• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat

It's in the process, spending most my time job hunting or kayaking.
Doing the waterproofing alittle different this time, it all won't be together by this weekend but will be glad to bring part of it to show you what I got going.

I have an all aluminum waterproof box I used for an Rx.
I should show it to you. An FXR would easily fit in it.

Wonder what side of the case on it gets the hottest when run?
You can wedge that side up against the inside wall of the alum case. Case would wick away the heat like a heat sink.
Most difficult part is feeding 16ga wires through a hole in the case with RTV Blue.

I am using clear plastic box that I will use liquid electric tape for sealing, my test of the box under water for 2 hours showed no leakage, and only 1 coat of the stuff. my final box will have two coats. I am heading to walmart now to take advatage of their a/c.

Running 2.2s, watch the temp on it.
Run it around ur yard not sealed. If warm or less, prob ok. If hot, prob shouldn't seal it.

Sent from my U20a

might put my stock tires back on, little smaller then the rovers, and was told it depends more on the gearing more then the tires, also heard the FXR desipates heat more through the wires for no heat sink is required with the FETs (field effect transistors) they use.

great run today, Jim and Scot did well at the creek, and I didn't break anything myself, of course I didn't bring anything to run :lmao:

video coming soon

Last edited:
I have found a few good spots up here in the Montague area. A small beach with the big limestone like Grand Haven, but the beach is rarely busy, and the rocks are a lot more crawlable. Also, out at the Silversides museum in Muskegon. The channel is lined with LONG runs of the limestone. I have not run there yet, but it looked really good when were briefly stopped in the parking lot. There are still a few parks i need to check out. Oh, and there is a metric shit ton of sand around here, strap on some paddles and lets go!

Kyle, seen the rocks by the Silverside and the channel, those do look really sweet to crawl on. I am trying to picture the beach your talking about, I remember one that was north of the White Lake channel that had some rocks, is that the one? You are right about all the micro rocks (sand) over there, boy I sure miss living along the lake shore. Can't wait to crawl with you again, we need to set up a day when we can all come over your way to crawl. I won't need pics, but the others might. Take care, and see ya' on the trail soon "thumbsup"

Back