his bully got a bath and he wants to go back.

sweet about the rocks, might have to rope off the cement next time so your dog wont walk all over it. and yeah wont be able to make it out to night, gf is coming and she is having a crapy day so i have to be a good bf and make her feel loved.

In Chicago w/fam.
Walked all over. Spoiled dinner dipping cookies in icecream at Hershey store.
Bout to go swimming. Maybe a carriage ride later.

Next weekend on your new rocks??

just finished installing the rest of the new 3600 lbs. of rock and i was wondering if the rest of you guys would like to come out and try out my pile-o-trail instead of going to bfg friday night. wouldn't mind going to the park again. didn't mind playing in the rain sat.

Back