• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

what lexan bodies would you like to see

hobbys are about spending money and anyone not willing to do so should walk away..
i think with 438 posts there might just be enough interest.. lol but in reality this should be a HARD body thread...

oh and a Dodge ram D50... that would be pretty sweet. or old datsun pickup.. and once again every truck. might as well start alphabetically..

Yes its a hobby and it cost $$. But it shouldn't make you go broke.

Any early 50' truck
73'-79'ford ex cab 92'-97',98'-06 F250 crew cab short bed, W/O having to cut two bodies apart and custom building one...
This List Can go on and on. There are so many Trucks and SUV's that should made. To bad theres not a company that makes the body you want w/o costing an arm and a leg, I gotta save those for gas lol..Oh I got dib's on the copy rights on that business now.. BOOYYAAAA!!!!!! :flipoff:

22 pages of this thread and is any "body" manufacturer looking at this? seems almost every page someone says a ford ranger- (not the old square one) or calls for a range rover classic shell- and seems every one unanimously says make it more detailed, better grille, etc.......

more detail means more $$
to produce a body takes $$
must be enough people willing to spend the $$

when was the last time something "fresh" has come out? people are enamored with the custom styrene builds because many of them make bodies that can not be readily had, and they look SO good. much better detail than what is currently available.

::rant off::

L.R. :mrgreen:

I look at this thread about once per week, and got the inspiration to design and manufacture our K5 body from the requests. Overall, I comprise my wish list of shells to manufacture from a combination of this thread, personal requests from customers and vendors, and my own research.

93 to 97 chevy tahoe/blazer 93 to 2000 ranger extra cab early 70's late 60's jeep overlander 88 to 96 ford bronco any of the excrusins late 90's 4runner 30's chevy truck miltary duece and a half

i think proline (for example) should just make a toyota body shell, it wouldn't really matter what one although one that is popualr in the 1:1 off road comunity as i think it would sell like crazy.

I'm going to have to cast another vote for a CJ. It could really be any vintage as far as I'm concerned. I'd just like to see something more detailed than the Proline scrambler. Which for that matter sell like hotcakes if you could even find one, I would be willing to bet those would sell.

I'd love to see a nice older Hummer H1 and some pickup cabs that could be used with Honcho rear sections or custom built truggys!! That way you wouldn't have to hack off the bed of the truck and deal with having the rear of the cab all open and cut out

International Harvester

Scout 80
Scout 800
scout 800A
Scout 800B
Scout II
Super Scout II
Scout Terra II
Scout Traveler
Scout Travelall
Scout Midas

yes, I want one of each"thumbsup"

Well, in reality obscure body styles are never going to be produced because there would be no market for them. Almost everything sold is Ford, Chevy, Jeep or VW bug; So, I thinking about going more mainsream, I would like to see:

-'80s Ramcharger (square headlights)
-Toyota Land Cruiser LWB (2nd. and 3rd. generations)
-Original "series" Land Rover 109 LWB
-Nissan Xterra

Last edited:
Toyota FJ 60 land cruiser

Toyota 4runner circa 1996

Andbof course, Econoline Rapist box van

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ABC Hobby

It would be great if ABC Hobby would latch onto this segment of the RC hobby, considering the level of detail and scale realism that they produce with Touring, Drift and M-chassis bodies. Some of their newer releases rival and even surpass Tamiya detail.

As long as we're dreaming, I would love to see Tamiya or ABC make any of these:

• 89 Toyota pickup
• 86 Ford Bronco II
• 86-97 Nissan hardbody pickup
• 80s Range Rover County

Re: ABC Hobby

It would be great if ABC Hobby would latch onto this segment of the RC hobby, considering the level of detail and scale realism that they produce with Touring, Drift and M-chassis bodies. Some of their newer releases rival and even surpass Tamiya detail.

As long as we're dreaming, I would love to see Tamiya or ABC make any of these:

• 89 Toyota pickup
• 86 Ford Bronco II
• 86-97 Nissan hardbody pickup
• 80s Range Rover County
I also vote the Nissan and Range Rover!"thumbsup"

I'd love to see a nice older Hummer H1 and some pickup cabs that could be used with Honcho rear sections or custom built truggys!! That way you wouldn't have to hack off the bed of the truck and deal with having the rear of the cab all open and cut out

The H1 has been made. I have 1 on my clodbuster. I will get a pic of it up tomorrow.

Back