• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

well it was a great day out at the pit. it was also the last time. as we 3 where leaving 2 kent county sheriffs walked up to us and told us that we where trespassing and not supposed to be there. was kind of funny, one of them looked sad to have to kick us out.

Kinda sucks!

I am glad he let you off with a warning Jim after trying to push him down that gravel mound!

BTW, mile West, there is a frisbee park? It has a ravine to the west of the parking lot with a 14" creek running.
Few rocks, sand bottom, lots of undergrowth.

Wow, did you guys see the Bronco FS in the classifieds?
Fracture V8, K44s, Leafed, full interior...................
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/398537-one-knid-bronco-build.html

206687d1345387206-moving-sale-011.jpg

206688d1345387206-moving-sale-022.jpg

Bit windy, but just went flying with the boys. 2 planes dive bombing each other.
Glad they are only 2oz foamies, I smacked my 10yr old in the head circling him.

North of the PIT, is Grand River Park.
I posted some pics of it couple years ago.
Some rocks in the woods down by the boat ramp. Beyond what is in the pics, would be trail running I'm guessing.

Could try it sometime.

GrandRiverPkBoatLanuchArea1.jpg

GrandRiverPkrdtoBoatLaunch.jpg

GrandRiverPkMap.jpg

GrandRiverPkFilmore.jpg

This is the Ravine I found down the road from the PIT on Butterworth.........
Overgrown brush, 14" wide creek at the bottom.
Some smaller rocks in it, sandy bottom.

Long pants and shoes to avoid poison Ivy.

FrisbeeRavineonButterworth.jpg

Well I'll be right up the road, but not running RC.
Five for Fighting at Fred Meijer Gardens. Lawn seating, beer+wine, a yummy pic-n-nic basket, and my schweet thing!

Stop me, I have a sickness!!! I could not say no to a deal and bought another rig!?!?

pictures?

It's a surprise. Could prob run as is, but will need a few days of my time to be show worthy. It will crack you up............or just make you shake your head in shame of knowing me. LOL

Nate, get your backside out on some rocks!!

Five for Fighting concert was fantastic! "thumbsup"
They were backed up by a 30pc orchestra for most of it.

Have fun if you guys get out this weekend. I'll be packing for the family vacation. Leaving Sunday for a week in Tennessee. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345777324.105614.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345777341.490433.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345777360.272068.jpg
Here's some shots of the cabin.

Hey Scott... You forgot to give me the address... So I guess I will just ride with you instead. Lol.

Have a great vacation

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So what about next Sunday or Monday, eeeeearly at Grand Haven State Park?
Or I can do another location.
Sat is out for me, but I can make almost anytime Sun or Mon work.

I'd be up for that. You fine gentlemen could also head up north a bit. Medbury Park is a great spot. Big limestone, clean sand, and not to many people, not nearly as busy a GH anyway. Just a thought!

Can you post up a pic or two of Medbury Park??
Is the limestone what is along the inlet?
Flat?
Big gaps between them or??

Could also try that Grand River Park I posted above.

Last edited:
There's a sweet creek right outside the cabin. If you guys want to stop by. It's only 11 hours away. I'll post picks later.

Can you post up a pic or two of Medbury Park??
Is the limestone what is along the inlet?
Flat?
Big gaps between them or??

Could also try that Grand River Park I posted above.

I'm sorry I don't have a camera. In one area the rocks are smaller and tight together, in another, the rocks are 3.5' tall in the middle the big rocks still touch the sand on either side, and I can walk between them. The sand is clean and very navigable and there is a large railing that the trucks can fit under between the rocks and the channel. It is the Montague side of the White Lake Channel in Lake Michigan. It really is a good spot. I go there two times a week for an hour or so, and have not become bored with it.

Back